Newcomer HELP!

Started by Restip13, December 16, 2005, 06:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Restip13

I am looking to start riding. I have a 13 yr old son that wants to get into it. Any suggestions on what to start with? I was looking at 2 seater Bombardier, Mule, Rhino. Because i dont want him taking off on his own just yet. If anyone has one for sale or any info on which is the best please email me Restip13@aol.com.
THANKS
MIKE  ;D
06, DODGE RAM 1500,MEGA CAB.HEMI 06,YAMAHA RHINO SP ED.660.

rappy350

I know you dont want him to go out on his own but many public riding areas are outlawing such vehicles that you are talking about. I got my first four wheeler when I was 13 also.   I would go with something in the range of a 250-350. and makes sure you get something for yourself.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

gery350

my 14 yr old son started out on a warrior and handled it very well. the warrior is a great durable, versatile bike. i think for his age that would do him good. i dont know if he'll like a mule. all his friends are gonna be mudding and jumping and doing donuts while hes stuck on a mule. thats just my opinion. good luck.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

rappy350

I have a raptor 350 for sale.   The raptor is pretty much an updated warrior
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Pastense

Restip13,

I would seriously consider either a Honda 250ex or a Honda Recon.   Hondas are great because of thier low maintence, high accountability engines. They truly are unique in their ability to perform each and every time it is requested of them.

I do agree with others on this board that you should also think hard of purchasing one for yourslef.

PS though it goes without saying, I'll say it anyway............HELMET.

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

Chuck_Norris

250EX, 300EX  or a warrior 350 is a great entry level quad

Restip13

Thanks my wife found 2 atvs on ebay for sale so when they get here i will check them out and get back on here with lots more questions i am sure. For now I have to keep my son from driving them through Wellington and getting in trouble. Is there anywhere near here I can get him started?
Thanks again
Mike  Restip13@aol.com
06, DODGE RAM 1500,MEGA CAB.HEMI 06,YAMAHA RHINO SP ED.660.

Pastense

Congradulations Mike!  Its good to see that our advice was not wasted.  Believe me when I tell you that you'll appreciate riding separately.  Riding is a source.  You'll love it.


"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

themensh

>>For now I have to keep my son from driving them through Wellington and getting in trouble. Is there anywhere near here I can get him started?<<

update your profile Mike...so some of us may know where "anywhere near here" is.
  I live near Ormond Beach.....and there is a place called 'wellington station'...

        Chuck

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com