Cleanup In Ocala

Started by jwscroll, November 30, 2005, 11:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwscroll

Who's for a cleanup ride in Ocala in January? Say the third week, which would be the end of hunting season and a perfect time to do a cleanup ride. Cleanup on Sat. and explore the forest for a few hours on Sun..
Who's down? I can bring a trailer for my atv and a couple of trucks for hauling if we can't get any dumpsters, I could probably get a small dump truck there if we get enogh volunteers.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Ida_Mann

I'm good for it,,,,gonna keep looking into the adopt a highway thing though so it might be that.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

T2

I think that is a great idea, considring, when we went riding the other day, on the way out there was nothing but trash on the side of the clay rodes. Its seems likes its gotten a lot worse and its making me sick. So you can count me in if you plan it on a day that I'm not working.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

NP04Foreman

I'd be up for it because I ride out there all the time but I dont have a ride up there and Im not sure if my fourwheeler will be done by then but im pretty sure it will be... if i could get a ride i would want to help :(
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

dreth

the sooner you narrow down the date the better for me! im in

Chillinthemost

I'm sure we could be there. I can pull a trailer behind the Rhino for trash.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

LT-R450ApK

Guess ill have to come,Ill Bring Quad32 and GasGasman with me
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

doc700polaris

let me know when it is, and I'll bring 7 to  9 more riders also with me,
sounds great!
Lee ::)

jwscroll

The third weekend in January then, I don't think we'll need a permit but if I'm wrong someone tell me where to get it. I'll be bringing at least one small trailer to tow behind the fourwheeler.
Lets start a head count so we can figure out whether we'll need a permit.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

backinsaddle

Can't be sure I can make it, but I'll try to be there with wife

NP04Foreman

man ya'll i really wanna go and help out but i still have no ride :'( i dont think anyone will take me... i would help out alot... erm sorry ya'll
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

cubnfrank

I'll be there, I seen it today with my own eyes. Trash all along the trails. Beer bottles tossed everywhere. Looks like where hunters where camping and they left their trash.
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

rubicon500kid

i realy wanan come i got to talk to my mom about it
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

gearhead400

Im definitly up for it. Anyone that has enjoyed riding in ocala should be helping out with this. Like dreth said, the sooner you can narrow down the date, the better.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

jwscroll

THE THIRD WEEKEND IN JANUARY< THATS THE DATE. However ya'll wanna work it is fine by me, it just has to be the third weekend of January.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Bigscrb15

That would be the 15th and 16th. I say we have it on the 15th so we don't all have to rush home and people can still goto Church the next day. Probably same as usual, meet at 8 start at 9. Maybe assign teams with 1 leader(quad with trailer) and 4-5 people with a leader to cover different areas. Clean until 1-2 and maybe grill out some lunch and then people that need to can go home and the rest can just go on a big group ride. Or just have a big clean up with lunch break and back to cleaning until 4-5.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

dreth

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on December 05, 2005, 03:06:07 PM
That would be the 15th and 16th. I say we have it on the 15th so we don't all have to rush home and people can still goto Church the next day. Probably same as usual, meet at 8 start at 9. Maybe assign teams with 1 leader(quad with trailer) and 4-5 people with a leader to cover different areas. Clean until 1-2 and maybe grill out some lunch and then people that need to can go home and the rest can just go on a big group ride. Or just have a big clean up with lunch break and back to cleaning until 4-5.


bigscrb15 you might want to invest in an 06 calender :D that will be the 21st and 22nd

im in! i will bring the ute and a i will try to get a trailor by then ;)

T2

I have to work on the 21st, and I am off the 22nd. I will see if I can get off on the 21st because that falls on a sat. :)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

CAPT69

I'm there and if anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale area needs a lift I got a 7x16 enclosed trailer  ;D

jwscroll

The 21 sounds great. I'll have a small traailer for my UTE and I'll also bring a couple of trucks to put the trash in. If we get enough cats to show, I'll bring an Isuzu dump truck. I'll be leaving the kids at home for this one, I'd like to do some hard riding the afternoon of the 21st.
I look forward to seeing some familiar faces, and some new ones.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

jwscroll

By the way, where would the majority like to meet to do this? I personally like the northern end of the forest but am willing to go wherever. Suggestions?
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Bigscrb15

Quote from: dreth on December 06, 2005, 11:56:05 AM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on December 05, 2005, 03:06:07 PM
That would be the 15th and 16th. I say we have it on the 15th so we don't all have to rush home and people can still goto Church the next day. Probably same as usual, meet at 8 start at 9. Maybe assign teams with 1 leader(quad with trailer) and 4-5 people with a leader to cover different areas. Clean until 1-2 and maybe grill out some lunch and then people that need to can go home and the rest can just go on a big group ride. Or just have a big clean up with lunch break and back to cleaning until 4-5.


bigscrb15 you might want to invest in an 06 calender :D that will be the 21st and 22nd

im in! i will bring the ute and a i will try to get a trailor by then ;)

Ok I invested in one, and all be darned, you are right!!!! If Windows XP is so great it should know what year I want to look at when I change the calendar from December to January. 21st sounds good to me!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

IT200

The north end of the forest has all ready had a few cleanup rides. The real bad areas for trash are in the south end of the forest. Also if we do it in the south end there is a dump center that is open on saturday to take all the trash. Part of the new designated trail system will be going into effect in the Paisley area in March. We could probably clean this area up so its ready for the marked trails. But its just a suggestion.

P.S, There are some really smooth trails in this area for a ride afterward.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

jwscroll

The south area sounds great to me, just need a meeting place big enough to handle all the trucks and trailers.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating