need some riding friends

Started by mux, January 04, 2006, 04:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mux

Finally bought an atv.  Looking for some riding friends. 

I have been going to Croom and Ocala by myself.  Much safer not to ride alone. 

I live in Palm harbor.

Anyone been to Northwood?

06 kawasaki kfx 400
yoshi pipe, dynajet, k&n filter

05greengriz

I tell you what, just go on the next group ride and you will have some of the best people (family) in the world to ride with. Once you start meeting people it will start a domino effect of more great people to meet and ride.
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Pastense

Mux,

Greengriz is right, Ocala and Croom are not a problem when it comes to trying to find people to ride with........ Go to the Group Rides forum.  Theres always someone asking for people to go to Croom or ONF with. 

Riding is a source.
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

bigbirdh

i am always looking for some people to ride with thats why i decided to join this web site and hopefully to make some new friends anyone ever ride at san francis or 5a

sct450

alot of people ride at 5a but last time i was out there is was to wet for me.

  welcome to the site..............
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

bigbirdh

it is not to bad on 95 side but maytown side is a little nasty i am just looking for a crowd to ride with the more people the better my wife and i both ride

Ida_Mann

Quote from: 05greengriz on January 04, 2006, 04:31:52 PM
I tell you what, just go on the next group ride and you will have some of the best people (family) in the world to ride with. Once you start meeting people it will start a domino effect of more great people to meet and ride.

I tend to think of it as all downhill from there instead of a domino affect ;-)

I've met tons of really good people here, welcome.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

lil_Mrs._Honda1

where is northwood?
And welcome aboard!
me my husband and daughter all ride
[url="//imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]
APK400exRacer: [url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]

qt314nfla

Exactly what a few others have said.  Not long ago I was a newbee myself.  After a few group rides I have met over 100 ppl on this site to ride with.  Like others I consider this my family and they are a great group to be a part of.  Hope to see you at one of the upcoming group gatherings.  Be sure to introduce yourself and you'll be amazed what happens from there.

Old_School

Quote from: mux on January 04, 2006, 04:15:53 PM
Finally bought an atv.  Looking for some riding friends. 

I have been going to Croom and Ocala by myself.  Much safer not to ride alone. 

I live in Palm harbor.

Anyone been to Northwood?

Welcome. What kind of quad did you get? Ute or sport? I go Croom and Ocala too. There is a going to be a group ride on either the 14th or 21st in Ocala this month. Maybe you can make it there. It will be my first time meeting people from this site face to face too. -Mark


90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

wolv350

I'm looking for people to ride with too.  I'm to the atv world and florida. I will check out the group ride section.

MuddFreak77

Wolv350,

   Like others have said, Just look for the next Group ride!!!  I went on my first group ride about 2 months ago and I've now met over 20 people.  They are all great people!!!  Look forward to meeting you someday

Freakk
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

dreadhed

Mux or anyone else.  I live close to Ocala National Forest.  Send me a email if you want to go riding.  Just about any weekend I can meer you there.

I have to agree with everyone else.  Group rides are a great way to meet people. 

mux

Good to know there are some good people out there! 

I will look into the group riding section.

I have not been to Northwood.  But I hear that is south of sarasota,  Runs long side of I 75. Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks for the responses!!!

06 kawasaki kfx 400
yoshi pipe, dynajet, k&n filter

qt314nfla

It's North Port down there and you can view Northportoffroad.com to check out some of the ppl that ride there often.  We have a blast down there but you need to know where you are and what property is off limits.  They do ticket but most of the time are very friendly.  Know the laws!  Contact me if you have any questions about it.

rednek

The folks are correct! I went on a group ride with Chillinthemost a few months ago and now I hardly have time to visit this web site. Be Careful though. Since that ride I have spent a fortune on wife a quad, modify trailer, by RV to go for weekends ect... ITS ADDICTING!!! Look for for the rednek crew in Big Scrub on January 21st. & 22nd. 30' Coachmen, Rhino 660 Polaris 450 and Yama 80. See ya there!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com