New Bike Decision

Started by Anoriginal, January 27, 2005, 07:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

Okay, I'm buying a new bike within the next week. I'm torn between the Yamaha 660 Grizzly and the Kawasaki Brute Force 750.

I've been on both and like them both. Anyone have any lasting experience with these two bikes or opinions to share?

Thanks in advance.

Smoknbanshee

GRIZZLY....team yamaha.....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

450R_Matt

Anoriginal, they are both great bikes and I have riden both also. I cant help but remember the power and speed of the B.F. That is an awsome machine and rides like a caddy also.
Between those two go with the Kawi. My .02
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

innocent_bystander

#3
Well my buddy just bought a 05 Grizz this morning. We took it out to a field in the city to test it out, and wow. I'm use to the tank of a quad in my Polaris. The steering and power are great. The steering impressed me the most considering my Sportsman turns like a freight train. I was throwing dirt and pulling wheelies. Never have ridden the Brute Force, and now probably never will. The Grizz is the way to go for me.
Life is all about @$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

yunt2ride

Go test drive the brute force and artic cat.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Kawa3

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Anoriginal

Right now I'm leaning towards the Grizzly. It seems to handle better and the power is on par with the Brute Force. That Brute Force is a torque monster though and a blast to drive. Just not a nimble as the Yamaha.

I ride an Arctic Cat for about 5 hours straight this summer and wasn't that impressed. I found it cumbersome compared to the Yamaha. Just my opinion. I'm sure its a great bike.

Redgrizzly660

#7
The Grizzly 660 is a great quad handles great and smooth ride. The Brute force has to much power and too light in front Unstable ride.

But what else would I say after all I am the Grizz

Chillinthemost

I say get them both then you can take me mudding ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Anoriginal

Hey Matt!

Good idea. Now, all you have to do is call my wife and talk her into letting me spend $14k+ for two bikes. By they way, if that were to happen, I'd have to move in with your family.

I'll swing by and show you which one I end up buying.

YAMAHONDAMAN

#10
I WANNA SEE IT !!!!    ;D
1985 Tri-Z w/ 1986 plastics, turbo crank, PWK 39mm Keihin carb, custom 12" aluminum s/ arm, Skat Trak 22x11x8 Tauler Haulers on 11" wide rims, lots of stainless, lots of aluminum...Powder Coated Frame,etc,,,,NOTHING STOCK !!!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com