OCN North of 40

Started by Router, November 29, 2005, 10:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Router

Hey all,
I was looking at postings a few months ago and rememberd reading that some of you had figured out trails from 40 all the way north and had maps and gps cords to offer. I'm staying at Mill Dam for new Years and was wondering if anyone could help.
I've rode s/o 40 for a couple of years but never north.
Thanx, Jeff

Ida_Mann

dude,,,just pick a trail and go ;-)

that's the area I spend most of my time in, but as far as GPS coordinates and such,,,nah, I go on reckoning now.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Router

Thanx Id@
If it was just me & my buddy I'd do that , but gonna have chiks & kids with me.

Ida_Mann

bring a GPS and go for a ride,,,,I'll see if I can come up with some waypoints for ya.

ok, searching the GPS, I only came up with one that would be easily reachable from Mill Dam.

N 29 11.694'
W081 46.367'

This is a small claypit that is fun and compact enough to let the kids run around and you can sit in the middle of it and watch.

About 7 miles to the South of that pit(following generally southern-leading trails) there is another OLD claypit that has some great little hills some challenging, some not that is much bigger and well hidden from the road.

approximate coordinates are:
N 29 19.379'
W 081 46.559'

those coordinates will put you probably about in the middle of the pit, and the trails to get there are very easy to follow from the other pit.

have fun.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Router


themensh

Seed Orchard:

N   29   23.971
W 081  48.490

North of route 40 on NF 88  (about 15 miles).
  A couple  miles past the '88 store'.

   Chuck

sct450

don't they hunt in those areas?
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

Chuluota Bulldog

Just went last Sat to 445 and got run off by a bunch of hunters.  Lake Delancy is the best place north of 40.  You can run north all the way to Rodman Dam.  There's a humongus sand pit up there near the dam.  The trails are pretty tight with low hanging limbs and downed trees.  It costs $6 per vehicle at the park, but well worth it for the proximity.  Stay away from the south section.  The lake level is up and most of the area is flooded.

Prairie Master

Here are some trails in the area I freq a lot



Arial view




topo
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

Chris505

Here are a few #
and a picture of all those #
Good luck be carefull of the hunters

DELANCEY W 
N29 25.725
W81 47.299

EUREKA DAM
N29 22.738
W81 53.328

ROD MAN
N29 30.088
W81 48.901   
   
88 STORE
N29 21.574
W81 49.228
   
ELITESPOT CL0SE TO ELITE
N29 23.420
W81 42.509                  
               
               
            


[attachment deleted by admin]
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com