Tire Size Question

Started by Pat, November 28, 2005, 06:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Gearing up for my first QS or HS race in January...wanted to buy the 20" fronts and 18" rear ITPs or Maxis tires BUT...was wondering if they would be too small for these types of races. Should I keep my stock YFZ tires...meaning they'll do fine. Reason I ask if they would be too small is that I'm assuming the smaller 18" rear tires are better suited for the MX track.
Thanks
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

Honda250ex

Thats a good set-up 18's are perfect!
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2006YFZ450

Well I'll stick with the stock tires nothing is wrong with them..If you do choose to get 18" get Holeshots they are very good tires and almost all the Pro's run them.  And don't go to big for the front stick with 20''.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

o4250

Quote from: Pat on November 28, 2005, 06:51:01 PM
Gearing up for my first QS or HS race in January...wanted to buy the 20" fronts and 18" rear ITPs or Maxis tires BUT...was wondering if they would be too small for these types of races. Should I keep my stock YFZ tires...meaning they'll do fine. Reason I ask if they would be too small is that I'm assuming the smaller 18" rear tires are better suited for the MX track.
Thanks
Pat


You are correct, smaller tires are suited for an Mx track. Most harescramble racers use bigger tires, as you might want too also. You should go for the bigger tires.

8)

500ex

for the qs and hs races 18 rear and 20 front will be to small.  run 20 rear and 21 or 22 front .I razr works well on the rear and razr 2 or Irazr on the front. but your stock tires will work in the mean time.

                phil 

svtbolt04

Yea, your stock tires will work untill you pop them on a palmetto root, or sharp stump.

I suggest Razr 2 rears and Razr 2 Fronts.. If you have enough money, go for I razrs.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

The hyrbid kid

i rode on i razorz in the grass and over palmetto's and i wish i would of gotten the ones from moto mike i be they woudl work fine at the track and i like better tires any ways i know 18's and 20's r for mx but i like 20's 21's.
i like stock z400 tires r my favorite.
front and back
07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: 500ex on November 29, 2005, 12:23:45 AM
for the qs and hs races 18 rear and 20 front will be to small.  run 20 rear and 21 or 22 front .I razr works well on the rear and razr 2 or Irazr on the front. but your stock tires will work in the mean time.

                phil 

agreed !!