Three Lakes WMA trail ride - 01/14/06

Started by wilburz, December 13, 2005, 10:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuddingMark

I don't plan on hunting. With a group of riders taking the trail that Wilburz has suggested there probably won't be much game arround.

I'm coming from the south and would like directions. I read earlier that Yee Haa Junction is 12 miles away, if that's the closes exit from the Turnpike then I'll take directions from there.

MuddingMark  8)

Now this is stress relief!

wilburz

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on December 22, 2005, 05:35:36 PM
Quote from: GSPKurt on December 22, 2005, 05:00:27 PM
A resident hunting license is ~$15.00. You will also need a WMA permit, and if you buy it online, it is $26.50.

sorry, probably didn't make myself clear. I don't plan on hunting, do you have to have anything special to just ride out there? or do they frown on riders that aren't hunting?

I am almost positive that all you need to ride there is the $3.00 daily use permit. Put the money in the envelope and put the stub in your pocket. You can have all that other stuff Kurt mentioned but it is not needed. I am not planning on hunting just want to ride the trail and check the place out with some fellow riders. Should be great. During small game people bring there families up there and ride quads and stuff. I doubt there will be alot of hunters. I am not worried about it. Hope the scrub brothers can make it.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

wilburz

Quote from: MuddingMark on December 23, 2005, 07:28:04 AM
I don't plan on hunting. With a group of riders taking the trail that Wilburz has suggested there probably won't be much game arround.

I'm coming from the south and would like directions. I read earlier that Yee Haa Junction is 12 miles away, if that's the closes exit from the Turnpike then I'll take directions from there.

MuddingMark  8)



The place will most likely be dryer than a popcorn fart! Sport quads should be fine. Might have to drive over a few stumps though.

You can get there by taking the turnpike to the Yeehaw junction exit. Get off there and go west to the junction. take a right on 441 and go up about 18 or 20 miles. You will see a 3 lakes sign on the right. the camping area is on your right.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

GSPKurt

The FWS says it is a good area for quail. I am bringing a bird dog and 20 ga. in hopes of taking some wild Florida quail.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Bigscrb15

We plan on coming out there, Its pretty close to us(45minutes) so no reason we can't make it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

wilburz

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on December 23, 2005, 02:39:55 PM
We plan on coming out there, Its pretty close to us(45minutes) so no reason we can't make it.

Will be good to ride and hang out with the Scrub brothers again.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

wilburz

Well, looks like we have scared off qt314 and seebeejim. they will be riding 10 miles north of us at holopaw. oh well, they can always change their minds. :'(
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Busta Nutt

hell I am surprised anyone is going what with no alcohol allowed in the riding area.

qt314nfla

Quote from: wilburz on December 29, 2005, 09:05:06 AM
Well, looks like we have scared off qt314 and seebeejim. they will be riding 10 miles north of us at holopaw. oh well, they can always change their minds. :'(

No we're not scared off.  We've been planning a trip to Holopaw since our December ATV Club meeting.  There's an FTR QS race there that weekend and I want to check it out since I'm going to race the utility series next year.  Jim's brother in law has property there and wants to ride w/ him and his family also.

If I hadn't already made plans I'd have probably been in for this.  Maybe next time.  It's been forever since I've rode w/ y'all.  Sorry guys.

wilburz

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

qt314nfla

Quote from: wilburz on January 02, 2006, 08:40:24 AM
anyone else coming?

Seebeejim was going to check a few things out at Holopaw about you guys joining us.  I'll talk to him today and see what he found out. 

GSPKurt

chuck(roast) and I are going to be at 3 Lakes Saturday and Sunday, and staying at a motel Sat. night and heading out early Sunday afternoon.
I am bringing Tex the wonder dog ("I wonder what I'm supposed to be looking for?") and trying to find some quail.
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Michelle

Quote from: wilburz on January 02, 2006, 08:40:24 AM
anyone else coming?

