TIRE SIZE?????????

Started by flmedic911, February 03, 2006, 09:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flmedic911

Hello all:

Have been looking for some new MEATS for my 2005 Suzuki Vinson 500.  Need some input.  I do an even mix of mud and trail.  What tires?  and can I go with 27 inches under my stock Vinson?  I was told I could fit them.  Was looking at:  ITP Black Water tires, ITP 589, Swamp Lites, and Mud Bugs.

Thanks for the input.  Also,,,steel or alloy rims??????


Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!


FLMEDIC911 8) ;) ;D

bigscrub79

#1
I have stock size mudlites on my vinson and love them. My brother has stock size swamplites and he loves them. I believe you have to get a lift for the 27's and also need to get a clutch kit and possibly new axles when it breaks them. The stock size mudlites pull real well and i havent had a problem yet, but then i know what i can make it through, havent tried anything real deep yet.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: bigscrub79 on February 03, 2006, 09:34:06 AM
I have stock size mudlites on my vinson and love them. My brother has stock size swamplites and he loves them. I believe you have to get a lift for the 27's and also need to get a clutch kit and possibly new axles when it breaks them. The stock size mudlites pull real well and i havent had a problem yet, but then i know what i can make it through, havent tried anything real deep yet.

bok bok bok bok.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on February 03, 2006, 09:39:22 AM
Quote from: bigscrub79 on February 03, 2006, 09:34:06 AM
I have stock size mudlites on my vinson and love them. My brother has stock size swamplites and he loves them. I believe you have to get a lift for the 27's and also need to get a clutch kit and possibly new axles when it breaks them. The stock size mudlites pull real well and i havent had a problem yet, but then i know what i can make it through, havent tried anything real deep yet.

bok bok bok bok.  ;D

lol, I think the only time he's had it stuck was when peanut got him out.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

yunt2ride

I would not recommend anything larger than 1 inch taller than stock. I have stock mud bugs on my polaris 500HO and I go anywhere I decide to go. I do beleive that the outlaws and mudzillas are a little to aggressive and brake more stuff. They look good but the mud bugs will do everything you ask of them. The mud bugs is also the same as a gator. Any mud tire you get will be better than stock tires and will impress you. You will be able to go in two wheel drive where you would get stuck in 4wd with stock tires.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

PaulyV500

I think it is best to stay with the stock size. Just remeber that if you change the tires and go with more agressive trad pattern they will get more grip and something else will have to give. I went with ITP ATR's on my Brute Force and they got great traction even in the mud, but I consistantly broke/bent tie rods, I believe due to the increase in grip. Many people have broken many an axle with larger more agressive tires. To do it right it is truly more than tires, your lookin at suspension and axles to be reliable.
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com