Official Ocala Nat'l. Forest Decision Announced

Started by GSPKurt, January 12, 2006, 11:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shackles

Quote from: hondaxrl on January 15, 2006, 12:47:00 AM
Quote from: shackles on January 15, 2006, 12:38:52 AM
Hey, you were right after all.  I called the ranger district this morning and the ranger said the trails will be "non-directional", not one directional- meaning 2 way traffic.  Sorry 'bout that- I sure don't want to spread the wrong info.

shackles - is this a test of truth, you don't believe an OHV Volunteer, how dare you...

Not at all- I trust you emphatically!!   You rock!!!! I just put out some misinformation the other day and I was just trying to correct my error and pull my foot out of my mouth (which is hard bceause it loves to live there).

Ida_Mann

Quote from: jjamesbar on January 13, 2006, 09:03:40 PM
i say we have a large group ride to check out the new trail system, that is if the trails have been dewhooped. lets flood the trail with riders.

jeff

absolutely,,,I'm game, and with that few miles on the trails, I can do it on one tank of gas.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

I'm so mad about the whole thing that I would have to delete my own posts after making them.

if the trails are going to be well groomed, then great.

if the trails are going to be one way, then even better.

if the trails are eventually going to go close by the neighborhoods where people have been riding out of their yards for decades,,,,absofreakinglutely great.

but I doubt that any of the three will be.

ID@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jjamesbar

i dont like the idea of the trail system, but its coming and nothing will stop it. so we might as well embrace it and when the forest guys see how crowded it is then maybe they will start planning to expand it.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

GSPKurt

Quote from: jjamesbar on January 15, 2006, 11:19:13 AM
i dont like the idea of the trail system, but its coming and nothing will stop it. so we might as well embrace it and when the forest guys see how crowded it is then maybe they will start planning to expand it.

jeff



:R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R
                                    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

Quote from: shackles on January 14, 2006, 12:05:10 AM
One of the things that stinks is that apparently only Rodman pit will be open-no other pits- and it already gets nuts in there. 

Rodman Pit is the ONLY legal pit to ride in anywhere in ONF.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

Quote from: Shorgasm on January 14, 2006, 07:30:47 PM
Plus, how much money do you think the Florida is gonna pump into this...Cops an such are expensive as is the upkeep and maintence of the trail "system"....

Can you say revenue funding? From guys who go off-trail and say "Catch me if you can?"
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

jjamesbar

one more comment on this, hatfield- mccoy is a trail system and ive only heard good things about it. while ocala cant match its scenery or terrain it still can be a great place to ride. when they expand the system it wont be so bad. it will be a rough start though, and our best option for this part of the state.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Scramdaddy

This trail system, due to be done in August? Are we allowed to ride as we have been till it's completion. Or rather as per the new forest map till Aug.? Also I can only imagine the amount of "runner's" who will disreguard the new limitation's and ride as they have for years. I will try the best I can to go out there as much as possible before the trail system is in. I hope this turns out good and we expand from there. Two way trail's are gonna be a bit dangerous for the little ones, with the three baller WFO club blazing around every corner. If we start killing eachother due to overcrouding that would suck.  I suggest we group ride like every weekend on some scale before the time to do so is gone. There's is plenty of forest I have yet to see and some I will miiss in the future.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

NPRVinson

Quote from: jjamesbar on January 16, 2006, 12:28:04 PM
one more comment on this, hatfield- mccoy is a trail system and ive only heard good things about it. while ocala cant match its scenery or terrain it still can be a great place to ride. when they expand the system it wont be so bad. it will be a rough start though, and our best option for this part of the state.

jeff

I agree, give it a chance because it's going to happen. If all we do is b***h about it then what reason would they have to not shut it down completely. If everybody will follow the ''RULES'' maybe it will go the other direction and more trails will be open. We will have more of a chance if some responsibility and respect is shown. It's obvious that they will shut trails down if people continue to have the attitude that they can do and go where they what to and say the h3ll with the rangers. It's getting down to the last resource we have and personally I would rather have less than none. Yea it sucks but it can always be worse. Maybe it time for some constructive critisizm to ensure our riding area stays open no matter how many miles of trails it is.

jwscroll

I'm going ther this weekend(Big Scrub) and will be investigating the situation very closely. I will be videotaping any encounters with the Rangers for Public Record, I will also be actively searching for trail maps at the rangers station. I will also be asking the Rangers for written documentation of the new rules. All of this will hopefully give me a better understanding of the rules so as to abide by them to the best of my ability.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

needforspeed

you will find a map at the ranger station but not of the trail system. The only documentation on rules is the ones they have been handing out for years. Take a video camera on the rangers, they are probably not rangers but volunteers.

Gamer

Until the designated trails are completed it has to be dispearsed use.  How else are you going to know where to ride.  They've been trying to finish the designated trails in Big Cypress for a couple years now but are no where close to finishing it.  The same could happen in Ocala.  I just hope they don't put in the hard rock trails in Ocala like they are doing in Big Cypress.  It sucks.....

1FasterBlaster

All I can say is,"Look out for disaster!" I see people get airlifted out of Croom because it's whooped out and because it's a small area for too many riders. This does not look like a good thing to me. I was gonna buy a YFZ...not so sure now!!
  They don't maintain the forest anywhere that I know of. It won't be long until it's whooped out and dangerous too. I think everybody should really, come together, alert the media, and show up somewhere at the same time and rally for our rights!!
  I will be there as well as everyone I ride with.

  Chino(727)204-0883  Call me when your ready...actions speak louder than words!!

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

NPRVinson

Went to ONF yesterday and there were more trails closed and a pit we usually go to south of 40. Still got a 65 mile ride in. We didn't go north of 314 though so don't know what's going on in that area.

eric

Quote from: NPRVinson on January 22, 2006, 07:33:51 PM
Went to ONF yesterday and there were more trails closed and a pit we usually go to south of 40. Still got a 65 mile ride in. We didn't go north of 314 though so don't know what's going on in that area.

Thanks for the update