Three Lakes WMA trail ride - 01/14/06

Started by wilburz, December 13, 2005, 10:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilburz

Leave the time schedule at the office 14vision.

My brother and I plan on getting there around 8ish and set up some kinda camp. I would like all who plan to ride to be there by 9 so we can get going. We plan on camping Saturday night and heading home before noon on Sunday. 

4 more days!
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

GSPKurt

OK, I'm in for sure. Chuck, did you get my message last night on your cell? Where, again, is the rendezvous point?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

wilburz

Figure we can meet at the camping area.  Turn left off 441, if you are going north from yeehaw junction, into 3 lakes area. There is a sign on the right side of the road. go down about 100 yards or so and turn right into the camping area. we should be there on your left. 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

GSPKurt

I'll be there by 9AM. Is there cell service in the area?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

wilburz

I think so. There is a store not to far down the road with a payphone too.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

GSPKurt

I talked to Chuck a little while ago. He is a go as well.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

The GPS Coordinates for the entrance to Three Lakes are-

N27 57 .692
W81 00 .240
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

MuddingMark

Quote from: GSPKurt on January 10, 2006, 03:45:42 PM
The GPS Coordinates for the entrance to Three Lakes are-

N27 57 .692
W81 00 .240


Thanks for the coordinates! I'll be there about 8:30, we are leaving at 6 and it's a little over a 2 hour ride from Fort Lauderdale.

Looks like the weather is going to great. The low Saturday should be in the lower 40s and no rain in sight.

MuddingMark 8)

PS: Wilburz, could you drop me your cell phone number through my contact info in this forum. Just in case.
Now this is stress relief!

wilburz

just make sure you come in on the 441 entrance. you go north on 441. the entrance is about 15 0r 18 miles north of 60 off 441 on the left.

3 more days! 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

GSPKurt

Here is the entrance.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

MudMan

Hey all,

I have ridden this spot for years and its pretty good riding.  I will be there with a group of 30-40 people from Friday until Monday.  There is usually only one retiree working the check station from my experience.  And he is either really nice or a real not a very nice person.  Bottom line just be courteous and once you get past the check station you will be out of his sight and out of his mind.  He has no authority to do anything but even if he's rude just smile and go on your way (after you pay the $3 daily fee).  If you cause any problems he can always call the ranger, they are never far away.  I've seen them there on more than one occassion.  I will see you guys out there, you definitely won't miss our group. 
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

wilburz

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

GSPKurt

I am going to leave here Friday night and get down there and sleep in my vehicle so I don't have to get up at 0dark:30 and drive half asleep. I'm in a dark gray '03 TrailBlazer with a green Eiger on the trailer. Wake me up in the morning if I'm not up yet, please.

COME ON, FRIDAY!!!
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

wilburz

Alright Kurt. I am thinking about leaving today too, but probably not. see everyone in the morning. 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

wilburz

alright. I am packed up and ready to go. Leaving royal palm at 6:00 am tommorrow.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

GSPKurt

wilburz, wilburzbro, wilburzbrojr, and mudding mark-
I had a great time riding with you guys. In hindsight, I should have left the dog and 20 ga. at home. Sorry we didn't wait for you to come back to camp, but we wanted to get to the hotel and get cleaned up. Thanks for putting up with me!
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Busta Nutt

kurt it wasgood to meet you and chuck roast. I think you are right about the dog and gun though. We rode till we dam near ran out of gas. You didn't miss anything by not camping. Like to froze my nuts off. There was a bit of  frost in the morning.

susieblazer



    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm frost will sure do that to them............................ :o
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

wilburz

Great meeting you to Kurt and ChuckRoast. Muddin Mark always a pleasure to ride with ya. Mark,me,bro, and nephew rode 50 miles on saturday and another 27 on sunday. We also completed 90 % of the designated route I made up. We also ran into MudMan way in the back. HIm and his buddies were on big utes and going through some deep stuff. Got a couple of pics I will put up in a bit. 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

MuddingMark

#69
I place some pictures up in the Photo section:

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

Enjoy!

It was nice to meet all of you. I had a great time. We'll have to get together again sometime soon.

MuddingMark 8)
Now this is stress relief!

MudMan

Wilbur it was nice to meet you and your buddy (sorry I forgot his name).  We ended up bringing all our bikes through that deep section where I was swimming (even the Rhino we had with us)...we kinda had to drag it through there.  I stood my bike up and let it drain for a moment, then it started right up.  I looked to see where yall were camping but I never saw anyone.  Sorry I couldn't stop by and talk some more.  Maybe next trip we can ride together.  I had a hard time keeping up with my big group, on Saturday we had a bike count of 37.    We rode all day Sunday and made it back to the check station a little after dark.  There were 2 rangers there checking coolers and stuff for any game.  I was riding my little sister's bike because the headlight went out on the way home.  They gave me and a few other guys a hard time about bullshit things.  Not sure why they were so grumpy.  We didn't have any guns and we had a lot of small children with us.  Just being @$$holes I guess.   But all in all an excellent trip....got a bit cold at night but we all stayed warm.  We might be going to the south side of 3-Lakes in a few weeks.  I will let yall know.  Later.

~MudMan~ (Shaun)
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

wilburz

yes let me know. I know everyone that went with us is ready to do it again.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com