Groomed Croom vs. Ungroomed Croom

Started by UncleRico, January 16, 2006, 08:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleRico

This is from another thread regarding the potential rise in price at Croom...


I contend that they should do a better job of manicuring croom and flatten out some of the areas, however the argument I keep hearing is that they don't groom it to keep speeds down. (as if to suggest that's safer)


However, I feel that it's safer to have a groomed trail with one way directional travel rather than whooped out, unmanicured, free for all riding.

I think it would be really inexpensive to run a grader down the outside boundary near the back fence, and make a loop around the perimeter which would be all one way.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I just don't buy that the whooped out trails are safer than manicured trails.


UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

otto

I agree. I think they should make all of the major trails one-way and grade them regularly. I was there on Sunday and had two near misses with other riders. Opening more riding areas would ease the crowding and reduce the frequency of collisions but I am preaching to the choir.
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

FloridaATVs-com

no way you could enforce it..... who is going to stop you from going the wrong way? a traffic cop out there? i don't think so....

if they just leveled the main paths, that would help alot... if they set specific areas for experience levels, that would be even better....
[url="//www.floridaatvs.com"]www.floridaatvs.com[/url]
www.TRXForums.com

1FasterBlaster

I think it would be a good idea if they flattenned out alot of the area's. Groomed or flattenned, the level of danger will always be the same. Also, why they have the area in the back closed off to riders is stupid.They know more and more people are riding there...open up some space!!!

jocolo

Well they were keeping track of how many people where there this sunday 500+ atv and bikes by the time I rolled in my UHAUL  ;D ;D trailer around 12 noon, if they flatened the trails they will just get whooped out again in a short time because the type of terrain,

Dr.Dirt

#6
Quote from: FloridaATVs-com on January 16, 2006, 11:21:31 PM
no way you could enforce it..... who is going to stop you from going the wrong way? a traffic cop out there? i don't think so....

if they just leveled the main paths, that would help alot... if they set specific areas for experience levels, that would be even better....

I gotta disagree, I think that if there were one way paths most people would stay going that one way and most people would not be stupid enough to go head on towards the majority of people going the oppisite way. You would have to be really stupid to openly challange a vehicle heading at you from the other direction. I am sure that someone would do it, but not the many people would, common sense will prevail here.  I think the postives of one way trails out-weigh the negitives by a longshot.

qt314nfla

Quote from: Dr.Dirt on January 19, 2006, 12:45:19 AM
I gotta disagree, I think that if there were one way paths most people would stay going that one way and most people would not be stupid enough to go head on towards the majority of people going the oppisite way. You would have to be really stupid to openly challange a vehicle heading at you from the other direction. I am sure that someone would do it, but not the many people would, common sense will prevail here.  I think the postives of one way trails out-weigh the negitives by a longshot.

Very well put and well written.  Most states that have one way trails have prevailed and they are followed.

apkkfx400

Quote from: QT314Nfla on January 19, 2006, 12:51:54 AM
Quote from: Dr.Dirt on January 19, 2006, 12:45:19 AM
I gotta disagree, I think that if there were one way paths most people would stay going that one way and most people would not be stupid enough to go head on towards the majority of people going the oppisite way. You would have to be really stupid to openly challange a vehicle heading at you from the other direction. I am sure that someone would do it, but not the many people would, common sense will prevail here.  I think the postives of one way trails out-weigh the negitives by a longshot.

Very well put and well written.  Most states that have one way trails have prevailed and they are followed.

I have to agree with QT and Dr.-No trail officials would need to enforce common sense.  Don't think a one-way trail system will be happening at Croom anytime soon, but if it does I would be willing to pay more to ride there.  Until then, I'll be at Ocala, Hardrock and hopefully checking out Sandmountain real soon!!

Mark

MuddFreak77

As far as trail Officials/Masters they would have to be us the riders.  If we show that we are responsible, we might stop getting all of this bad press.  At least once a week I read the paper and they are saying something negative about ATV riders.

Just my .01 worth cause giving .02 would leave me broke   ;D

Freakk
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

wheelie_boy

Quote from: apkkfx400 on January 19, 2006, 08:27:40 AM
Quote from: QT314Nfla on January 19, 2006, 12:51:54 AM
Quote from: Dr.Dirt on January 19, 2006, 12:45:19 AM
I gotta disagree, I think that if there were one way paths most people would stay going that one way and most people would not be stupid enough to go head on towards the majority of people going the oppisite way. You would have to be really stupid to openly challange a vehicle heading at you from the other direction. I am sure that someone would do it, but not the many people would, common sense will prevail here.  I think the postives of one way trails out-weigh the negitives by a longshot.

Very well put and well written.  Most states that have one way trails have prevailed and they are followed.

I have to agree with QT and Dr.-No trail officials would need to enforce common sense.  Don't think a one-way trail system will be happening at Croom anytime soon, but if it does I would be willing to pay more to ride there.  Until then, I'll be at Ocala, Hardrock and hopefully checking out Sandmountain real soon!!

Mark

i totally agree and it works just fine a durhamtown plantation. 
05 kx 250f

DZ 350

forget about it leave croom natrual and just ride and think of the woops like challenges or obsticles. ;)
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

Eworm

Quote from: wheelie_boy on January 19, 2006, 03:17:53 PM
Quote from: apkkfx400 on January 19, 2006, 08:27:40 AM
Quote from: QT314Nfla on January 19, 2006, 12:51:54 AM
Quote from: Dr.Dirt on January 19, 2006, 12:45:19 AM
I gotta disagree, I think that if there were one way paths most people would stay going that one way and most people would not be stupid enough to go head on towards the majority of people going the oppisite way. You would have to be really stupid to openly challange a vehicle heading at you from the other direction. I am sure that someone would do it, but not the many people would, common sense will prevail here.  I think the postives of one way trails out-weigh the negitives by a longshot.

Very well put and well written.  Most states that have one way trails have prevailed and they are followed.

I have to agree with QT and Dr.-No trail officials would need to enforce common sense.  Don't think a one-way trail system will be happening at Croom anytime soon, but if it does I would be willing to pay more to ride there.  Until then, I'll be at Ocala, Hardrock and hopefully checking out Sandmountain real soon!!

Mark

i totally agree and it works just fine a durhamtown plantation. 

Yep same here. Just follow the arrows if you dont wanna get slammed, pretty simple in my book. Leave them or take them out, I don't really care.

2006YFZ450

It's a good idea but would you think they care(Croom)?? Really??
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

LostSurf

New to this site. I live in Baltimore Maryland. I went to croom 2 weeks ago i had the time of my life. Id take the whoops and sand over mud and big rocks (east coast) any day.

P.S i diddnt notice the whoops hovering over them in 4th gear on my rappy 8)


flbansheeboy

why have groomed trails at croom, if want  smooth trails, get a golf cart and go to the golf course and ride on flat ground.

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: flbansheeboy on January 20, 2006, 01:44:43 PM
why have groomed trails at croom, if want  smooth trails, get a golf cart and go to the golf course and ride on flat ground.

No.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com