         Hey Wilburz. I've talked to you before. If you want I can run over and check out the camping for you.  Make sure there's plenty of space.  And if anyone is planing on staying at that hotel in Yeehaw, hope you dont get freaked out about chickens and roosters walkin' around like they own the place ;D And as far as dogs at Three Lakes they're not aloud as far as I know. Might wanna call and ask. 

                                                                      Michelle


wilburz

Quote from: Michelle on January 02, 2006, 07:11:10 PM
Quote from: wilburz on January 02, 2006, 08:40:24 AM
anyone else coming?

         Hey Wilburz. I've talked to you before. If you want I can run over and check out the camping for you.  Make sure there's plenty of space.  And if anyone is planing on staying at that hotel in Yeehaw, hope you dont get freaked out about chickens and roosters walkin' around like they own the place ;D And as far as dogs at Three Lakes they're not aloud as far as I know. Might wanna call and ask. 

                                                                      Michelle



bird-dogs or dogs with a shoulder height of 15 inches or less may be used durring the small games season.

that is right out of the 3-lakes regulations from FWC. Also under the section titled Public Acess and Vehicles:

#3. Vehicles may be operated only on named and numbered roads, except for the general gun for mobility-impaired hunt and small game season.

Should not be a problem finding a camping spot. But you could check on it for us. That would be nice. Are you riding ?

Kurt, you should camp with us. That is half the fun. I will bring an extra air matress for your dog.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

MuddingMark

Just to let you know. I will be there in time for the Saturday ride and will spend the night. I plan to head home about noon on Sunday.

Also, I have 2 friends, Chuck and Shawn, coming with me. Shawn will be hunting for small game while Chuck and I will be hunting for something to drink.

See you all there.

MuddingMark 8)
Now this is stress relief!

Michelle

Quote from: wilburz on January 02, 2006, 08:26:18 PM
Quote from: Michelle on January 02, 2006, 07:11:10 PM
Quote from: wilburz on January 02, 2006, 08:40:24 AM
anyone else coming?

         Hey Wilburz. I've talked to you before. If you want I can run over and check out the camping for you.  Make sure there's plenty of space.  And if anyone is planing on staying at that hotel in Yeehaw, hope you dont get freaked out about chickens and roosters walkin' around like they own the place ;D And as far as dogs at Three Lakes they're not aloud as far as I know. Might wanna call and ask. 

                                                                      Michelle



bird-dogs or dogs with a shoulder height of 15 inches or less may be used durring the small games season.

that is right out of the 3-lakes regulations from FWC. Also under the section titled Public Acess and Vehicles:

#3. Vehicles may be operated only on named and numbered roads, except for the general gun for mobility-impaired hunt and small game season.

Should not be a problem finding a camping spot. But you could check on it for us. That would be nice. Are you riding ?

Kurt, you should camp with us. That is half the fun. I will bring an extra air matress for your dog.   

          Your right.  I drove over today to find out.  There were dogs there. I was told year's ago that they were not aloud, and that was buy I believe Ranch and Grove. Or who ever it is that drove the hunter green trucks!

wilburz

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

GSPKurt

Guys, I don't think I am going to make it. I am starting a new job, and will probably have to work.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

themensh

good luck with your job Kurt!
  And I had just purchased a gun rack for my Grizzly TOO!
(Glad I didn't buy that shotgun yet).  LOL

           Chuck'roast

   

GSPKurt

Chuck-
I'll call you tonight. It's not definite.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

wilburz

well, just 6 more days until the ride.

chuck-roast are you still coming if Kurt does not?

How about the scrub brothers?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

GSPKurt

There's a 25% chance I WON'T go on the ride. I'll know for sure tomorrow.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

wilburz

5 more days. anyone else want to ride or yall just going to sit on the couch all weekend?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Bigscrb15

We aren't sure yet what we are doing this weekend. Will let you know soon though.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

14vision

What is the time schedule for the weekend????

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com