Gain Respect or Lose Friends

Started by dreth, February 09, 2006, 06:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

I know that there is alot of people on this site that have read the "I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE" post and have chosen not to get involved, well to that I say................ that is why this country is in the predictament (sp) it is in!

like it says...........gain respect or lose friends..............

If you just stand idolly (sp) by this will never get any better. If your one of those people that agree with the PLEDGE but wont stand up for it, then in my opinion you are part of the problem! Either stand up for your countries PLEDGE or leave this country.

Now you choose which post you want to post on...........this one, so you can brow beat me.............or the PLEDGE post so you can type how you feel!

05greengriz

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Honda328i

I will say it again:

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

God bless America, my home sweet home!

I thought of this thread last night on the way home from work I saw a bumper sticker on a car that read:

"God loves you whether you like it or not"  :)
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

allright, just because.....

consider youreself brow-beaten ;-)

I pledge.....

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

FishaHallic

#4
Some of you can't see the forest thru the trees.  :cursing.gif :gh :K :banghead.gif :ThumbsDown.gif :dunno.gif.  But unlike you guys I don't think you should leave the country because I disagree with you because thank goodness we have freedom of speech and thought (even if your wrong  ;D). 

This is a great country because we CAN sit here and debate this issue.  But, if I was to believe like some of you narrow minded people, there would be no debate,  it would be as you say " love it or leave it". 

And did I read the heading wrong,  Gain Respect or Lose Friends?  Sounds like Dreth is saying if you don't back me on this God thing then I can't respect you and we could never be friends.  If that's not a narrow minded view then I don't know what one is.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  :dunno.gif

SlowestYfz450

Quote from: FishaHallic on February 09, 2006, 10:38:09 AM
Some of you can't see the forest thru the trees.  :cursing.gif :gh :K :banghead.gif :ThumbsDown.gif :dunno.gif.  But unlike you guys I don't think you should leave the country because I disagree with you because thank goodness we have freedom of speech and thought (even if your wrong  ;D). 

This is a great country because we CAN sit here and debate this issue.  But, if I was to believe like some of you narrow minded people, there would be no debate,  it would be as you say " love it or leave it". 

And did I read the heading wrong,  Gain Respect or Lose Friends?  Sounds like Dreth is saying if you don't back me on this God thing then I can't respect you and we could never be friends.  If that's not a narrow minded view then I don't know what one is.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  :dunno.gif

I have went riding with Dreth twice and I think he is a very level headed guy, and I agree with 99% of his opinions and views on god and this country. I think what he was trying to say is Gain respect for what people have to say, or they wont want to be your friends. Correct me if I'm Wrong Dreth.... Cant wait to get back down there and ride with you again man, maybe by then i'll have a big YFZ to whoop that ole hOnda thing you have ;)

bigscrub79

I believe what Dreth was trying to say is you can either stand up for what you believe in and gain respect, which in turn could cause you to lose friends. It is a matter of telling people how you feel and standing up for what you believe in. If you sit around and just listen to what people have to say and dont argue your point  you will probably make friends. You will not however gain much respect because people will not think you have any convictions. I may be off but thats how i took it.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Honda328i

Quote from: FishaHallic on February 09, 2006, 10:38:09 AM
Some of you can't see the forest thru the trees.  :cursing.gif :gh :K :banghead.gif :ThumbsDown.gif :dunno.gif.  But unlike you guys I don't think you should leave the country because I disagree with you because thank goodness we have freedom of speech and thought (even if your wrong  ;D). 

This is a great country because we CAN sit here and debate this issue.  But, if I was to believe like some of you narrow minded people, there would be no debate,  it would be as you say " love it or leave it". 

And did I read the heading wrong,  Gain Respect or Lose Friends?  Sounds like Dreth is saying if you don't back me on this God thing then I can't respect you and we could never be friends.  If that's not a narrow minded view then I don't know what one is.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  :dunno.gif

Do you personally know dreth?  Be careful before you start calling people names and putting them into boxes that they don't fit.  What exactly is "narrow minded" anyway?  Calling people names when you don't know them personally is certainly not respecting them or their beliefs or ever gaining their respect.  

And for the record, I do not like "religion" --> it's something man made up to think that they could gain enough goodness to get to God, a futile task no one could ever achieve, we are all just too evil.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

WPBSMOKA

Quote from: Honda328i on February 09, 2006, 11:11:08 AM
Quote from: FishaHallic on February 09, 2006, 10:38:09 AM
Some of you can't see the forest thru the trees.  :cursing.gif :gh :K :banghead.gif :ThumbsDown.gif :dunno.gif.  But unlike you guys I don't think you should leave the country because I disagree with you because thank goodness we have freedom of speech and thought (even if your wrong  ;D). 

