What is the switch located on the clutch lever assembly on 400ex?

Started by Pastense, January 12, 2006, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pastense

Anyone know the switch I'm referring too?
Located on the clutch lever assembly.
I'm replacing with a Magura, and I want to know if those wires should conected, open or if they interact in some manner with the lever that I will have to rig something for.
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

Ida_Mann

sounds like the nuetral switch, that would be the wire that tells the ignition that the clutch is pulled in and allows you to start the engine in gear.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jaxdawg

are you talking about the second wire that comes out of the clutch lever assembly

Pastense

Ida's right.

It's got to be the Neutral saftey switch.

I'll make another post to ask either how to by pass or how to incorporate to the Magura.


Thanks Ida.

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."