Recall Kawasaki brute force 750 4x4

Started by needforspeed, January 11, 2006, 11:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

needforspeed

Taken from Motorcyle Industry News - In cooperation with the consumer product safety board, kawasaki has initied a "volunteer safety recall campaign to replace the steering tie-rod ends on 2005 brute force 750 4x4i models." according to the kawaski news release. On the effected units kawaksi say, "a tie-rod could seperate during operation, due to either wear or impact, leading to the loss of steering control and create the potential for an accident resulting in injury or death. Kawaski urges the consumers with the affected vehicles " are cautioned not to operate them, and to contact an authorized kawaski dealer for repairs at no charge." For more information contact Dealer Tech Support Hotline 800-854-3800, or consumer services 800-802-9381 or www.kawasaki.com.

grumpster

I got a notice two weeks ago from Kaw about this.  In the notice it states they will start notifing people when the parts come in should you opt for the recall.
I guess it's better than a sharp stick in the eye...
Kaw 750 Brute Force
Honda 650 Rincon
Lookin' for some fun...

Pastense

Wheew, thank gosh it's only the tie rods and not anything dangerous.............................. ;)


Honda Baby!
Accept no subsitute.
:)
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

bbf

i got my letter in my tie rod fell apart already and kaw cant tell me when the paets will be in

americanhighlander

Well they did had the same recalled on honda rancher the 2004 models
and they had same problem as tie rods weaking.I know people jump in mid atvs thats only way they could weaking their tie rods.


My best thing to do just replace it and see what happens. :)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

PaulyV500

I recently sold my Brute Force, for a Bomb 800 xt. I went through 3 tie rods in a year before that. They are a very inexpensive part, but when they bend or brake it sure is a long ride back to camp. I told my dealer  that I thought there was a problem with these and they kept insisting that I was hitting things, but they fixed it anyway. good luck to all brute force owners in getting a good part so this is not a problem for you!
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV