How do I say this without being too controversial?

Started by Pastense, January 21, 2006, 05:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoknbanshee

Couple points to this thread.  government officials are all sponsored by organizations that donate millions of dollars every year.  these government officials are going to vote how their sponsors would request for them to vote.  another note, government officials will give a little here and take a little there.  the thing that this state is most focused on right now is the free trade agreement with south america, because the citrus industry is the # 1 leading industry and brings tons of money to florida each year.  president wants free trade, governor doesn't want free trade, because brazilians would flood the citrus industry.  I know, because i work for a Florida grower owned citrus company called "Florida's Natural".  I am not saying that I have given up on keeping public areas kept open, but unless we are flashing money in front of the governing officials faces, we are basically pissing in the wind.  I appreciate everyone that has fought and continues fighting for public access land, but i feel we are fighting a losing battle.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Pastense on January 23, 2006, 10:33:57 PM
the government is not some mass evil empire bent on world domination so that it may destroy us all in some bleak future where the morlocks have to gobble a few of us up every once in a while. 

LIAR! yes they are. ive seen them gobble up a few(actually alot)
COMMIE BASTARDS! ;D


gery350

Prairie Master

I'll be heading to the meeting in May, still think we should make atvflorida into 4 chapters  west,east, central, and southern, all governed from the same bi laws  and a have reps from each chapter attend the meeting in may
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

bigbirdh

i think we should send some to rep. for sure i would help any way possible good luck trying to prove a point. but on the other hand i hope you are very successful ::)

needforspeed

If we are going to do this and send 4 people to the forum in May, I believe registration is open in February, and I think they are accomadating 100 people, I am not for sure about the people, but I am for sure about registration in February. Check the website..

I also think that maybe we should get organized, to have a voice in the future. The forest system is a done deal... and you really don't want my opinions on it.

Quote from: Prairie Master on January 24, 2006, 01:44:45 AM
I'll be heading to the meeting in May, still think we should make atvflorida into 4 chapters  west,east, central, and southern, all governed from the same bi laws  and a have reps from each chapter attend the meeting in may