Kawasaki Bayou 220 wont start

Started by wjftsf, January 18, 2006, 10:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjftsf

My 99 Bayou wouldnt start some time back and the solenoid and safety switch were changed. No problems for several months. Now, the neutral light comes on but it wont turn over. I can jump the solenoid and it turns over, but nothing happens. Does'nt seem to have any fire.. I'm thinking C.D.I.....any thoughts?

96 warrior

Quote from: wjftsf on January 18, 2006, 10:13:26 PM
My 99 Bayou wouldnt start some time back and the solenoid and safety switch were changed. No problems for several months. Now, the neutral light comes on but it wont turn over. I can jump the solenoid and it turns over, but nothing happens. Does'nt seem to have any fire.. I'm thinking C.D.I.....any thoughts?

for that part, gas on and going to the engine, sparkplug good. try the simple stuff first
96 (and a 98) warrior

MuddFreak77

Also make sure the air filter is free flowing and not plugged up.

Freakk
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

svtbolt04

I had a 220 do that to me like 5 years ago. Check the ground wires. They get ripped off easy from alot of riding.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

wjftsf

Thanks for the replys! I had some time today to mess with it. With the key on, the lights would'nt come on either. I started jiggling the wires at the switch where they go in to the starter/kill/lights switch and they came on. I either have a bad connection in the switch on the handlebars or somewhere in the wiring to the connector.  Now, just gotta look to see if I can find another handlebar switch...anyone know where I can find one? (nothing on E-bay)

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com