This is a great country because we CAN sit here and debate this issue.  But, if I was to believe like some of you narrow minded people, there would be no debate,  it would be as you say " love it or leave it". 

And did I read the heading wrong,  Gain Respect or Lose Friends?  Sounds like Dreth is saying if you don't back me on this God thing then I can't respect you and we could never be friends.  If that's not a narrow minded view then I don't know what one is.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  :dunno.gif

Do you personally know dreth?  Be careful before you start calling people names and putting them into boxes that they don't fit.  What exactly is "narrow minded" anyway?  Calling people names when you don't know them personally is certainly not respecting them or their beliefs or ever gaining their respect. 

And for the record, I do not like "religion" --> it's something man made up to think that they could gain enough goodness to get to God, a futile task no one could ever achieve, we are all just too evil.
Since everyone else is giving there"what he meant was". He made a reference to narrow minded people.  He said that Dreth's  view was narrow minded.  That's for this subject, not neccesarily on everything.
'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics



Moose

This thread will be locked if this continues.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

VForcedave

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Old_School

I with you Dreth but I'm so sick and tired of people trying to push their religion on others. I was baptised Catholic and Christians are the worst kind well maybe next to Jahova (sp?) Witness  ;). They come to my door preaching and I let them have it. But over 50yrs of God being on the currency and in schools I agree, why change now?  If people have a problem with it...... go back to where you came from or that where religion is mainly worshiped. But I thought that religion or politics was not to be discussed on the boards? We all know what happened the last time that was done.  -Mark  
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

big-daddy

#12
This site getting fill with hard head people. Dreth as a opinion, just like you have yours. You can agree or disagree, stop the name calling without knowing the person.  I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that why I'm here. Do you agree? Go for it Dreth!
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

BCConviber

I'm all for the patriotic folks on here... Keep under god in our pledge and on our currency. Every one of us have a right to our own opinions. The bashing is uncalled for though.

That being said, I'm about over the endless political, religious and faith based comments on here. I thought we were here to talk atv's...
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

Moose

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Old_School

My 500 ownz all yoose peeps! Bow down!  ;D  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

bigscrub79

Quote from: Old_School on February 09, 2006, 12:47:46 PM
My 500 ownz all yoose peeps! Bow down!  ;D  -Mark
My 500 will smoke yours, :o  throught the mud that is.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

WPBSMOKA

Quote from: BCConviber on February 09, 2006, 12:08:06 PM
That being said, I'm about over the endless political, religious and faith based comments on here. I thought we were here to talk atv's...
Isn't there a recipe section somewhere on here?  Maybe some motor oil or something is among the ingredients. ;D  I did see a comment saying we were not supposed to discuss these issues, I am a newbie, so can someone tell me if that statement is true.  I understand it might be prefferd, but is it an actual rule?
'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics



AlterEgo

Hmmmmm, y'all thought the "pledge" brought some controversy . . . my Outty 800 smoked a bunch of sport quads 2 weekends ago. Had 'em hanging their heads just a little embarrased and confused as to what just happened.

(can't wait for the responses now . . . )
Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50

o4250

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I agree witht he pledge. That is all.

FishaHallic

O.k., what bigscrub79 said makes since, I see what Dreth is saying now.   But that doesn't mean he does not have narrow minded views, and I'm not trying to mean about that but I don't know how else to say it.  And as far as people respecting goes.  I base my respect of people by their actions and words, not by words or believes alone. 

If you met me I think you would like me.  I don't need your respect because I'm still gonna lead my life like I have for 45 yrs, and that is by treating people with respect and not force them to conform to other peoples views.  Good luck


Honda328i

[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

americanhighlander

#23
Quote from: Old_School on February 09, 2006, 11:38:36 AM
I with you Dreth but I'm so sick and tired of people trying to push their religion on others. I was baptised Catholic and Christians are the worst kind well maybe next to Jahova (sp?) Witness  ;). They come to my door preaching and I let them have it. But over 50yrs of God being on the currency and in schools I agree, why change now?  If people have a problem with it...... go back to where you came from or that where religion is mainly worshiped. But I thought that religion or politics was not to be discussed on the boards? We all know what happened the last time that was done.  -Mark  
I know we get those jahova witness at door halftime
they want to join their church.I tell them we have own religion.LOL

Plus i don't need to go to church and i have too many things to do beside that.
So you don't have to go their church and I know you have too many active
things you do in life.I understand about that.

The only religon we have to worry about the middle east counties.
I heard some of them are crazy
people over there fighting over about dumb cartoon newpaper.lol

So i don't wanna get into religon war on here.I do understand
other religons have diffrent ways,i do repect about that here in usa.

PS:So keep your freedom alive out there.


Thanks,
amhighlander  8)

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

FishaHallic


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com