I say it is time to Protest.

Started by J.D., March 22, 2005, 03:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmopar

Se Florida ATV Club
Click Here

04 Kodiak 450 Special Edition
84 Suzuki 185 Quadrunner

Hawgin4x4

Find a very big field, get alot of people and their bikes together and put all the bikes in the formation of "we protest we have no where to ride" and take a pic of it from a helicopter, and then have everyone sign a piece of paper saying why we protest. Send that to the GOVERNMENT! It would be alot of hassle, but it might help out a little. All we need is a really big field and alot of people and their bikes!

~400~
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

jwscroll

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

MuddyGurl101

That's a cool idea. The problem is finding a place to do it!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

cubnfrank

I know that Im very late on this thread. And haven't read all pages. IMO, I would say that a protest would get some publicity for our cause. But an organized group to represent atv's and motocycles in Talahassie would get a things going. I've seen how other groups get attention and respect by lobbing to the proper officials in Tallahassie. Eventually they get there way and change a few laws. The state has plenty of areas that are undeveloped that would be perfect for offroaders.

I've seen how organized fishing clubs have changed bag limits, reduced commercial fishing. All because they did it the proper way.

To get land it's gonna take everyone together to form a single club and go to the capital and lobby to use YOUR  land  for offroading.

I would help any way I can.
Frank
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

americanhighlander

(bump) If anybody wanna post your comments here thats okay.



You need get one those  bluebrothers PA speaker to ride down to tallahadsee and do it at atv shops in tallahadsee. ;D

We need someone sing on it too. :) how fourwheelers can be fun. ;D


Get lots of farm land and try open your own atv park and alot farmers like atvs when do there work all time  up here.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

yunt2ride

Maybe a convoy to Marion County courthouse for their meeting on banning atv on your own property
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

americanhighlander

We need bring this topic back online.
Bump ;D
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

themensh

this post has been read almost 4000 times.  If only 3000 would do
something....that would be quite a feat.
    One person standing up is a weirdo.  3000 is a 'force'.
  Me? I write and e-mail officials from Gov Bush on down through
the forestry division.  I get cordial replies back.....but because I am
only one person, I don't expect much.  But at least I do something.
   As far as riding ATVs into Tallahassee........the farmers rode
tractors into Wash DC a few years ago...but I bet we couldn't get a
handful into Tallahassee. Of that handful, how many would have illegal exhaust and how many 'popping wheelies'?
     Good idea though.

americanhighlander

I wrote a email  to wes miller at hbombfilms.com.
About that  atv riding place in jasper florida.

Here's email I wrote:


Dear,wes miller
I do enjoy your videos on your huevos videos
i watch on my dvd player.
I have huevos 4,5,6.
I'm person loves 4x4 atvs.

I did made on dirtwheelmagzine in
nov 2005 on letters area on the last page.
I do like those dirtwheels fans showing
off pics of atvs in letters area.


This a topic you have see
I know this very sad for all people
that live in that area losing one best kept sercets
in florida riding in that area.
It was number 1 in state for all atvriders
go there and atv dealers go riding there.
I hope one day more people get
chance to  make more riding places in near future.
I know it's bunch of goverment bull crap
trying to make us atvriders look
bad on alot of our good riders and trying
make us to extinct from atv world,
and our glory is fading like desert and gone with wind.
We need atv fans help us in near future.


click here see this topic.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,8716.0.html


Thanks,
Ps:I'm  a true 4x4 atv huevos fan  :-)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

#260
 ;D  feel free  talk on this topic.
Make things happen and don't let people try
to take your riding atv days away.

:lecture.gif :gh 
This is USA and make your freedom happen
and don't put up people's  :foot.gif bull crap.Let your
freedom rise and let atvs ride free in USA. :king.gif

:star.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
So make your ideas happen and make them come true.

thanks,
amhighlander  8)

Ps: keep this topic open up to new atvriders out there.
They might have some very good ideas out there.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

1FasterBlaster

If anyone is interested, Susuki in Sarasota on Clark rd. is trying to start a group club. Meetings are held every first wednesday of the month @ 7:P.M.. Discussions like this and possible remedies to our problems can be talked about in meetings. If anyone thinks they have any good idea's, please attend.

americanhighlander

#262
 :drive.gif My best ideal go to main monthly events in all  over florida
where the big cityies first and get our message out there
to  atv people we need stop people from taking our good riding places
away. :'( Well look what happen riverbed in jasper people riding  up on river banks and bad riders took it away.We  need tell all to atv riders how importan how we like ride and stay on our trails. ;D


I hope in near future we don't lose more any riding places. :-\

thanks,
amhighlander 8)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

o4250

Quote from: americanhighlander on December 14, 2005, 11:40:23 PM
:drive.gif My best ideal go to main monthly events in all  over florida
where the big cityies first and get our message out there
to  atv people we need stop people from taking our good riding places
away. :'( Well look what happen riverbed in jasper people riding  up on river banks and bad riders took it away.We  need tell all to atv riders how importan how we like ride and stay on our trails. ;D


I hope in near future we don't lose more any riding places. :-\

thanks,
amhighlander 8)


I hope in the near future you finally pass 2nd grade. :-\

themensh

>>I hope in the near future you finally pass 2nd grade.<<

And what have you done to help our sport lately, o4250?
  Sometimes spelling counts more than other times.......but I got the point
American Highlander was making.
  The point is we need more people to get off their butts and let our
legislatures know we are a force....
  We ATVrs are not organized, and to read your comment......well, we have a long ways to go.
   It's not like we have enough trouble keeping areas to ride OPEN, let alone taken away.  We don't need to tear ourselves up along the way.

