Raptor 700 Fan Issues

Started by atvirule, January 23, 2006, 06:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atvirule

Has anyone had an issue with the new Raptor 700 where the fan is not coming on? I have had my new Raptor for a couple weeks and only had it out three times. This last time it quit running and wouldn't start after about 10 min of sitting there it started right back up and was fine for the rest of the day. The next day we took it out again and it over heated and boiled all the fluid out of the radiator. During all this the fan was never running. Took it to yamaha today to get it fixed and they said it is probably a relay for the fan, they have been having issues with them. Has anyone else had this problem with their raptor and is that the real problem?

DZ 350

i know my friend RAD700r has a new 700 and every thing works perfect u should take it back and demand for a new one.
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

2006YFZ450

That starting up problem happend to me >:(

I was riding and shut it off and went back to ride it and did not start....I kept on cranking it and cranking it and didnt start >:(

Then I waited for like 15 min.  And went back to my quad and started right up ???

I have no clue whats up with them ???

I'll just tell you they SUCK......You should of waited until next year so they can figure out all the problems and take all the bugs out ;)
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

RAD 450r

Thats probably the problem
Nothing serious, never heard of that happening before though
Excellent quad anyways
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

atvirule

I hope it is something really easy to fix and won't have that issue again. I rode for a couple hours flying around so it didn't get over heated but once i started to take it easy and slow it shut off, but I never once heard the fan run. Other than that one issue the bike is awesome, it flies over the woops and awesome balance compared to the 660.

vspec1

A buddy of mine just had the same thing happen to his. It overheated on his third trip out with it. Took it in to the dealer and the dealer replaced the ecu. It took two weeks to get his quad back.
2006 Brute Force 750
2005 YFZ 450
2006 Honda Rincon
2006 Honda TRX 90
2005 Predator 50
2006 KTM 525 exc

atvirule

Has he had any other issues with it once they replaced the ECU? I just hope they have some in stock and won't take two weeks to get it back, i'm planning on going to ONF this saturday if I have my quad back.

atvirule

I got my Raptor back yesterday, it only took them three days to fix it. They said it was a relay that runs the fan went bad. Everything is running good now.

RAD 450r

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

vspec1

He has yet to take it out since getting it back. When he got home he noticed the overflow cap was missing , he called the dealer and they told him they were $5.00 He is so pissed right now, he doesn't want to look at that bike.
2006 Brute Force 750
2005 YFZ 450
2006 Honda Rincon
2006 Honda TRX 90
2005 Predator 50
2006 KTM 525 exc

Thrumud

My 700R has been starting and running perfect.  No problems here.  Fan turns on when hot, never shuts down on me. 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

53yfz450

i know the 700's have a vapor lock issue. :N when it doesnt start up unscrew the gas cap and try to start it. :-\
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

RAD 450r

#12
Yeah, ive heard that before too.  Ive also heard that a guy put his mouth over the gas cap and blew into the gas tank and it worked lol.  I dont know if i would try that except for a last resort lol. Must be something with the gas cap not venting right or efi idk?
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L