Packed at Scrub today...

Started by Ride1Rob, January 01, 2006, 02:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ride1Rob

Got up to Scrub today and man was it packed! Bikes were all over the place and trucks were parked as far as three powerline poles away from the campground. I've definitely never seen this many bikes out there at one time b/f. We had a great turnout of about 25 or so bikes on our ride. Here are a few photos from today.

















Yep Dreth has done it again  :-\
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

The Quad FaJa

Cool Pic...have not been there for some time...looks like every one had a good time!  ;)

TurboBanshee_kid

Nice i go in the summer it is very hot but not alot of people are out there!
You have the hole place to our self!
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

Hawgin4x4

I was there, did any of yall see a big guy with a blue fox jersey and a green helmet riding a blue Raptor 660? IF so that was me..In the first pic one of them white enclosed trailers is ours. It was really packed today man....ALso whats up with the rangers being such a$$ holes today?
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

Numkut

Man that looks like fun, I haven't riden fir like 3 weeks, I'm dying here!
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

raptor426

I'm going up there in less than 2 weeks, cant wait
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Ride1Rob

Quote from: 400mph on January 01, 2006, 03:33:38 AM
ALso whats up with the rangers being such a$$ holes today?

Yeah... They were really being arse holes today. We were riding the pipeline that morning and had three rangers to pull up while we were taking a break. They told us about the new rule changes coming into effect. (Vehicle Papers, License, Kids under 16 have to wear helmets, etc...)  They told us we were fine on the pipeline as long as we were riding on the ATV whooped out side and not on the "Clay" road......  Later in the day in a different spot on the pipeline again here comes a Law Enforcement Ranger and he says, "ALL OF IT is considered numbered road and the boundaries extend from treeline to treeline. So I nicely tell him about what the previous three rangers had told us that morning and the jackass catches an attitude. "What does the writing say in the front of my truck?" I say to him, I respect your authority as "Law Encorcement" but we're getting conflicting information here. You say no and we've been told we were fine. He continues to be a jackass stating,  "I'm the law out here." So while he's continuing w/ his Power speech I turn and walk away. They're definitely trying to run ATV's from out there. I think we're slowly we're losing ONF :(
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Scramdaddy

Yea, I am getting sick just thinking about it. Was'nt this " trail system" supposed to be up and running this month? I hope they dont try to screw us over and just shut the forest down. I gotta drive 2 hours to get there but it's worth it.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

Bigscrb15

We were stopped because we drove our atv through the "puddle" on the powerline. The lady said all the powerline road used to be as tall as the base of the powerlines and that there were no hills. She said the atv's doing donuts caused all the big hills on the road. She then went on to say that nothing will ever grow in the soil out there again. Then said we all needed to carry our ID, Registration, or Bill of Sale. Later in the day we left the campground and crossed over the road and turned left to get to the power lines. We were stopped by a ranger who told us when you leve the camp ground you MUST go straight past the power lines then turn left, there is no riding on the "road side" of the powerlines ANYWHERE in the area(all the way to 19). Also had another ranger tell us that starting today you can ONLY ride the powerline area and not go on any trail! We were also told a couple other stupid "laws" that I think they were just making up. Oh yeah, the lady also said "We are not Croom, they welcome atv's" . "we only allow atv's because it is a federal law."...... "There is a website online telling people to tear down the fences and ride in the pits." We asked her what the site was and she said atvflorida.com  after arguing for a minute wiht her that this site would not allow that she said she stopped a group of people that tore down a fence and showed her a print out of the site that said that. Im headed back out there in a minute and we will see what they say today!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

The Quad FaJa

yep...it will all be gone oneday...due to the people who like to dump in the places we ride...makes every one look bad...the days are numbered!  :'(

Toomey

Yeah those rangers are something else.  Makes me wonder hearing these stories, what they're trying to do.  Obviously they don't like off-roading.  They should get some people that actually like riding to patrol around there and I think they'd do a better job of keeping the place running fair and honest, and still fun.  I want to go there soon too, fast trail riding is my favorite kind of riding.

Quote from: Scramdaddy on January 01, 2006, 01:58:01 PM
I gotta drive 2 hours to get there but it's worth it.

Pff.. It takes us about 6 to 7 hours from South Florida, but we still make the drive 2 or 3 times a year.  It's alot of fun.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Jax_Rdr_01

ya i was there also, it was packed and the rangers werent to nice either. but all in all i had a good time.
05 400ex
two brother m-7 pipe
k&n filter
dyno jet kit
WB rev kit
um nerfs
07 King Quad 450

susieblazer

#12

    I am sorry alot feel we will be losing a place to ride but there is over 350,000 acres in ONF and that is way more than enough for us...........just my opinion in over 26 years of riding there ..............
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on January 01, 2006, 03:54:47 PM
We were stopped because we drove our atv through the "puddle" on the powerline. The lady said all the powerline road used to be as tall as the base of the powerlines and that there were no hills. She said the atv's doing donuts caused all the big hills on the road. She then went on to say that nothing will ever grow in the soil out there again. Then said we all needed to carry our ID, Registration, or Bill of Sale. Later in the day we left the campground and crossed over the road and turned left to get to the power lines. We were stopped by a ranger who told us when you leve the camp ground you MUST go straight past the power lines then turn left, there is no riding on the "road side" of the powerlines ANYWHERE in the area(all the way to 19). Also had another ranger tell us that starting today you can ONLY ride the powerline area and not go on any trail! We were also told a couple other stupid "laws" that I think they were just making up. Oh yeah, the lady also said "We are not Croom, they welcome atv's" . "we only allow atv's because it is a federal law."...... "There is a website online telling people to tear down the fences and ride in the pits." We asked her what the site was and she said atvflorida.com  after arguing for a minute wiht her that this site would not allow that she said she stopped a group of people that tore down a fence and showed her a print out of the site that said that. Im headed back out there in a minute and we will see what they say today!

