ATV Riders, Officers Rescued After Getting Lost In Woods

Started by Southern4x4, January 16, 2006, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern4x4

Police say they received a call regarding a group riding all-terrain vehicles who got lost in a wooded area in southwest Miami-Dade County near Southwest 56th Street and 162nd Avenue.

Two Miami-Dade officers went looking for the victims but ended up getting lost themselves.

A police helicopter and another chopper eventually located all three riders and the two officers.

"I was getting scared. I thought we were never going to get out," ATV rider Jorge Canela said. "It was getting really dark and I couldn't see. There are a lot of trees out there."

"This easily could have turned into tragedy if we were not able to locate the victims and they spent the night out there, even under these conditions when it doesn't seem that cold," Battalion Chief David Woods said.

All five who were rescued are expected to be OK.


anyone know who this happend to
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

svtbolt04

A bunch of idiots I would say. Also, one night would kill them? Wow, unless they were under the age of 5 I couldnt see how it would have been "life threating" .
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Southern4x4 on January 16, 2006, 04:41:04 PM
Police say they received a call regarding a group riding all-terrain vehicles who got lost in a wooded area in southwest Miami-Dade County near Southwest 56th Street and 162nd Avenue.

Two Miami-Dade officers went looking for the victims but ended up getting lost themselves.

A police helicopter and another chopper eventually located all three riders and the two officers.

"I was getting scared. I thought we were never going to get out," ATV rider Jorge Canela said. "It was getting really dark and I couldn't see. There are a lot of trees out there."

"This easily could have turned into tragedy if we were not able to locate the victims and they spent the night out there, even under these conditions when it doesn't seem that cold," Battalion Chief David Woods said.

All five who were rescued are expected to be OK.


anyone know who this happend to

Yeah, it was Jorge Canela.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Moose

They act like everyone is either 2 or 102.

Remember, they are trying to sell the story.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Pastense

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Southern4x4

my dad says it happend right down the road form my moms work(publix)
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Brutus750i

I did not think it was possible for one to get lost in the woods anywhere in Miami-dade county. 

i also think the fire dept was grandstanding for the media....to cover up the same mistakes the first to riders did.    both parties were not prepared... Just jumped on the ATV and took off.

seems the chopper should have be utililzed in the first place.


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com