So is the Sea World area really closed down??

Started by YFZRob, January 14, 2006, 07:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YFZRob

Last time I was out there which was around September, there were about 10 punks riding around the fenced off areas, getting in from a section of chain link fence that was cut back.  Last posts I saw from a few weeks ago said they closed it now because of this????  I'm getting pretty damn sick and tired of irresponsible MORONS being the cause of these areas getting shut down.  I would hope that no one on ATV Florida would be brainless enough to do something like that?  I know a year or more ago when the officer was hit by a tourist on I-drive after stopping to help what he thought was a truck stuck off the side of the road there, the place was shut down for a while.....but then they stopped citing people and it just opened back up.  Hopefully this will happen again since it's such a nice easy place to go for us Orlando folks.

Anyway, has anyone been out there recently??
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

UncleRico

I haven't been out there recently, nor have I heard that it was closed to riders.

One of my pet peeves though, is riders who can't obey the posted rules.

It ruins it for the rest of us.

My biggest pet peeve is when it's a posted speed limit like in a parking area or a camp ground, and you see some jackazz just completely ignoring the rules.

Is it just ignorance, or what?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

superstar

According to the popos, anyone caught on property, will be arrested due to trespassing and bike or vehicle will be impounded. Heard it with my own ears, last weekend. Planning to ride a lil bit saturday and before we even got the bikes unloaded, heres johnny. Needless to say we made other arrangements for our afternoon. Lil lady wouldnt have been too happy about having to post bail.

johnyfz450

About 2 months ago the cops were still there giving trespassing tickets.They said its because there sick of fixing the grass in the fence.That sucks the sand there is deep in some places but it is a close place to ride.I would give it anothjer month or so and try.I will probably try this weekend coming up and let you know.

sct450

i heard the same thing as superstar.if you don't mind a little jail time.then you're more then welcome to go out to sea world.
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

apkkfx400

#5
I've been hearing this rumor to be true-sad but true.  It is a close and descent riding spot.  I guess there have been an increase in people getting air-lifted out of there from sustained injuries and then probably the other reason from people riding in areas out there they shouldn't be-I imagine the fenced in areas where people get in from where somebody ripped the fence down.  I'm sure the local officials are getting sick of the calls from injuries and the damage being done to the property inside the fence.

Mark

fl750mudder

Can anybody confirm this? I was out there on Sunday the 8th and did not have any problems. We were surprised at how few peolpe were out there though.

2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

Crashking

Quote from: fl750mudder on January 17, 2006, 10:25:55 PM
Can anybody confirm this? I was out there on Sunday the 8th and did not have any problems. We were surprised at how few peolpe were out there though.



i believe they are cracking down on it now...


i was out that way with a car club(about 1~3 am) (uuhhh... we weren't doing anything... ;) ) and there were cops going in every kind of direction imaginable... when we found a spot in the road where it was pretty dead... a couple of guys drove by with a atv in tow (on a trailer) warning us of the cops... and we saw a quite a few people leavin with dirtbikes/atv's in the bed or on a trailer

fl750mudder

2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

apkkfx400

A couple of my friends went out there yesterday (Sunday) and had no problems.  They did say there was hardly anyone out there though and we have heard of people getting warnings for trespassing recently.

Mark

MICROPILOT

Yes guys is closed they do it every two or three years last time it was close because a cop died there it was hit by a car on the road when they where dealing with some bike problem.What they do know if the catch you they do fingerprints and take a photo of your ID just in case you go there again and then you will be in BIG trouble.  They even have cop in atv in there once in a wile. They got pissed because the people that own the private property fix the fence and two days later it was broken again. My friend talk to one of the cops and thats what he said , he said the county had no problem for riders going to seaworld but because some stupid mother $#&$#^%$&$ we have to suffer. :'(

fl750mudder

Why are people cutting fences? You can go right in without going through a gate or anything?
2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

MICROPILOT

Yes but since they are so many whoops they want to go to the private area witch is fence all around and they airlifted somebody from there not to long ago.so the county and the owners of the fence area got pissed so now the county wont let anybody ride at seaworld not even on the open areas.

warrior123

sea world is shut down for good. so they say.. the county supposedly bought it out. the reasons it is now closed is due to the morons who keep bringing there cars out and burning them. i have been going out there for 10+ years. they sometimes close it down a couple of weeks then people meander there way back in and when it gets big a lot of teenagers go out there get drunk and stupid burn vehicles, shoot guns, break down fences. the fenced in area has also played a major role in this closure. people break the gates open and then ride in there and someone gets hurt and trys to sue the county. i have a friend who is one of the sherriffs out there, this is all accurate information. so now thanks to the no-gooders, the rest of us have to drive at least an hour to have a place to ride.

knucklehead

warrior123 - I second that since I also have been riding there with my kids and now have the proof in my hands that they really closed it . well I guess we are off looking for a new place again .....thanks for the confirmation i was hoping for a different outcome .
85 lt250r quadracer

03 z400 with mods

Im not fat Im squeezable

fl750mudder

I drove by there today and did not see the first sign saying "no trespassing" or any other sign that would mean it was closed.
2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

jcdiaz

WHAT ABOUT THE AREA IN INTERNATIONAL DR NEAR 417

YFZRob

Quote from: jcdiaz on February 12, 2006, 05:10:42 PM
WHAT ABOUT THE AREA IN INTERNATIONAL DR NEAR 417

That is the "sea world" area.  It's called the sea world riding spot because that's the closest major land mark to it.  The area is the north east corner of I-drive and 417, which spans a good 3-4 miles down I-Drive.
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com