dude, seriously next time you see that ranger, PLEASE get her name, I feel like taking a trip up there to have a chat with them.

I dunno about anyone else, but have you ever seen a thread telling people to tear down the fences?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Toomey

Quote from: Ida_Mann on January 02, 2006, 02:15:01 AM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on January 01, 2006, 03:54:47 PM
We were stopped because we drove our atv through the "puddle" on the powerline. The lady said all the powerline road used to be as tall as the base of the powerlines and that there were no hills. She said the atv's doing donuts caused all the big hills on the road. She then went on to say that nothing will ever grow in the soil out there again. Then said we all needed to carry our ID, Registration, or Bill of Sale. Later in the day we left the campground and crossed over the road and turned left to get to the power lines. We were stopped by a ranger who told us when you leve the camp ground you MUST go straight past the power lines then turn left, there is no riding on the "road side" of the powerlines ANYWHERE in the area(all the way to 19). Also had another ranger tell us that starting today you can ONLY ride the powerline area and not go on any trail! We were also told a couple other stupid "laws" that I think they were just making up. Oh yeah, the lady also said "We are not Croom, they welcome atv's" . "we only allow atv's because it is a federal law."...... "There is a website online telling people to tear down the fences and ride in the pits." We asked her what the site was and she said atvflorida.com  after arguing for a minute wiht her that this site would not allow that she said she stopped a group of people that tore down a fence and showed her a print out of the site that said that. Im headed back out there in a minute and we will see what they say today!

dude, seriously next time you see that ranger, PLEASE get her name, I feel like taking a trip up there to have a chat with them.

I dunno about anyone else, but have you ever seen a thread telling people to tear down the fences?

Id@

Id@n't know?  Haven't seen one ever...  :D It's a joke....  >:(
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Hollywood

We had a great time as well. Here's a few pics we took also.












'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Hollywood

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

wilburz

I am sure the rangers get there arses reamed by the deer hunters up there when the hunters hear and see atv's during deer season. Hunters with guns don't take much slack from rangers, so the rangers pass it on to anyone else which seems to be the atvers that are trying to follow the rules.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

yunt2ride

I say that they should should develope it all into one huge subdivision so the rangers would not have any forest to protect and lose their jobs if they are gonna arses like that. Screw em all. I will ride on private land the rest of my life. Its been a while since I have been to big scrubb and if they are gonna have all these rules they can just stop it then half of them will be out of a job or have to move to another area to patrol. I respect the law and have never in 40 year been in any trouble but their is no reason to try and throw your authority around.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

rappy350

The ranger situation is exactly why I started goin to osceola.  Osceola is great we went out there on newyears and only saw one person the whole day.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Hawgin4x4

I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

rappy350

2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Ride1Rob

Quote from: rappy350 on January 02, 2006, 08:51:21 PM
right across from the prison.

Is that Central Florida Reception Center? I used to work at a prison and would transport inmates over there often. Never saw any trails out there though... Maybe b/c I wasn't expecting any :-\   . Anyway, if that is the spot off of the beeline I think tell me more  ;)
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

suburbangirl

A bunch of us went to Big Scrub on New Years Day and it was aweful.  The rangers where constantly bugging everyone.  And it seems like they are trying to run everyone off so know one comes back.  And the hunters out there were bigger a-holes than the rangers.  It was noon and I couldn't believe the number of people hunting at that time in the heat of all things.  One of them made a comment to me about all the noise that us atv riders are making and they can't hunt.  Last time I checked, Big Scrub didn't say that it was just for hunters.  So like someone said, the hunters might be coming down on the rangers and then the rangers are taking it out on us atv riders.  I think that I won't be going back any time soon.

Ida_Mann

about the hunters, I have never hunted out there, nor do I plan to, but I do sympathize with them tremendously in the forest.

The hunters pay to be able to use the forest for their sport a couple months out of the year,,,,we use it for free all year long for ours.

during hunting season, I tend to only ride in the few hours of the day that are legal to ride and I know that the fewest hunters are likely to be out in the woods enjoying their sport.

Now with that said,,,,,they should all know that Scrub is the biggest place in the forest for OHV's and should expect them there,,,,MOST especially on a holiday weekend, so let'em get mad this weekend.

Now, as for next weekend when I plan on being out there again,,,,I will go back to riding during the middle of the day and being as quiet as possible if I see a hunter,,,or avoid the area if I see one far off in the distance.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Your custom content or HTML goes here