Protest: promised 640 acres in Collier Co. (head count) MARCH 11th!!!

Started by dudek38, January 23, 2006, 09:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lswjth2

I spoke today with Lt. Stamas of CCSO. I am waiting to hear from a couple of his deputies. I am also waiting to get the OK from facilities Management at Collier government. Here are the rules so far:

WE CANNOT BLOCK TRAFFIC IN ANYWAY, SHAPE, OR FORM.
COLLIER SHERRIFFS WILL NOT STOP TRAFFIC FOR US.
NOISE LAWS ARE IN EFFECT( NO TRAIN HORNS, ETC WHILE WE ARE MOVING)
WE CANNOT PUT UP ANY BANNERS ON ANY BUILDINGS,RIGHT OF WAY ETC. BANNERS ARE OK ON YOUR TRUCK, TRAILER ATV, ETC

I was thinking we should meet at the entrance to picayune forest, drive down immokkalee, down us 41 and end at the government center?

I would also like to see a "petition signature drive" asking the Governor to fire the director of the SFWMD...

I will pass along more info as i get it....Rick

MuddyGurl101

I know personally that SFWMD is not the only people (company) involved in this process. So, please don't go pointing fingers to just them, because alot of them are on our side.
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

lswjth2

The SWFMD might not be the only one's responsible, Nevertheless, the agreement for the 640 Acres was between them(Big Cypress Basin) and Collier County in exchange for the county giving up the rights to the road in the state forest. I have been going into Big Cypress since 1980 and I have been there on a Friday before opening day of General Gun Season and it was bone dry. I show up Saturday and I have water up to my waist.Interesting... Also When I used to live in Miami,we had a real bad storm go by and they did not open up the flood gates, consequently flooding out sweetwater. Ask around....If you want a copy of the agreement, Please E-MAIL me at LSWJTH2@yahoo.com....I dont know if you went to the meeting that our commissioner Jim Colletta put together when all this happened. They were their and  they cowered and hid behind the "Water Resource Advisory Commission" They calimed that ATV/ORV use was not a "Compatible use"

Want to take a guess under what umbrella that "Advisory commission" comes under??? I"m not saying that EVERYONE that works for that entity is BAD/ANTI OUTDOORSMAN, But that entity sure seems to put a bunch of road blocks for people like us.....Rick

enniehall

Anybody know where Lisa went to?  She seemed to have alot of information on this stuff and was always well spoken.  I haven't seen a post by her in a couple of months though anyone know her perrsonally? 
Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.

Toomey

A ton of excellent work is going on here.  If someone has GoogleEarth, they can pull up a small map of downtown Naples so we can see how it's all layed out, and what are good areas for parking.  I wouldn't know where to look on the map...  :-[
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Eworm

Quote from: lswjth2 on January 24, 2006, 12:02:23 PM
I spoke today with Lt. Stamas of CCSO. I am waiting to hear from a couple of his deputies. I am also waiting to get the OK from facilities Management at Collier government. Here are the rules so far:

WE CANNOT BLOCK TRAFFIC IN ANYWAY, SHAPE, OR FORM.
COLLIER SHERRIFFS WILL NOT STOP TRAFFIC FOR US.
NOISE LAWS ARE IN EFFECT( NO TRAIN HORNS, ETC WHILE WE ARE MOVING)
WE CANNOT PUT UP ANY BANNERS ON ANY BUILDINGS,RIGHT OF WAY ETC. BANNERS ARE OK ON YOUR TRUCK, TRAILER ATV, ETC

I was thinking we should meet at the entrance to picayune forest, drive down immokkalee, down us 41 and end at the government center?

I would also like to see a "petition signature drive" asking the Governor to fire the director of the SFWMD...

I will pass along more info as i get it....Rick

IMO if we follow these rules to the T it will take several protests to get anything done. However, if that is what we have to work with then be it. But on the other hand, I think we may be able to bend the rules bit in order to get our point across.

For Example:
Not stop traffic but go just below the speed limit and block both lanes going the speed limit. I dont see a problem with that.

For Example:
Contacting business owners who shared our same interest and asking them to put up banners. This should be ok as well.



Eworm

Quote from: MuddyGurl101 on January 24, 2006, 12:18:59 PM
I know personally that SFWMD is not the only people (company) involved in this process. So, please don't go pointing fingers to just them, because alot of them are on our side.

This is not a pointing finger match, or Giv. Bush or whatever. We want what we deserve, whoever is responsible, doesn't matter. We pay lots of money to have what we deserve. Give it to us now, we are giving everyone one more chance to gain our trust and do what is right and we demand.

Eworm

#32
LS: you have pm

DUDE: You 2

Eworm

Ok: here it is, this our chance. Seems like many people are excited and want to FINALLY do something!!!
We are trying to get an idea of the number of people that would attend an organized, LEGAL protest/ralley in Naples. Our plan is to start at the entrance of Picayune Forest and work our way to the government center. We can hang banners from our vehicles and travel at slow rate of speeds (5-10 MPH under the speed limit, blocking all lanes). Our goal is to demand a date for opening our entitled 640 acres. Ideally, it would be good to have this land in Picayune Forest (Squares) and they might just say take it! So please respond to this thread and let us know how many you can commit:

Worm and DJleo plus 30-50
lswjth2 plus 5
dudek38 plus 40
Mudweiser721 plus 5-7
Toomey plus 1
04250 plus 5
PLEDGER#76 plus 3
rancher350kid plus 3
96 warrior plus 3
z400stunter plus 5
Scrub borthers




We will probably meet at about 10AM, do the drive, ralley by the GOV center and then drive back to the entrance of PF and have a bar b que or something. We can load our bikes and make our banners but this would be a day solely for demonstrating. Of course you can go your own way afterwards and ride whereever you are riding today but please try and stay away from Collier if you plan on doing that.

