Need help with my 05 Rincon 650

Started by Thrumud, December 29, 2005, 07:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

Last year I purchased a 650 Rincon,   added a hmf Q series slip on pipe,  Dyno jet kit and a k&n filter. I also added some 27'' 589 ITPs and for some reason I feel the quad kind of sluggesh at take off.  Now I know big tires makes take off slow but my Rinny seems way too sluggesh.  Could it be that the idiots at Rick Case Honda jetted the bike wrong ?    Is there anything I can do to solve this problem or should I take it in to see if the jetting was done the right way.  ?
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

big-daddy

I dont know if they jetted wrong, but I can tell you the Rick Case sucks for ATV repairs. :(
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

bbf

my 03 sucks off the line and it stock but i dont trust rick case when your doing any mods i would go to riva

Yamaha72

RIVA SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Buy a shop manual and do it yourself!!!!  you can save so much $$$$
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Crispy

Quote from: Thrumud on December 29, 2005, 07:18:06 AM
Last year I purchased a 650 Rincon,   added a hmf Q series slip on pipe,  Dyno jet kit and a k&n filter. I also added some 27'' 589 ITPs and for some reason I feel the quad kind of sluggesh at take off.  Now I know big tires makes take off slow but my Rinny seems way too sluggesh.  Could it be that the idiots at Rick Case Honda jetted the bike wrong ?    Is there anything I can do to solve this problem or should I take it in to see if the jetting was done the right way.  ?

Get a manual..take it apart to the jets, check the jets make sure they've actually been changed, check HMF engineering to see if they have any suggestions on what may be causing it usually there very helpful on issues like that.
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

Moose

The Rincon does start out sluggish, they all do. One fix is to replace the gears. They make a reduction gear set that will solve all those problems. With that much power, and lower gears, that would make it bad a$$, even more with what you have done.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Thrumud

Thanks guys,  Moose, do you know where I can find those gears ?   I will also contact HMF regarding the jet settings.  Thanks again and if you have more advice, please post.  The last thing I want is a belt drive 4x4.  LOL
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

MuddFreak77

Hey Thrumud,

     On the Rincon Honda used a VERY strong carb spring.  By clipping 9-12 coils off of the spring (I cut 11) you will have better power.  When you take the seat off, you will see a silver cap on top of the carb it has 4 phillips head screws in it.  take this cap off, be careful not to strip the screws as they are soft.  count all coils even the ones that are close together.  Place the cut spring back into the carb cut side UP so it will not puncture the diapharam.  Replace the cap and have fun.

     My bike I can get to stand up on end.

Freakk
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Thrumud

Muddfreak,  Man I need your help with my Rincon.  I live in Ft Myers, maybe you can help me out with My Rincon.  I will pay you if needed.  Check your "Personal Message"
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]