5A/Scottsmore/Maytown......any recent riding there?

Started by YFZRob, February 07, 2006, 11:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YFZRob

So what's up out there?  Is it still open?  Where's the safest place to park? Any places to avoid?  A friend and I just picked up a couple of Rincon 680s last weekend and want to get them dirty.  For the last 4 years, I always look for dry places to ride on my sport quads....now I want the exact opposite  ::)
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

Ida_Mann

it's pretty wet out there at the moment due to the rain last weekend,,,,dunno about the 5A side of it, but Maytown Road is still safe.

last report I heard(from someone riding it last weekend) was that it was still safe and PLENTY of mud.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

YFZRob

Where's the maytown road side? In other words, how do you get there from I-95?  Also where is it safe to park?

Thanks!
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

Ida_Mann

getting there from I-95 is an adventure by itself,,,,,wouldn't recommend it, but if you really want to.....

Take the New Smyrna (442) exit and go all the way to US1 and hang a right,,,,follow this road a while(not sure of the distance) till you get to West Halifax Ave.  this road turns into Maytown Road and after some twist-turns you will end up going underneath I-95, go about another 1/2 mile and you will see a place to pull over on the left, or some other people already riding out there.

that is the other end of the area.

Id@

ps: driving from Deltona is a lot easier.
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

YFZRob

Whoa.....that's news to me!  I didn't realize this was the other side of the riding area.  How about from Orlando?  Sorry  :-\
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

vspec1

Anybody have better directions from orlando, I would like to go out there too.
2006 Brute Force 750
2005 YFZ 450
2006 Honda Rincon
2006 Honda TRX 90
2005 Predator 50
2006 KTM 525 exc

jwscroll

Ihate to rain on the where to ride parade, but Brevard County Law enforcement is watching this site as well as a couple of others to keep track of the riding areas. They can and have also used this info against riders and have shut down several areas because of it. When discussing places to ride in Brevard I would suggest using PM's instead of open forum.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Ida_Mann

understood.

I have another area in that county I'd like to ask about.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Brute Force

Quote from: jwscroll on February 08, 2006, 06:19:44 AM
Ihate to rain on the where to ride parade, but Brevard County Law enforcement is watching this site as well as a couple of others to keep track of the riding areas. They can and have also used this info against riders and have shut down several areas because of it. When discussing places to ride in Brevard I would suggest using PM's instead of open forum.

I believe the Brevard County Sheriff's Officers are fully aware of this place being a riding place as I personally have spoke w/ a Sheriff's officer who gave me and my buddies a business card and told us to call them if we ever see any newer model vehicles out in the woods burned etc...
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

Brute Force

Quote from: YFZRob on February 07, 2006, 11:16:03 AM
So what's up out there?  Is it still open?  Where's the safest place to park? Any places to avoid?  A friend and I just picked up a couple of Rincon 680s last weekend and want to get them dirty.  For the last 4 years, I always look for dry places to ride on my sport quads....now I want the exact opposite  ::)

I was thinking of going riding out there this weekend after the Terminex people leave Saturday morning, if your interested in joining let me know and we can set up a time and place to meet.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

jwscroll

I know MOST of the riders here are good well meaning people, unfortunately the bad ones are forceing the Sheriffs to take unusual measures to find out where the crowds are going to be so they can target that area during that time . This creates the most disruption for the most people. I am NOT trying to discourage riding in these places, just make it harder to figure out where your going.
I have also been asked to report newer model cars, I take it a step further and report all abandoned vehicles. The owner or former owner needs to get it out of our riding area.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Brute Force

I hear what you saying.  ;)

I do agree the owners should have their vehicles removed but for some reason I feel like they just dont care and it probably cost too much money to have the vehicles removed.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

YFZRob

Yes....abandoning vehicles and dumping trash is a major problem in areas like this.  They all have these issues.....(the now closed) sea world area always had stuff illegally dumped and cars trashed out there, as well as the (also now closed) "Compound" out in Palm Bay.  With the sea world area and the compound closed, it's really beginning to look bad.  The "compound" had been a play area for all sorts of activities for a good 15+ years, same with Sea World/I-drive spot.  Just throw in a few a55 clowns and it eventually destroys it for the respectful majority.
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

MachineDog

[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Brute Force

I would say it's about 2 1/2-3 hours from West Palm.

Go to www.mapquest.com and go to directions, Type in your address for the beginning location and then type in Scottsmoor, FL for your ending point.

As you'll see it's pretty much a straight shot up I-95 from West Palm. When you get off of I-95 just Turn left under I-95 and your there, can't miss it, especially if you go on the weekends.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com