HOLY S&!T THEY GROOMED CROOM!!!

Started by emaxxjeremy, January 22, 2006, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emaxxjeremy

i was up there today and they actually did some maintenance.  as little as it may be, it was nice to get out of 3rd gear.  they groomed the road around the outside, i guess that would be the south and west side.  it was still slightly bumpy, so it was awesome
04 450r-WB E2, HC Stg 2, ATP tuned

06 Kasea 90

DZ 350

good to here it, do u have any pics of the spots they groomed?
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

emaxxjeremy

no i didnt bring the camera with me today
04 450r-WB E2, HC Stg 2, ATP tuned

06 Kasea 90

2 rut

are we going to be reading about any high rate of speed crashes at croom now :-\
98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage

muddinit

Guy got his manhood SEVERED 3 weeks ago yesterday. If that dont slow you down, nothin will

dj_pizzim

#5
I was out there yesterday,  the area "GROOMED" is a access path from the Croom entance along the fence by OAS. It is fenced off from the main pit for the most part but you can get on it. It leads to the west property line where there is a gate to someones property.  I spoke with the ranger and he told me it was going to be fenced in the rest of the way and was off limits as they need to have access and "you all just woop it all to hell".

On a personal note If everyone who pregnant doged about the conditions of Croom would not drive like crazy and rip up the trails they wouldn't be all wooped out and washed out. As for the pits they need some help too you cant just rip up a hill a bunch and not expect it to get washed out, you might be amased how much a shovel can do.
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

CABLEGUY1

#6
Quote from: dj_pizzim on January 29, 2006, 01:59:12 PM
I
On a personal note If everyone who pregnant doged about the conditions of Croom would not drive like crazy and rip up the trails they wouldn't be all wooped up and washed out .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         You can't be serious?  Alot of us spends thousands of dollars on our SPORT quads and also pay a fifty dollar fee to be able to drive like crazy and rip it up. I know my bike was built to ride fast and hard. They don't make DS650s,Raptors,Banshees,450s etc for people to drive slow and not throw up any dirt and they don't make 4x4 quads to go around mud holes. They should take some of the money they make and ROUTINELY  groom as much of the trails as possible. I think it's about time they gave something back even though it was probably not intended to please the patrons.

dj_pizzim

Maybe you didnt understand the point i was making. The people that dig burnout holes in the middle of the trail or make donut holes in the day parking areas arnt riding fast and hard.  There is a big difference in riding fast and hard and driving like crazy and ripping it up. Last I checked they didnt make ds650's, Raptors, 450's ect for digging holes.
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: dj_pizzim on January 29, 2006, 03:23:19 PM
Maybe you didnt understand the point i was making. The people that dig burnout holes in the middle of the trail or make donut holes in the day parking areas arnt riding fast and hard.  There is a big difference in riding fast and hard and driving like crazy and ripping it up. Last I checked they didnt make ds650's, Raptors, 450's ect for digging holes.

Yeah, last I checked thats what they made them for. About everyone does donuts on a sport quad..even turning will rut stuff up. Do you expect people to slow down to a stop to turn?

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: dj_pizzim on January 29, 2006, 03:23:19 PM
Maybe you didnt understand the point i was making. The people that dig burnout holes in the middle of the trail or make donut holes in the day parking areas arnt riding fast and hard.  There is a big difference in riding fast and hard and driving like crazy and ripping it up. Last I checked they didnt make ds650's, Raptors, 450's ect for digging holes.
My bad,I thought the whoops were from throwing up dirt everytime you shift gears going fast on a sport quad.I did'nt realize they were from people stopping every five feet and digging burnout holes for miles on end. Thanks.

dj_pizzim

#10
Quote from: Dr.Dirt on January 29, 2006, 03:30:24 PM
Quote from: dj_pizzim on January 29, 2006, 03:23:19 PM
Maybe you didnt understand the point i was making. The people that dig burnout holes in the middle of the trail or make donut holes in the day parking areas arnt riding fast and hard.  There is a big difference in riding fast and hard and driving like crazy and ripping it up. Last I checked they didnt make ds650's, Raptors, 450's ect for digging holes.

Yeah, last I checked thats what they made them for. About everyone does donuts on a sport quad..even turning will rut stuff up. Do you expect people to slow down to a stop to turn?

Umm no that why they make excavators and backhoes.  And i wasnt talking about berms either. If you read my post you will notice my complaint was people digging burnout holes (which isnt a woop) or digging donut holes (not a berm) in the trail crossings and day parking areas.
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

mrbones

#11
I was there today. The entire west side access road is being fenced off, too. I understand they need a flat unwhopped road to drive their trucks on, but the riding area within Croom is in essence, becoming smaller as a result.

And don't you love it, when you have been going there for 5+ years and publicize the heck out of their place for free and the guy at the gate hassles you for putting your Croom sticker on the frame instead of the fender? When I bought the sticker another guy said it was no problem. But today, guess not.

Oh well, I'll have forgotten it by tomorrow. Still had a good time riding, though.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Ida_Mann

waaaaay back in the day when I went to Croom, they actually told us to put them on the frame,,,,freakin weirdos

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

blackhammockmudder

hey how far is croom from jacksonville

Old_School

They are gonna fence off that road off too? Jesus Christ! Croom just flat out sucks! I'm gonna get out of this damn sport pretty soon. What a F'n joke. -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Eruption

Quote from: Old_School on February 03, 2006, 11:56:11 AM
They are gonna fence off that road off too? Jesus Christ! Croom just flat out sucks! I'm gonna get out of this d**n sport pretty soon. What a F'n joke. -Mark

Yea I'm with ya there.  With all the riding areas that are closing in this state Croom is getting more and more crowded and the last think Croom needs is to get smaller!! 

ronny86250r

well guys and gals i am gonna put street tires on my r and run from the cops atleast the streets are groomed and i can enjoy the chash but it is gonna suck when i get caught ha ha :deal.gif

qt314nfla

Well, when y'all decide you want out of the sport let me know.  I should be able to purchase a sport quad by next year, Christmas if I'm lucky.  So for anyone here getting out that has a z400, yfz450, or 450r w/ mods let me know when you're ready. 

Nocturnal

Well I'm not getting out of the sport. I enjoy it too much. But stuff like this makes me happy that I bought a street bike. I can't feed my need without traveling for hours and dealing with all of the BS.
2007 Camo King Quad 700 - 26" 589's
2005 Honda Rancher AT - Tamarack Front box, Kenwood stereo, 25" 589's, K&N

2006 VTX 1300C - K&N, windshield, bags

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com