Adjusting Chain...

Started by 2006YFZ450, December 10, 2005, 01:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2006YFZ450

I really need to tighten my chain on my raptor but dont know how.  I read the owners manual and nothing makes sense.  Does anybody know how to do it?
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Roostin300ex

if its like  y bike which im sure its similar take out the bolts on the wingarm and then turn the carrier on the left side of the swingarm using the tool from the dealer or use an allen wrench then put the bolts back in

my bike is a lot older and less high tech than ur raptor but hopefully that was similar and helped
1997 Honda 300 Ex...some mods...FOR SALE
1993 KX-125 pro circuit exhaust, renthal bars, khlein carb, flywheel, excel rims, powdercoated rims and forks, moose bar guards, ceet, oh yea a spare engine!

2006YFZ450

I tried that but it didn't work.   Do i have to havethe right size allen wrench to tighten it?  I pull the Quad backwards and it didn't tighten it.  I have a little over 1'' of slack and im gettin worried if it will snap on me when im riding.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

53yfz450

loosen the four bolts and use the tool (in your tool kit) and i think it is on the right side you will see the place and pull back.
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

2006YFZ450

'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

LT-R450ApK

you need  a chain breaker and remove a link and you should be good to go!!!

SOLID
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

2006YFZ450

I tightend the chain but dont know if I tightend it too much?  I got a little over .5'' of slack? :-\
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]