What do yall think?

Started by BigRanger, October 13, 2005, 08:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRanger

I recently got an 05 raptor 350. Its not what I wanted but I couldn't pass up the deal. I'm somwhat of a beginner but I like to hit jumps and ride wheelies. I know I need at least a slip on and an air filter, but other than that, what should I do to the quad to make it a decent freestyle machine. I already got better handle bars but thats it.

If possible, please let me know the approximate cost of products you recomend. I'm trying to keep it around 1000$ including whatever pipe and filter I get. I dont want to get too expensive because I know that I will get a 450 when I can afford one.

BigRanger

Oh ya, I also got a better grab bar off ebay that hasn't come in yet.

The hyrbid kid

so far idk price's but i heard hmf makes a good pipe for the 350.
airfilter i like twin air my self.
and really for freestyle i think shocks and a-arms would be need but u say ur getting a 450 so pipe and filter will be good.. o yea dont foget to jet it..

and then that thing will be  :Y  sick.
07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..

Honda250ex

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

sell that thing and get a 450!!! i have a raptor 350 and i do freestyle and tricks on it! now i am on my 4th swing arm and 4th axle and only god is counting the price of the rest of the stuff i bought from jumpint it!!! :(
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

Honda250ex

Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on November 29, 2005, 08:37:44 PM
sell that thing and get a 450!!! i have a raptor 350 and i do freestyle and tricks on it! now i am on my 4th swing arm and 4th axle and only god is counting the price of the rest of the stuff i bought from jumpint it!!! :(
THATS LIKE $3,000 ARE YOU NUTS, BY THE TIME YOU WANT TO GET A 450 YOU PROBALY SPENT AS MUCH AS THE QUAD IS WORTH! :o
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

its not that much but still expensive!! :'(
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

rappy350

I heard that if you have a durablue axle and bend it that they will replace it for free.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

UncleRico

Freestyle upgrade....

definitely switch the rear swing arm and the front shocks out to a set of elkas with the linkage package.


Also, I use a pair of handlebars off a little honda 80...they're small and I can get my legs over them quicker for knack knacks and heel clickers.

Uncle Rico
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

klutchbuster400

thats a good trick their rico, never heard of that, 80 handle bars......

UncleRico

Just remember not to land two hard on the 80 handlebars. If you're a big guy like me, they'll probably snap like a twig.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."