Grizzly Rumour

Started by gtnwood, January 09, 2006, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtnwood

I ran into a fellow Yamaha enthusiast the other day and he said that Yamaha was going to make the Grizzly a 760. I asked him his source of such an exciting prospect and he claimed it was from his work. By the way he works for Suzuki. Has anyone else heard this. I'm gonna start savin now if it's true. :)
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Brute Force

I ordered somthing from Highlifter.com and when I got it had a magazine that came for free. I rember flipping through and seeing a new Grizzly (750 or 800) not sure. I tried searching online and didnt find anything.

Anyone else know anything about it????
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

05greengriz

I hope it is finally true, would be nice. There have been so many debates, threads and whatever else on highlifter about a new 700-850cc grizz that it isn't funny. They need to step up. Don't get me wrong, the 660 grizz is a proven machine, but there is always room for improvement.
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Brute Force

I just called the Yamaha Motor Corp directly and I was told that any new product information would be released on or around September 2006.  :dunno.gif
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

05greengriz

They never say anything until the release, bad selling point strategy if you ask me.
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Bigscrb15

I think they are afraid they won't sell the rest of their 05/06 stock if they let us know the 07/08 models will be better for the same price.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Pastense

I find that when dealing large corporations, the paradigm; "the left arm has no clue what the right arm is doing and vice a versa" can be a very useful flaw. Ergo, when you call a company, it is dependant on what department you get as to what answer you may recieve.  So let's say you get the Quality Control department who job it is to maintain the legal saftey and security of the company.  When asked, they may give a resounding "wait and see" response.  However, if you contact the Public Relations department, whose job it is to promote the newest latest and greatest projects, you may just get to know what you want to know.

Food for thought.
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

themensh

I hope the rumors are true!!!!!! (Think of all the used 660's going to be for sale!!!!!!)   LOL

chuck 'roast

Kawa3

Dont know if the 600 motor builds was a flaw and meant 660 but if so you can get a 790 cc motor build for 3800$ http://turnercycles.com/4x4s.html
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

gtnwood

Rock On, So then this is'nt just an isolated rumour. If Yamaha takes the most reliable Grizzly and pump up the displacement they will demolish the competition. Cant wait. >:D
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com