Rodman Dam Ride '06

Started by Jeffgre, December 07, 2005, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffgre

I'm still in. I guess we are meeting around 8:30 or 9am in the pit correct? I'll have my group who just wants to go on a good sized trail ride. Nothing fast or crazy. I've downloaded the new trail system but have no idea what I'm looking at. Looking forward to stopping by the ranger tent and getting an idea of which way to go to keep us in the allowed areas.

GSPKurt

The coordinates for the approx. location are
N29.50151
W81.81543

Come across Rodman Dam Rd. from Hwy. 19. Do not come up FS 88. You will probably get stuck unless you have 4wd. Trust me.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

soggybottom

GSPKurt,

Are the coordinates for the big sand pit or what? it looks like alot of us have cabins rented. this will be my first group ride. has anyone got a plan?

Keith
Artic Cat 500 4X4 & Grizzley 660 4X4

Ida_Mann

I plan on riding my quad a little and socializing a bit more,,,,tat's about it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

GSPKurt

Quote from: soggybottom on February 07, 2006, 10:16:33 PM
GSPKurt,

Are the coordinates for the big sand pit or what? it looks like alot of us have cabins rented. this will be my first group ride. has anyone got a plan?

Keith

Keith-
Yes, that's right adjacent to the pit. I assume we'll play in the pit for a while and then hit the trails.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

#105
Quote from: mbast330r on February 06, 2006, 07:19:58 PM
No one has said anything about the time we are meeting.  According to past rides it seems its around 9am.  That is what time my group will be there.  If there is anyone staying at the campground that would be willing to carry some fuel to Rodmans could they reply by tomorrow so we could exchange some information.  We stay in hog valley, I have enough fuel to make it to Rodmans & back, but not enough to do any riding while I am there,  (Banshee 409 loves gas).  I will have a laptop with me but I don't know if it will work up there or not until I get there.  I would appreciate it.

There is virtually no cell service in the forest. I am bringing my FRS radios.

I will have 5 gals. extra on the trailer, and if you wish, I can bring another 5 gal. can with me.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Busta Nutt

Kurt I thought you were not going to make it.
I have a few more people going with me. Might break down and let the kid ride also.

dirtyface

I am down in Davie fl. I want to go. I was there last weekend at scrub and delancey had a great time. Nowhere to ride down here but the holeylands. looking forward to it.
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

GSPKurt

Quote from: wilburzbro on February 08, 2006, 05:31:34 PM
Kurt I thought you were not going to make it.
I have a few more people going with me. Might break down and let the kid ride also.

I have a person coming up to adopt one of my rescued dogs, and wasn't sure which day. They decided on Sunday. I'll be there.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

cfrhinorider

Ok, its Thursday two days to go. Is everything still the same, 0900 hours at Rodman Dam? Who are we looking for? Are you going to have a sign or something we can identify you by?

Busta Nutt

I'll be the one with a beer in my hand

Busta Nutt


ATVXtreme

Is this ATV only or can motorcycles ride this too??? I feel left out.....

Ida_Mann

it's not like your gonna get kicked out for riding on two wheels instead of four,,,,,I usually meet people in the parking area, and I will be in a '03 F150 with a 12' enclosed trailer behind it brewing coffee ;-)

I'll see if I can find a pic and post it of my ride so I can be identified.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann



it'll look a lot like this, but with a shorter enclosed trailer.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

wilburz

A little rain beats the crizap out of a whole lot of dust!!!!! ;D
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

dirtyface

Hey, Are any of you guys going to stay and ride sunday too? I will be coming from ft lauderdale, about 250 miles so I want to ride both day. Its a long way for just 1 day. So I was wondering if some of you guys are going to ride sunday also. thanks  ::)
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

mid keneval

I will not make it sorry but we decided to hear to bostwick park track we will try next time.. :(

cfrhinorider

What is the quickest way to get there coming down 316. Should I go to 19 north to 77?

GSPKurt

Take 19 north to Rodman Dam Rd.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Ida_Mann

met some good people, got lots of information and inspiration for the future today.

and it didn't start raining till about 12:30.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

wilburz

Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 11, 2006, 05:59:09 PM
met some good people, got lots of information and inspiration for the future today.

and it didn't start raining till about 12:30.

Id@

Did you run into Wilburzbro?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Chillinthemost

Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 11, 2006, 05:59:09 PM
met some good people, got lots of information and inspiration for the future today.

and it didn't start raining till about 12:30.

Id@
Ida, do you mean you got positive news from the rangers on the new rules?
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

ATVXtreme

There is always postive news from the rangers. See if I can download a map and put it up..

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com