WOW Diamond Back

Started by kawGIRL, November 30, 2005, 03:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawGIRL

My sister woke up to a 3 1/2' Dead Diamond Back Rattler this morning outside in the front yard :o
They have 2 small children and the neighborhood is full of kids.
Her development is in a swamp in New Tampa  :( I was wondering "WHEN" something like this would happen  :-\ not "IF" So what are these developers thinking?  $$$$  >:( :cursing.gif :gh :F :gr :banghead.gif
Right behind the house there is a preserve (aka ...A SWAMP)
So I think I'll get her a 22 w/rat shot for Christmas  ;)





Looks like it just puked a squid  ???
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Ida_Mann

that is one fat and happy rattler,,,,he was young but growing,,,see the belly on him?

a place I used to ride at way back in the day used to find rattlers in the 5' - 8' range all the time, you practically had to watch where you stepped they were so thick.  Now, that place is called "Peppermill" near the corner of Central FL. Parkway and John Young in Orlando(housing development).  I remember before the JYP went through, suddenly one weekend we were out there a HUGE mound of clay was brought in,,,we had fun on that till they started paving it to make JYP ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

SwampRat

About a month after I moved into my newly built house in Orlando I heard my dog going crazy in the dining room.  I went into check it out and found him playing with a baby diamond back about 1' long.  Guess he got in between the sliders.  I took my dog and locked him in the bedroom, came back with a bag and stick, and no snake.  Found him about 15 minutes later behind the fridge.  Took him outside and cut him in half with a shovel.

It happens.  Glad nobody was hurt.
06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
[url="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg"]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg[/url]

Bigscrb15

how was the snake killed? it looks pretty gruesome. I do agree that these developers don't worry about what happens after they build the subdivision and leave. Of course the snakes aren't going to come around when they are bulding with all the heavy equipment. The snakes are gonna wait until the kids are trying to play peacefully in their backyard
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

SwampRat

Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 30, 2005, 03:19:10 PM
that place is called "Peppermill" near the corner of Central FL. Parkway and John Young in Orlando(housing development). 
That's funny.  My house was in Southchase just across the street from Peppermill.
06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
[url="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg"]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg[/url]

MrsPureLogic

Ewwwww!!  That's a lot of guts!!   :B

Glad everyone is ok!

shadow

01 Rubi- 589's, c-snorkel,un-locker,HL lift kit, lift springs,jetted,HMF exhaust .

Her 05' Rancher 350- 589's on rear,nice rear!

rappy350

wth did you do to that snake.   Did you take a cement block and drop it on his head time and time again.   
Quote from: kawGIRL on November 30, 2005, 03:06:26 PM
My sister woke up to a 3 1/2' Dead Diamond Back Rattler this morning outside in the front yard :o
They have 2 small children and the neighborhood is full of kids.
Her development is in a swamp in New Tampa  :( I was wondering "WHEN" something like this would happen  :-\ not "IF" So what are these developers thinking?  $$$$  >:( :cursing.gif :gh :F :gr :banghead.gif
Right behind the house there is a preserve (aka ...A SWAMP)
So I think I'll get her a 22 w/rat shot for Christmas  ;)





Looks like it just puked a squid  ???


I am gettin the same christmas present for the same reason
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

kawGIRL

Quote from: rappy350 on November 30, 2005, 07:16:38 PM
wth did you do to that snake.   Did you take a cement block and drop it on his head time and time again.  
I am gettin the same christmas present for the same reason

Thats how they found it this morning :dunno.gif Looks like a car hit it
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

rappy350

 :box.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif :K   the only good snake is a dead one
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Ida_Mann

Quote from: SwampRat on November 30, 2005, 03:46:29 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 30, 2005, 03:19:10 PM
that place is called "Peppermill" near the corner of Central FL. Parkway and John Young in Orlando(housing development). 
That's funny.  My house was in Southchase just across the street from Peppermill.

if it's the development that backs up to Shingle Creek, then that is exactly where I used to ride,,,I think there's a hotel on the spot now.

that little concrete bridge that goes over Shingle Creek right before you get to JYP used to be in the middle of a field(no road) then the central florida parkway was extended and JYP went through.  we used to ride all day then set up camp on that bridge and watch the fireworks from Sea World.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

o4250


Dr.Dirt

Cool pictures..Hey, that reminds me.. Does anyone have some Ramen Noodles that I could eat?  ;D

Ida_Mann

now that's a rattler,,,awesome.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TurboBanshee_kid

New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

RL400

thats scary, expecially with small kids around.  great pics though

v303x

#16
I took this photo last Tuesday 11/22/2005 on 588 in ONF.  Awesome!

Cheers,

David

[attachment deleted by admin]

2006YFZ450

Man those snakes are dangerous :Y
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 30, 2005, 10:28:28 PM
Man those snakes are dangerous :Y
Are you sure? I was thinking of getting one as a pet. ::) ::) ::)

big-daddy

Looks like it was ran over by a car. BTW thats a female and those are babys that came out of her mouth ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

That right no eggs.....Most rattlesnakes mate in April or May, and are born in late August through October. Rattlesnakes bear living young that develop from eggs within the female's body.  The mother offers no care or protection and babies are capable of biting from the moment they are born.  They are born with one segment  of their rattles and grow one new section each time they shed their skin.  The number of rattles cannot be used to determine a rattler's age.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: big-daddy on December 01, 2005, 11:49:54 AM
Looks like it was ran over by a car. BTW thats a female and those are babys that came out of her mouth ;)

Oh,Ok, Well that explains it. I thought it just ate a plate of spahgetti.  :D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

RAP04


T2slil'sis

Ms.Ass :p

Ride1Rob

#24
Dammit! Now I'm finding myself looking under this desk to make sure there are no snakes near me  :-\
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!