help getting rid of winfixer!

Started by gery350, February 01, 2006, 07:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gery350

calling all cars!!

man i cant get rid of that freakin thing!

i've deleted program, ive done file searches and found hidded files and deleted them but cant get rid of it. any help..............PLEASE!
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

geektrx

fix the registry using regedit command in the run box

use the msconfig command in the run box to disable it

then manually delete the files through command prompt

if all else fails back up your filend wipe the partition
Yes, I do talk to myself, it is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and the only trait that separates the two is the amount of pay.

06 TRX
94 Kawi Bayou
91 Seadoo SP
91 Kawi TS

Ida_Mann

and do all of the above in Safe Mode,,,,,or else it might come back.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jocolo

Start/ programs/accesories/system tools/sytem restore and go back a week or so, or find a proram called Hijack this , and delete it

qt314nfla

I don't know the required info about computers to help you.  I do know that Idaman, Thrasher, and Muddfreak are experts in this field and that computers are their career.  Hope this helps.

Ida_Mann

Expert? wow, didn't know that ;-)

check is in the mail.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MuddFreak77

I repeat I'm an expert at nothing!!!!   ;) ;)

You want to do is  first disable system restore. 

After some research, I found out this is Spyware/Adware, go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en  and download the anti-spyware program.  Install it and apply all of the updates, boot system into safe mode as Ida said, and then run the program.

Freakk
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

MachineDog

Sounds like time for a reformat! :) *brushes off the ole' WinXP disk*
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

geektrx

he won't need to reformat as long as he fixes the registry

if he doesn't know what he's doing that he will need to wipe the drive and partition it and reinstall windows

if you need help wiping the drive clean

make usre you use fdisk

and make sure to erase sector 1 volume 1

that way the hard drive will only read 00000000

until you install a new OS
Yes, I do talk to myself, it is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and the only trait that separates the two is the amount of pay.

06 TRX
94 Kawi Bayou
91 Seadoo SP
91 Kawi TS

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com