GPS Mount

Started by FishaHallic, January 21, 2006, 04:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishaHallic

I need a GPS mount for my Raptor and was wondering what you guys use.  I went to the archives and saw something on the Ram mount.  When I went to the link it looks like you need to order 4 different pieces to make it work and it was soooo confusing I figured I would ask you guys what you guys use.  Thanks for the replies   :)

stacktester

Hey Hallic,

I got one for my Garmin on Ebay. I typed in atv gps mount or similar. One part stays mounted around handle bar and one part cradles GPS and secures it to the opposite piece. Look on Ebay for your brand. Somebody should have it.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

2 rut

look a little deeper in that ram site i almost gave up but then found the kits and i must say well worth it
98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage

kfx400rob

http://www.imsproducts.com/index2new.html  idk if that helps or not...
my dad got one for his gecko on ebay
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

Moose

#4
Look here to find the one you need. Take that model number and look around for best price. ebay, 4x4books.com, or gpscity. Good luck.

http://www.ram-mount.com/gps_mounts/tomtom_gps_mount_rider_309.htm
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

backinsaddle

I have a touretech mount, and personally I think it's the best mount available:

you can find it at: http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/gps_mounts.html

NPRVinson

I got my Ram Mount at Freshtracksmaps.com for a GPS 76, all the parts came together and it was like $40. Very happy with it.

themensh

  Hey, Fish.
    Did you ever find a GPS mount?
  On my quad, I use a garmin 2720 (not the best for finding you way TO somewhere offroad....OK for getting BACK though).
  I use a RAM mount on mine.......holds up pretty sturdy.
   Since I use my GPS on a motorcycle, and in my F-150.........I used the same base for my quad, except I bought a handlebar mount.
  Good luck, and welcome to this site.

            chuck 'roast

FishaHallic

Actually the mount was not for me.  My friend has an 04 Raptor 660 (mine is an 05  ;)) and he picked up a new gps.  For whatever reason he has not signed up on this board so I posted for him.  I showed him the RAM mount on the site and he really didn't like it.  He doesn't think we'll use it too much so I quess I'll just carry it in my cooler and pull it out as needed.  Thanks for the help  :)

NPRVinson

If you trail ride ONF much you will use it more than you think. In my opinion I know most parts of ONF pretty good and still get turned around and the last thing you want is your GPS bouncing around in your cooler and then not working when you do decide you need it. Purchasing a mount whatever type is a good investment.

FishaHallic

I'm leaning toward purchasing the mount for my bike ( he does not like how they look on his bike   :'() and if we go to Ocala I'll just operate the GPS myself.  I think it's a Cobra so I need to look at it to see what size mount it needs.

scrambledeggs

I have a ram mount made for a Garmin etrex legend and it is great.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com