yfz450 problem plz help

Started by L.E._YFZ_2005, January 15, 2005, 01:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.E._YFZ_2005

ok i jetted the bike i threw in a 45 p and a 175 main jet i took out the toher  screw thing in there relized it wasnt the pilot and put it back and now when i start it  i gotta pump gas for a while it will kick on and run for bout 2 sec and jsut die what did i screw up?
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

big-daddy

Quoteok i jetted the bike i threw in a 45 p and a 175 main jet i took out the toher  screw thing in there relized it wasnt the pilot and put it back and now when i start it  i gotta pump gas for a while it will kick on and run for bout 2 sec and jsut die what did i screw up?
what part was that
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

scrimmy

did you add an exhaust or do some kind of mod to rejet the carb?

YFZ450-Tampa

Looks like is runing out of gas, baybe the float is not working properly, you have to be careful when you put it back, make sure the neddle that goes with the float is set properly and make sure the float is in the right place, this is probably your problem, and after you check this out, you may have to play with the air mixer screw to make it run better, I have mine 2 1/2 turns out and have 50 - 175 jets it runs great, but I'll try 48 - 172 I just want to make sure I'm not running to rich.
Hope this help !!!
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Chuck_Norris

#4
QuoteLooks like is runing out of gas, baybe the float is not working properly, you have to be careful when you put it back, make sure the neddle that goes with the float is set properly and make sure the float is in the right place, this is probably your problem, and after you check this out, you may have to play with the air mixer screw to make it run better, I have mine 2 1/2 turns out and have 50 - 175 jets it runs great, but I'll try 48 - 172 I just want to make sure I'm not running to rich.
Hope this help !!!
If this helps I am running the JET4POWER setup on my YFZ wit the 48 pilot,YZ NEEDLE on 4th clip and a 178 main 1.5 turns out on the air screw. I am Green all the way. http://www.jet4power.com/

Chuck_Norris

Quoteok i jetted the bike i threw in a 45 p and a 175 main jet i took out the toher  screw thing in there relized it wasnt the pilot and put it back and now when i start it  i gotta pump gas for a while it will kick on and run for bout 2 sec and jsut die what did i screw up?
the other thinging you unscrewed may have been the start jet for the Choke, will it run with the Choke on? make certain that you have no leaks getting into the carb I chased my tail for a week and realized that the air horn was turn a 1/4 of and inch and was letting air by. turn you idle screw up a tad. big black knob on the outside of the carb.

J.D.

I have the same set up as Chuck, but a 180 instead of 178 . Sounds like we are in the right neighborhood .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

L.E._YFZ_2005

we got it fixed atp threw a 165 main in it and it runs beautifully
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

Chuck_Norris


J.D.

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

YFZ450-Tampa

hey check your spark plug, make sure is not running lean, this will over heat your bike and could cause some problems on a long run...
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

atvtrailer

gotahemi2004 alrdy got it fixed, atp fixed it up at rodman  ;)
05 450r #13B