Riding at the Alapaha River Now Illegal??

Started by Paul_S, November 20, 2005, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

We were going to ride the river today and we called the sheriff to see if they were still just giving out warnings .

They said they were giving out warnings last week and citations this week, suffice to say we did not bother going.

Between the hunters at Osceola and the cops at the Alapaha, my quad is looking like a big waste of money.

americanhighlander

I hope you fine out soon about
alapaha river bed soon.

Well keep us updated on it. :)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

You read  this topic on here.
I know one person is piss off and they should have right to ride there >:(.
But read it you understand. :)

http://www.atvoutdoors.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11539
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

NUM1STUNR

I live about 15mns from alapaha river, we haven't been down there to see if it is true or not. BUt, we are goin to let things cool down for now an then attack the river again an see if anything happens. I did stop a wildlife Ranger friday an he told me that they are goin to start policing the riverbed an put up signs. But, if you ever rode the river an ever been in hamilton county you can count the sheriffs on your hand. They don't have the man power an time to keep someone down there all the time. I talk to one of my county boys last week an he say this happens all the time, just to scare people off. It cools down then people ride, then they bring it up to scare them an then it rains floods an drys an we ride...hahahahaha. But, I will check it out an see an let everyone know. But I live on Cr249 in live oak fl, if you take it out of town past the inspection station an go under brigde on that road you have to travel a lil ways on the bank to go down in river to ride but it is quit there an no way for any rangers or sheriffs to see a car under that bridge an more room than off of 41.

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

americanhighlander

I'm sorry about bad news.

I know alot people need to do
open more riding places on backyard parks even here
in mcalpin area  or over by chipley in panahandle.I know in two
or 3years i'll be moving there and it's about hour drive to panama city.

I email dirtwheels magzine about it and try to warn the dw fans out there.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

I know somebody might get ideal one day opening up big atv track.And limit some the rules off.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

remmy

#32
Defeinitely sucks about Alapaha.  Its in today's paper.

I have heard about them making Kirby pits a riding area.
06  450ER
DG Front Bumper
DG Nerf Bars w/Heel Guards
Pro Design K&N w/outerwears
Opened up the air box
HMF Adjustable Needle - 3rd Clip
Aftermarket endcap
165 MJ - A/F - 2 turns out

americanhighlander

Have  you try go to georgia
to ride alapaha river bed south of statenville.
Somewhere on 135.I don't know out of state have less rules.
I have seen in valdosta alot people with atvs
on trucks one time at sams club. :-\ :o
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

 ;) Try check that out if anybody that lives out to east of valdosta ga
area.Or have somebody check it out for us.Please post back on here.

Thanks,
amhighlander 8)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Paul_S

Hi AH

If someone can give me directions we will try and check it out tomorrow.

americanhighlander

If have a ga  road map or try find county map.
Look on mapquest.com  I put maps pics i got off from there.
They are 5 of them i pick out the best way you go into ga.
It's in echols county ga.

So try check that area out.

here's pics 1

[attachment deleted by admin]
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

pic2  make sure you click on file to make image larger. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

pic3 I don't it's dry or not.Bescuase we had alot rain last night and all day yestday.

[attachment deleted by admin]
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

A.T.steVe_k

Quote from: remmy on December 15, 2005, 01:30:22 PM
Defeinitely sucks about Alapaha.  Its in today's paper.

I have heard about them making Kirby pits a riding area.
hey remmy i remember the kirby mine project got shot down some time ago. did you hear anything new on this? that would be a great place to ride let. me know ps  welcome to the site

americanhighlander

(bump)  :) 

please post back on here.Give us some pics
If the river bed is dry in ga.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Paul_S


americanhighlander

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Limolarry

Here is a link to the Suwannee River Managements web page about the end of Alapaha river riding. Suwannee River management wrote this new law. 
http://www.srwmd.state.fl.us/features/news/atvs+banned+in+alapaha.htm
2005 Polaris Sportsman HO 2" lift 26" Vamps
2001 Honda Rancher 350 ES
2007 F-150

americanhighlander

#46
Let us know how looks into ga state line.If anybody that live
near alapaha river  bed in south ga or up near state line
please give us post on it.

You can get ga map free at welcome centers in ga.

thanks,
amhighlander 8)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

#47
I don't know how flooded the riverbed up in south ga south of statenville. :-\
::) But we had alot bad storms today and this evening with
tornado watch.I had stay in lake city for 4half hours today becuase
the weather got bad here in mcalpin at around 4pm.I had went
to go see moive at the c.90 in lake city for 2hours To wait out
the thunder storms.I know lighting was pretty bad and some roads were flooded.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

yesitsfast

 hello all i live in madison fl and also in panam city beach. we have a few places in madsion to go to mostly clay pitss but if any of yall ever wanna come join us in panam city we have alot of fun place like the intercoastal and countyline. yall let me know something ............ oh paul s u live in madison try going to the clay pitts on country kitchen road.. this is daniel barrs

yesitsfast


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com