HELP !!!! THUMB THROTTLE TO STIFF ON YFZ450.

Started by nATiVcracker, December 23, 2005, 02:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chillinthemost

You guys dont get it. Picture this.... the carb spring in your banshees looks like a coil spring on a car. The carb spring in a yfz works more like a spring in a recoil starter. Apples and oranges. The relocation mod that he is talking about works because it puts less preload on the spring. At the same time cutting THAT type of spring COULD stiffen the action.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Hoosier Daddy

Oh your talking about the wound up one not the coil spring one right...?
I have cut on on a 4 banger that was the "coil" spring not the wound up one..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Chillinthemost

You got it Ware, there are no "coil" springs in a Yfz carb.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 30, 2005, 04:19:52 PM
You got it Ware, there are no "coil" springs in a Yfz carb.

OK ill take my stupid a$$ and go stand in the corner now....
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Chillinthemost

OK Ware 5 min. in the corner for you and you can come back out and play. I want Smoke to spend the whole day there though and think about what a bad boy he has been.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

cutngrs

so i was right in what i said  it can be done the  spring is like the  mukini on my ds  cut and relocate  thank you have a nice day i am not just a banshee guy been there done that   that from 20 year of building bike motors  no school needed
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Chillinthemost

 :'( :'(my thumb hurts :'( :'(my thumb hurts :'( :'(
Just do what I did, I fabbed up some floor boards for my bike and put a gas pedal on it. It worked so good that I also put a clutch pedal on it and relocated my shifter to the right of my gas tank :drive.gif now no more sore thumb.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

cutngrs

Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 30, 2005, 05:13:43 PM
:'( :'(my thumb hurts :'( :'(my thumb hurts :'( :'(
Just do what I did, I fabbed up some floor boards for my bike and put a gas pedal on it. It worked so good that I also put a clutch pedal on it and relocated my shifter to the right of my gas tank :drive.gif now no more sore thumb.



your waked  chillin :)
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Chevy1500z71