    Chuck 'roast

o4250

Quote from: chuck (roast) on December 15, 2005, 01:31:15 AM
>>I hope in the near future you finally pass 2nd grade.<<


ne to help our sport lately, o4250?
  Sometimes spelling counts more than other
    Chuck 'roast


lately... nothing really, haven't ridden anywhere out of Naples really, just been around the yard, and sometimes seminole. BUT, I helped as much as I could when badluck-praire closed. Attended ALL the meetings, rallys, wrote letters to ole' jeb (like he read them) and even handed out flyers around school (flyers about the meetings and such).

themensh

cool  o4250....you are in there then!
    and as far as writing to Gov. Bush...I can almost bet he doesn't read EVERY e-mail or letter sent to him. I can't imagine anyone in His position
doing that.  That is where the Interns come in. They read e-mails (and regular mail, telephone calls, etc.)...and forward the stuff that needs forwarding to the proper departments.
  The more we ask for more areas to ride, the more we get heard.  The more good stuff we do and get good publicity...the better for us.
  I have recently tried to get our websites name on a highway sign.....'adopting' it and being able to get recognition for litter removal.
  I am kind of shocked not to see some kind of effort as far as collecting 'toys-for-tots' from ATVrs.  I am new to ATVs.....so I don't have
as much background as to what has happened in the past.....
     but imagine next year this time.......having a Banner behind you saying
"ATV Florida.COM"....having several barrels for people to deposit toys in......and in front of the banner.....having a couple local ATVrs quads on display.  Get a couple ATV/motorcycle shops involved (they could pay for the banner and display a couple quads?), ask for free space on radio stations......
  Our group gets recognition! ATVrs are seen as good people!  Kids get toys!   WIN-WIN situation, right?!
  I can't do it on my own........we have allot of talent here in this group.
  Just need to get our stuff together.
   Just some ideas........

    Chuck 'roast

flmedic911

Well..lets organize a form letter...make it a sticky, so everyone can sign it and press send to send it to Gov. Bush.  Then lets get together and ride to the capital.  Come on..we can do this.  Lets try to do it every 4 months or so.

Any ideas?   Lets really do something to secure our place, and our childrens places in the future!!!!!!!

Just like the sign we have all seen in the Dentist office:

If you ignore it, it will go away.


I will help in any way possible!!!!!


FLMEDIC911

themensh

#268
(copy and paste....add to if you want?)

     Gov. Bush,
  Thank you for your time
  I am a member of an on-line all terrain vehicle group named ATV Florida (www.atvflorida.com).  We are a many faceted group of people, both young and old...affluent and no so.
  We represent all terrain vehicle riders throughout Florida and we take our sport seriously. 
  Florida has recently been ranked fourth (4th) in the United States in ATV sales and as a member of ATV Florida, I am concerned with the available land on which to ride and enjoy.
   I send this e-mail to you, hoping to encourage your help in aquiring more land in Florida for ATVrs to ride legally. I feel this can be done with little or no impact to sensitive areas.
  ATVrs are a diverse group, and we want to ask for your help moving our sport forward.
  Thank you.



Send that or something similar to

jeb.bush@myflorida.com

(or call area code 850-488-7146)

       Chuck

themensh

I guess it is fine to remain  anonymous, but when writing a letter or e-mail to someone requesting help, I include my full name and phone number.
  In the situation of e-mailing Gov Bush (or some other official) in regards to
ATV rights.......why be anonymous?
      Yes.....some people are affraid of the Gov't......but in the context
I am speaking, I think I am safe from the "black helicopters".
  If you want to e-mail threats and be a jerk.....I bet that 'anonymous e-mail site' could be cracked. Think what you would do if you got an anonymous letter at your house.....
trash it?  Delete it? Probably.
    Just write an e-mail, be sincere and put a positive light on ATVing. Ask
for more areas to ride. Let the legislature know we can ride without
causing a mess. We need to get our point accross and show our good side!
   All I can do is try, but as I said before:  It is not a one person job.

                    Chuck

renmus

Chuck, just a quick FYI.  JW Scroll did a Toys for Tots ride just a few months ago.    You might want to get with him and plan another.

americanhighlander

Quote from: chuck (roast) on December 16, 2005, 12:42:05 AM
I guess it is fine to remain  anonymous, but when writing a letter or e-mail to someone requesting help, I include my full name and phone number.
  In the situation of e-mailing Gov Bush (or some other official) in regards to
ATV rights.......why be anonymous?
      Yes.....some people are affraid of the Gov't......but in the context
I am speaking, I think I am safe from the "black helicopters".
  If you want to e-mail threats and be a jerk.....I bet that 'anonymous e-mail site' could be cracked. Think what you would do if you got an anonymous letter at your house.....
trash it?  Delete it? Probably.
    Just write an e-mail, be sincere and put a positive light on ATVing. Ask
for more areas to ride. Let the legislature know we can ride without
causing a mess. We need to get our point accross and show our good side!
   All I can do is try, but as I said before:  It is not a one person job.

                    Chuck



Okay. I do reg email way.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

#272

Here's my voice message i made today.
Please  listen to them.they are only 700kb long.

message 1
http://www.geocities.com/warman58x/atv1.mp3

message2
http://www.geocities.com/warman58x/atv2.mp3




let me know it works or not.

thanks,
amhighlander 8)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

eric

Quote from: americanhighlander on December 16, 2005, 05:02:43 PM

Here's my voice message i made today.
Please  listen to them.they are only 700kb long.

message 1
http://www.geocities.com/warman58x/atv1.mp3

message2
http://www.geocities.com/warman58x/atv2.mp3




let me know it works or not.

thanks,
amhighlander 8)

worked just fine ;)