QUAD WARS

Started by stump66, January 22, 2005, 09:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stump66

Does anyone know if there are any locals that ride in the Quad Wars event at the Monster Truck show in Tampa? It was a pretty good show, my kids always have a blast. The rain started coming down right at the best part though so the freestyle was a bit of a slippin soggy let down. Almost all the truck rolled after a few seconds. Anyone go or know about the riders there??
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

MoToXgUrL07

I was there, soaked, lol well me and my cousin went. There is a couple guys from the site that is on team tampa...but not for sure of names....
.....o ᄚ o O ᄎ TaMmI LeE ᄎ O o ᄚ o....
who said cheerleaders cant ride.....haha

Hoosier Daddy

I was supposed to ride but never recieved  a 2nd phone call with all the details... :-/
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

TRX450R_Racer

I rode in the show last night.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

LostCause

The show was a blast.  Had to fix my quad after the practice.  Bent my upper A-arm and tie-rod.  Great guys in the pits. We got it so that I gould ride.

What a rush coming out to 70 thousand people.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

stump66

I saw the crack up you got into. Were you the one then went upside down or the other guy. I was sitting above where you drove through back to the pits. The show was great. The "NY" team capt was the same big mouth from last year. Its all part of the show for the crowd. Too bad y'all didn't get out there after the rain huh? would have been a blast.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

TRX450R_Racer

That wasn't me that wrecked. It was #65 on the YZF with ATP graphics. I forgot his name. I am bad with names. He spun out and got hit by someone on a 250R. The 250R t-boned him, flipped and broke the a-arm on #65. The big mouth captain is Randy Dinkins. He runs the show and is president of the National Quad Racing Association
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

dreth

WHAT IS THIS "QUAD WARS "?

stump66

QUAD WARS is an event that they do between heats at the Monster Truck Events. IE The Super bowl of Motorsports, "Monster Jam",last night in Tampa. They get the crowd going telling them there is a local team of riders vs a group of riders from NY. Then there is some drama and WWE antics and some yelling. It is entertaining for the crowd and get everybody rowled up. There is another one I think in the next couple weeks in Orlando and miami. Take the kids or go just for fun. They also get local guys to take street cars and run them in a compitition around the track and then some mx freestyle on 2 wheelers.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

LostCause

I was # 65.  The guy that got hit.  It's all good.  No one got hurt.  The upper A-arm was bent about 2 inches.  Didn't notice untill the first moto that it also got pushed backward, therefore I had no left front suspension.  Didn't need much on that track.
Let me tell you this the track was VERY hard packed.  I had too much air in practice that is why I got sideways.  I ran 2 lbs after that.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

MoToXgUrL07

you guys did great, it was a lot of fun to watch :)
.....o ᄚ o O ᄎ TaMmI LeE ᄎ O o ᄚ o....
who said cheerleaders cant ride.....haha

TRX450R_Racer

Thank You we had a lot of fun also.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

budman

anyone in here going to be running in the Miami show? I'll tip my "bud" to ya if you do...  ;D
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

PitDad

Frank, Brett, and all the other guys:

I enjoyed the show with you guys. Thanks for putting on such a good performance. I have been doing the shows for four years now and think this last show had some of the best riders of any. I had to ride hard to stay up. Frank has really done a great job with the shows. You all rode great. Sorry about the crash Brett. Ricky felt bad for not being able to stop when you went around. It was a very hard pack track and I could see it was easy to go around. I was sideways on the gas in the corners and loving it. I only wish I could get more riders in the shows. I have many more guys wanting to ride than I have spots to fill. Miami is filled as well as Orlando. I know it is a slap in the face of a real racer but it's a ball and it entertaines the kids. The good riders make it look like they are riding to the best of their ability, the rest of us are. The best part is they have to wait up for us. Thanks again for the fun, see you next year (some next week), Jeff
50 is not too old to act like a kid.

Hollywood

Anyone know how I can find out if they are doing quad wars at the Jax show on Feb 25th?
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

PitDad

We are doing a show in Jax the 25th. I will probably drive up there. I've never been to the Jax stadium.
50 is not too old to act like a kid.

Hollywood

Who do I need to talk to about rding in the show?
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

PitDad

I'm pretty sure Randy already has all the riders lined up but I will see him this weekend in Orlando and ask. I don't line up the riders for Jacksonville. Drop me a e-mail with your phone number and I will call you next week. PitDad@bellsouth.net
50 is not too old to act like a kid.

erbilabuc

I rode last year, if you want to ride you have to recommended like 2-3 months in advanced. I met Randy in North Carolina(were we lived) and he told me about it and asked me. Liv2ride was there but didnt ride and even though its a "show", it can and almost always gets serious. Last year 3 guys went to the hospital, 1 broken wrist, 1 reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly nasty cut down the left calf and another sprained back and there was Mr P from this site that had a bike land on top of him.

Thug Nasty
1 good thing about being bull-legged is you never need a belt.

Hollywood

QuoteI'm pretty sure Randy already has all the riders lined up but I will see him this weekend in Orlando and ask. I don't line up the riders for Jacksonville. Drop me a e-mail with your phone number and I will call you next week. PitDad@bellsouth.net

Thanks. email sent
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

kawGIRL

Hey Pitdad, Glad you found the site, this is Jeff from ocean trail 300, Kawgirl is my wife.

Have Fun !! Jeff
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com