Who on this forum has been riding ATV's the longest in Florida.

Started by Pastense, December 06, 2005, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pastense

I am curious as to who has been riding the longest only within the state.  If you started somewhere else let me know where.  I myself started riding in 1980 on a Honda 90 trike at Holiday Park.

Anyone else?
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

Da_Mtg_Man

Well, I started on a honda mini trail 50 (with the fat tires) in 1975 and rode that for several years. I then got an xr 100 in about 1980 or 81, over the next 5 yrs I moved to a cr125 and then a cr250. In 1983 (I think) I got a 250sx and in 1985 I got a Yamaha Tri-Z 250. After that I graduated high school and faded away from riding for several years and then started again in the late 90's. I don't plan on quiting again for a long time.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Dr.Dirt

I started in summer of 2000 and 5 on a Yamaha Blaster and I now ride a Yamaha Blaster  ;)

Numkut

YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

sct450

i started riding summer 2005 on a yfz450.still have alot to learn.
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

Prairie Master

I've been riding since 1979 mostly maine, 3 years in Iceland, and most recently 2003 to present in florida

;D
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

sct450

04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

klutchbuster400


started when i was 3 or 4, quit untill i turned 14, rode my neighbors quads untill my 15th birthday.
i rode a lil zuki lol. not bad in mud for being electrical, seeing as i liked playin in deep mud lol. rode my neighbors kiingquad and z400 untill i tunred 15 when my dad bougth me a warrior, and next will be another z >:D

rubicon500kid

i have bine riding since i was 5 (on the back) started out on a recon and a honda 300 but got help by my cuzin and then i got into dirt bieks for about 2 years and now back into atvs
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Prairie Master



Iceland is a great place to ride here are a few pics of the terrian







02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

sct450

i've seen pics. of iceland would love to go there.i was told there are all kind of outdoor activities.
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

renmus


Ida_Mann

started at the age of 5 which would be 1982 with a Honda 50(2-wheeler and 4-wheeler later) but they were owned by some friends of the family,,,later we finally got a Honda Fourtrax 200(1988).

All in the Orlando area except when we went to Big Scrub or Croom(when they were great places)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

gery350

1985-86 on a 200s.

1990-1995 various trikes.

2004-present on a warrior.

actually i once rode on i-75 when it was being built(around 1981 on my sisters boyfriends 200s)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

foreman1

Started ridin' atc's in 1977 . My first was a 90 as well then maybe a 2 years later Honda put out the 185 with the round head light . This was the predicessor to the 200 big red .
We rode all over south florida , West Hollywood Blvd when pines blvd was 2 lanes from University drive to US 27 by Holly Lake . Also rode by the old Hollywood sportatorium before Chapel trail was built , Willy's bar on the south side of the the Blvd all the way to Snake Creek canal.
Holiday Park was another good spot by the FPL substation /power lines .
8 st to the Chickeeka bordering the Everglades National Park Boundary.
Put a lot miles on them Hondas .

When ever i remember those times when one could ride for what seemed liked an eternity to what kids go through nowadays , its depressing .
Not as much fun as it used tobe .

[attachment deleted by admin]
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

The hyrbid kid

i rode dirt bikes from 1995 till 2003 then i got a kfx400 and have been going ever since.. but im fast on both..
07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..

indianjoe

I know Da_Mtg_Man was waiting on me to answer to show how old I am, started with the dirt bikes in the early 70's, Yamaha 125 enduro, went to a 175 and then 250, rode some of the Florida Trail Riders Enduro's back then also for those that even can remember these had 2 Ossa 175cc, and at one time had a Maico. Does anyone here even rember these bikes??? Actually still havethe frame for a 1974  or 75 I think dt250 Yamaha.

bluesman

lets just say i used to race a bike called  HODAKA.....



ANYONE REMEMBER THOSE???

Jford

I started in Florida in 1984 on 110 honda 3 wheeler, and a Honda Oddessey.

indianjoe

Allright someone else from my era... the good ole Hodaka..what was that one the somehing RAT wasn't it.

2006YFZ450

I started in 2002 with a Polaris 90 Sportman.Then I got Blaster,Warrior,Raptor.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

indianjoe


Anoriginal

1976 on a 1971 ATC 90. One piece tire and rim. Old times indeed.

bluesman

EHHHHHH AHHHHHHHH YUP!!
 
       SUPERRAT
   
             AND ROAD TOAD   
           
                 COMBAT WOMBAT!!!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com