Creative Floors in Orlando

Started by Ida_Mann, May 17, 2005, 11:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

I know, it aint a ATV-related item, but I figured I would warn anyone wanting tile work.

let's just say that after 3 months, 3 no-shows by the tile-guy, he finally shows on Saturday and does about 4 hours worth of work then goes home saying he needs to come back.

So I get a call from one of the people at their store on Monday at about 12:30 saying the tile-guy was there can someone let him in?  I told them that noone bothered to call before then and I can't just take off from work at a moment's notice and niether can my parents.  So they schedule for this Saturday.

I finally call the owner of the place who schedules all of the installers Bob Campbell and ask when the soonest is we can have the tile-guy show up because I'm tired of the 3-month wait.  I also inform him that I just happened to be in a conversation with another tile-guy who told me that his crew(two of them) ripped out the old tile and completely installed new TWO bathrooms of the same size as mine in two days.  Mr. Campbell's response to that you ask?

 "I guess you should have hired them instead."

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I am a very level-headed, and calm individual, so there was no yelling or screaming at this guy(even though I wanted to).

I've never dealt with such incompetence in regards to customer service in my life and thought I would let it out here.

Creative Floors
407-382-3500

just my advice, stay away.

Id@
Nathan Bassett
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

SkyHighT100

I know what you mean. I dont remember who did our tile (somewhere from Daytona), but man did they do an aweful job. It was finished in two days, which was nice, but the quality sucks! My house is two years old and already the grout in my shower is crumbling. Not only that, my mom's shower is so slanted (to drain) that you cant hardly stand in it without your feet hurting. All the tiles around her drain are so uneven it is unreal. Even our window sills are bad, they arent even a normal marble, they are this ugly yellow stuff. The tile in our kitchen is also weird, it always looks dirty (funny how things always look different after they are out of the show room). My mom wants to tear it all up and redo it... but our funds wont allow that anytime soon.. or probably ever.

Live and learn I guess.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

gery350

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. WE PICKED THIS REALLY NICE AND EXPENSIVE TILE IN THE SHOWROOM. WELL GUESS WHAT, LOOKS GREAT JUST DONT WALK ON IT. ITS THE DIRTIEST TILE I HAVE EVER SEEN. I SWEAR IF A ROACH TAKES A DUMP ON IT YOU CAN SEE IT FROM 50 FEET AWAY.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Bigscrb15

Ida, sorry to hear about your experience. My family has owned a flooring store since 1971 and there is no way we would be in business with that kind of service. Have you gotten the work done yet? I can get in touch with our sales reps and find out the best dealer in your area. Orlando is a little far for us to travel or I would help you out. Let me know what I can do to help you. I will also tell all of our sales reps about this story because they have their products in that store and it can get back to them in the long run.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Ida_Mann

the work is not done yet, HOPEFULLY the installer will be there early enough to finish on Saturday if he shows.

the only thing that is left is to put the walls on a regular sized bathtub up to 7' from the floor.  Yet, the installer spent 4 hours just putting up the wallboard last saturday then left.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

update since I'm a fair guy

the installer came out on Sunday and ran out of tile with only about 5 pieces left and asked if he could come back out after 5pm one day this week.

don't know when he will show again, but we shall see.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

ocoeestunna

Quote from: gery350 on May 17, 2005, 01:30:45 PM
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. WE PICKED THIS REALLY NICE AND EXPENSIVE TILE IN THE SHOWROOM. WELL GUESS WHAT, LOOKS GREAT JUST DONT WALK ON IT. ITS THE DIRTIEST TILE I HAVE EVER SEEN. I SWEAR IF A ROACH TAKES A DUMP ON IT YOU CAN SEE IT FROM 50 FEET AWAY.



lol....i think if roaches are taking dumps on your kitchen floor, dirty tile should be the least of your concerns,,,,,,, :o

Ida_Mann

I guess I forgot to update this.

installer finally came with the last of the tile(that doesn't match on close inspection) the next weekend.

My parents have a nicely tiled bathroom now, just don't look too close at the decorative tile in the shower.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."