Request for info on Yamaha Big Bear

Started by stogie711, January 05, 2006, 07:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stogie711

I have a chance to buy a 2003 Yamaha Big Bear, as I'm very new to ATV's I was just wondering what everyone thought about this particular Quad. I'm planning on using it for mostly trail rides and around the yard , have no need for racing or going real fast.  Thanks for all info...... Brian
2005 Yamaha Bruin
no mods yet...but I'm working on it

weekendwarrior1

My friend has that bike annd he loves it. Says he's never been stuck.

2 rut

98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage

Mars

I had an 02. 
Good yard/trail bike. Reliable motor, has been around for a while. Get some skid plates/belly pan of you plan to go off road often. OEM pan is very small.
If the principal rider is a child or a girl, steering is a little stiff in 4X4. I believe the 2004 has switchable 2X4/4X4.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Chevy1500z71

unless u wana mud a sport will be better unless u dont wana mes with a cluch, but yes my freind had a big bear they are nice  8)

stogie711

Thanks for all the info. I wound up with a better deal on a 2005 Yamaha Bruin. The Big Bear was in rough shape for the money. The Bruin was the same price just smaller <250> but I'm a beginner so I think its a good learning machine.  Thanks again
2005 Yamaha Bruin
no mods yet...but I'm working on it

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com