The way it used to be

Started by Loven It, January 05, 2006, 08:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joedirt

My 13 year old has chores...and she does them....She complains a lot ....but I assure you she will learn the value of a dollar and darn sure better respect her elders. I am raiseing her the way I was raised....."Why DAD?".....Because I said so....End of story..no debate!...LOL
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

yunt2ride

#26
SOME MORE

Mom always said do not sit close to the TV, it will put your eyes out but never did.

I remember riding in the back window of the family automobile.

Riding on the tailgate with our feet hanging off. Even fell off a time or two and had to try and run the truck down because mom did not see me fall. LOL

Built a ramp for my bicycle using a 2X6 and a metal garbage can. Again not helmet. Flipped many times doing this.

Adding front forks to my bicycle to make a chopper. Popped several wheelies and the front tire would fall off sometimes.


Getting a spanking, WITH DADDYS BELT, then going to the bathroom to cry and look at all the bruises on my @ss. Even sometimes getting a spanking while outside while all of the neighborhood friends were outside watching me get one. Never needed any mental help from this either.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Loven It

Quote from: yunt2ride on January 06, 2006, 02:35:59 PM
SOME MORE


Riding on the tailgate with our feet hanging off. Even fell off a time or two and had to try and run the truck down because mom did not see me fall. LOL

Built a ramp for my bicycle using a 2X6 and a metal garbage can. Again not helmet. Flipped many times doing this.




Yunt did you fall off often lol!  ;)

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

yunt2ride

Every now and then Loven It. Turned out ok also. Only rode on the tailgate on dirt rodes though.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Pastense

I love to read the nostalgic words about times past.  It is a remnder that life is cyclical in nature.  Make no mistake, these are the same things your parents spoke of and the same things that your children will speak of.

:)
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

qt314nfla

LovenIt- My dad use to like to add to your phrase.... "I brought you in I can take you out and make another one look just like you" (stolen from Bill Cosby).

One day when he said that I said no you can't you had your stuff cut or a vasectomy.  Never said that again.  Not a good choice of words.  Never talk back to dad or you will find yourself picking yourself up off the other side of the room.

aftrmath99

omg!! we were to speark only when spoken to  if we ever said  no  we never got the  o   out  i spent entire summers grounded in my room  i grew up in the country of upstate ny  it was awesome! i worked on a farm  up at 5 in the morning  to bed at 8 at night bailed hay until my fingers blead  hiked the mountains at 7 years old  we didnt have cable tv  we lived to far out in the sticks  we had to go outside and turn the pole with the antena 50 ft in the air we only had three chanels we skinnydipped in the creek im amazed at kids nowadays  they are totally disrespectful and take everything for granite.they think money grows on trees and that they actually have an opinion  when i was young,  your opinion was given to you lol sorry but i prefer to raise my kid the old fasion way and i would never give up the   good old days of when i grew up  they made me what i am today

aftrmath99

WHO AM I KIDDIN  I SPOIL MY KID ROTTON ;)

Pastense

Quote from: aftrmath99 on January 08, 2006, 09:12:29 PM
WHO AM I KIDDIN  I SPOIL MY KID ROTTON ;)


And the truth shall set you free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: QT-911-tow on January 05, 2006, 10:14:34 PM
The cars were huge and on road trips we rode on the ledge above the back seat and looked out the back window.  When your parents hit the breaks you flew out of the window and asked them to do it again.

lol...big smile ;D those were the days!!!

MachineDog

Me and my bro like to squeeze stories out of my parents like these all the time. It just reminds us that our parents were infact kids at one point. lol! Thank god I have computers.. I'd die.. =o <3 Computers.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

o4250


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com