Here are most of everyone that has had something to say. Here is your chance! Respond if you want action! Don't just sit there and pregnant dog and cry!!! RESPOND!!

STRENGTH IN ORGANIZED NUMBERS!

Thrumud
z400stunter
1fast250r
GregsRancher
oldmudslinger
EDT
vadkatherine
MiamiE
96 warrior
svtbolt04
enniehall
NaplesRaptor
ONEslowEXer
OffroadSS350

Mudweiser721


Toomey

I'll be able to come, me and my dad probably.  If not, I can hitch a ride with someone.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Eworm


rdm03z

new to the site, but live in naples. i live 2 block from the bridge on everglades, i see how many people i can get together!!! we definetly need to take a stand. just name the time
lead, follow, or get out the way

Eworm

Quote from: rdm03z on January 24, 2006, 05:05:36 PM
new to the site, but live in naples. i live 2 block from the bridge on everglades, i see how many people i can get together!!! we definetly need to take a stand. just name the time

possibly 10AM on a sat sometime in March. Let me know how many???

o4250

Quote from: Eworm on January 24, 2006, 05:07:07 PM
Quote from: rdm03z on January 24, 2006, 05:05:36 PM
new to the site, but live in naples. i live 2 block from the bridge on everglades, i see how many people i can get together!!! we definetly need to take a stand. just name the time

possibly 10AM on a sat sometime in March. Let me know how many???

Just make sure to not do it on the 17th 18th, thats l-cross. The majority of Naples attends these events lol ;D

Eworm

Quote from: o4250 on January 24, 2006, 05:12:00 PM
Quote from: Eworm on January 24, 2006, 05:07:07 PM
Quote from: rdm03z on January 24, 2006, 05:05:36 PM
new to the site, but live in naples. i live 2 block from the bridge on everglades, i see how many people i can get together!!! we definetly need to take a stand. just name the time

possibly 10AM on a sat sometime in March. Let me know how many???

Just make sure to not do it on the 17th 18th, thats l-cross. The majority of Naples attends these events lol ;D

So does this mean you are participitating and if so, how many? We will not do it on that weekend!

Eworm

Keep in mind people, this is just the begining. When this works, we will start on Ocala and other areas!!!  Even if you are not near the area your presense will make a difference for the entire state.

o4250

Quote from: Eworm on January 24, 2006, 05:15:58 PM
Quote from: o4250 on January 24, 2006, 05:12:00 PM
Quote from: Eworm on January 24, 2006, 05:07:07 PM
Quote from: rdm03z on January 24, 2006, 05:05:36 PM
new to the site, but live in naples. i live 2 block from the bridge on everglades, i see how many people i can get together!!! we definetly need to take a stand. just name the time

possibly 10AM on a sat sometime in March. Let me know how many???

Just make sure to not do it on the 17th 18th, thats l-cross. The majority of Naples attends these events lol ;D

So does this mean you are participitating and if so, how many? We will not do it on that weekend!

Well, of course. The bridge is probaly 10 min from my house. How many? Well lets just once I get the word out all the locals will go. Just about everybody I know has been to the previous rallys, and regulary visited badluck. Also, CNR will be sometime in march Not sure when though, so thats another thing you need to watch out for. 8)

Eworm

Quote from: o4250 on January 24, 2006, 05:49:05 PM
Quote from: Eworm on January 24, 2006, 05:15:58 PM
Quote from: o4250 on January 24, 2006, 05:12:00 PM
Quote from: Eworm on January 24, 2006, 05:07:07 PM
Quote from: rdm03z on January 24, 2006, 05:05:36 PM
new to the site, but live in naples. i live 2 block from the bridge on everglades, i see how many people i can get together!!! we definetly need to take a stand. just name the time

possibly 10AM on a sat sometime in March. Let me know how many???

Just make sure to not do it on the 17th 18th, thats l-cross. The majority of Naples attends these events lol ;D

So does this mean you are participitating and if so, how many? We will not do it on that weekend!

Well, of course. The bridge is probaly 10 min from my house. How many? Well lets just once I get the word out all the locals will go. Just about everybody I know has been to the previous rallys, and regulary visited badluck. Also, CNR will be sometime in march Not sure when though, so thats another thing you need to watch out for. 8)

Please provide us with dates so we can plan accordingly. Also, please make sure your local buddies are down with the plan. We will be handing out flyers at the meeting spot with the agenda and goals so everyone is on the same page. As well, we will have new stations out there. What we want is for everyone to respond in the same fashion if they are asked.

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

dudek38

modified z400

PLEDGER#76

Let me know the date, I will be there for sure!!!! and some of my buddys still in the armed forces are getting leave time in febuary and making there way down here, hope it is around that time as in that is when they get there much needed time off and yes I am A PROUD INFEDEL!!!!!!! >:D
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

nena

Count me in!!! this has to planned wisely..we dont want to be seen as troublemakers....I was reading the info on protesting and we have every right to protest but we have to be aware of the laws!!!!!If there is anything I can do just let me know and we'll start the research!!!!  :P
[url="http://img229.exs.cx/img229/8333/528.jpg"]http://img229.exs.cx/img229/8333/528.jpg[/url]

www.atvmiaxtreme.com

nena

[url="http://img229.exs.cx/img229/8333/528.jpg"]http://img229.exs.cx/img229/8333/528.jpg[/url]

www.atvmiaxtreme.com

rubicon500kid

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com