Question about RC Trucks?

Started by T2, December 14, 2005, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2

I'm thinking about getting the T-Maxx rc truck, I really dont know anything about RC trucks, so I want to know if that truck is a good one and how fun are there. I need something to do when I am not riding.
Do they get old pretty quick are is it like four wheeling and it stays fun?
Any advice would be appreciated T2.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

dynodon

Well , it depends on alot of things suck as , are you looking @ elec. or nitro??
I feel your headed in the right direction with a TMAXX. I had a nitro for along time, and it was a blast. But got boring when no one else had one around.
On a different note, Don`t think that it`s all fun and games, these things do require maintanance!!!!! they need to be cleaned and tuned regularly. after all they are just like a real truck ( things do break). But they are a blast once you get informed on the tuning.
If you do get one the best advise you can get is READ the owners manual front to back, if you don`t break it in properly , you will not have much fun, you `ll be fixing more than playing.
  Any questions p.m. me and I`ll try to answer all I can---- Good Luck
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

big-daddy

Tony, will have 3 Savage 25 4x4 monster trucks. alot of fun ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Bigscrb15

I would recommend Savage. They are great trucks and ALOT stronger than the tmaxx. They do take alot of work, just about every couple of times using them you must retune them or fix something. It is fun to work on though.



"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Southern4x4

i have a tmaxx its a nitro i also got a ofna ultra pro xl they rae fun to drive on a track gas cost $23.00 a gallon tho
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Mrs.Nightbreed

I bought a brand new Tmaxx and Mike and Shaun both have Savages and have had less problems with theirs than mine.

Mudrat owns Ratzas Racing. He is the MAN for the RC stuff. PM him or Blindkaeta (Dorian).

Moose

#6
I've got a savage 25 also, a lot of fun.

big daddy, we need to set up a course and race the trucks.  ;D
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Ida_Mann

yo ton, I'll give you my old tmaxx and controller, starter all the stuff with it to play around with, if you like it, buy it from me for $100.

last I knew it ran fine, I blew the engine in it a couple years ago and fixed that,,,,ran one more tank of gas through it and have not had the chance to get it out again.

gimme a PM

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

big-daddy

Quote from: Moose on December 14, 2005, 10:24:21 PM
I've got a savage 25 also, a lot of fun.

big daddy, we need to set up a course and race the trucks.  ;D

Good idea Bruce, maybe the next time we go to the ranch.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Hollywood

I had one for a while they are a lot of fun. I had a T-Maxx but just as has been said they are a lot of work and do get boring when there is no one else around with one. They are very fast though and took me a while to get used to steering it, especially away from objects. ;) I broke mine every time I took it out for about the 1st 5 or 6 times.....the a-arms snap very easily if you clip something.

Nathan- Let me know if he's not interested...I'll buy it. ;)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Hollywood on December 15, 2005, 10:17:07 AM
.....the a-arms snap very easily if you clip something.


yea they do, thats why I have billet aarms all the way around now. with billet tie rods too. To warn you, it can be a VERY expensive hobby too. I first spent around $600 getting the truck and everything to start out. Then over the next couple months I can guarantee I dropped at least another $1000 into the truck.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

dynodon

yes, I did forget to mention that part didnt I, I think I had spent close to 2k in after market parts ( everything billet, inc tranny& transfer case, tie rods, a arms, front and rear posts, skid plates, frame rails, rims, k&n filters, you name I had it) very expensive!!!!
  I do like the Savage trucks as well, I just had a TMAXX, and had good luck with it, but it also comes with a price ( lots of work).
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Ida_Mann

yeah, the only reason I blew the engine in mine is I never took care of it, and ran it WAY lean too much ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 15, 2005, 11:24:39 AM
yeah, the only reason I blew the engine in mine is I never took care of it, and ran it WAY lean too much ;-)

Id@

but it goes faster running lean, its worth it, lol
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

cutngrs

i have a t maxx and the new team associated  truck it a little bigger then a tmaxx but it come with a 4.6 motor and it flys  just as strong as a tmaxx 8)
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

T2

Ok thanks for the replys, I really dont know which one to get now. If you are just starting out, it looks like the T-Maxx is a good to start out with, or not.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

cutngrs

the tmaxx  is a great one to start with
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Mr. Fixit

If just wanting something to play with it may be cheaper to go electric. Yes they do get old if just by yourself that why I bought two. Ocala has a great track that run Sat. nights. I raced once and found I have to many other hobbies to sink money into. I buy a couple new battery packs a year and I'm set to go. 

Moose

I've done electric buggies, 2 RC-10's, and now the savage. I would say what ever you get, if you dump a lot of money in it, you won't get it back, so the need to keep the truck. The moral of all this, don't dump lots of money in something you will upgrade from.

Electric is MUCH cleaner, no oil from the spent fuel. With the new brushless motors out today, an emax can be set up to haul a$$.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Agent

get a savage. I'm pretty sure I am going to be bringing mine new years eve to big scrub.
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com