how well does onf get along with a gps unit???

Started by geektrx, January 27, 2006, 02:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geektrx

Yes, I do talk to myself, it is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and the only trait that separates the two is the amount of pay.

06 TRX
94 Kawi Bayou
91 Seadoo SP
91 Kawi TS

Bigscrb15

ummm, I have never had the forest and my gps fight, but if your wondering about reception as long as it isnt a really really cheap gps it will work great! my magellan explorist 500 gets a signal inside my house.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

geektrx

i meant as far as signal and accuracy for the etrex legend or a megellan
Yes, I do talk to myself, it is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and the only trait that separates the two is the amount of pay.

06 TRX
94 Kawi Bayou
91 Seadoo SP
91 Kawi TS

qt314nfla

I took my gps once and I left it alone.  When I came back it's batteries were splattered all over the ground and there were little chips of bark left at the crime scene.  Fortunately I had some of that orange tape so I could seal off the crime scene until the police could investigate.  Just as I had thought....they determined it was the forest.  It didn't get along w/ the gps and killed it.

Ok, sorry I had to follow scrub's lead.  GPS are a mandatory out there.  Don't ride there w/o one.  Cell phone service is crap because of the towers but GPS runs off of satelite and the forest doesn't affect it.  Haven't had any problems in any heavily wooded or over grown canapies.  I have a magellan meridian marine.

Chillinthemost

I have the Etrex legend and I dont go in the forest without it.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Chris505

I have the garmin 276c and i have logged some serious milage out there and coverd alot of ground.
I Mark every cross point at numbered roads. so that i can probably travel  from SR42 all the way up to rodman dam.. but i havent tried it yet (need a bigger gas tank :) )
So i would say they are a must..
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

Ida_Mann

got me a legend here,,,,never lost a signal out there even under heavy tree coverage.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Eruption

I have a Garmin Vista C and I keep it in my camelbac pocket without losing signal.

POLARIS 330

I HAVE GREAT LUCK WITH MY GPS OUT THEIR WOULDNT GO WITH OUT IT

bigscrub79

I would deffinately say dont leave home with out it, it is very easy to get turned around out there. Have never had a problem with reception.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

GSPKurt

Quote from: Chillinthemost on January 27, 2006, 02:44:16 AM
I have the Etrex legend and I dont go in the forest without it.

I've got the Vista. Same response.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Your custom content or HTML goes here