Please wear a HELMET

Started by dynodon, November 19, 2005, 08:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilburz

Hope he gets better.  Sounds like he got lucky actually.

Alot of people ride without a helmet because they think that riding slow or just checking out a place is safe. You can be seriously injured on an atv any time or place. I have not worn my helmet out at L-cross and the worst thing is that someone driving recklessly can t-bone you while you are justing sitting on your bike.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

cutngrs

keep us infomed of who he is doing
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Sad to here this, hope he will be able to ride again.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

dynodon

Yeah, Like Cut said, Keep us "Posted" on how he is doing!!!!!.
I am Glad to hear that he is doing better since saturday.
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

dynodon

What kind of reply is      " no" ?????, If you dont want to wear a helmet thats your own STUPIDITY, But don`t be making stupid posts on a thread like that.
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

CABLEGUY1


CABLEGUY1

#31
In case your wondering buddy, that's my answer to your is it stupidity question as well as the please wear a helmet thread. Now you bug off. This thread was started by one of the people that witnessed the results of the accident. It was started to possibly help save someones life. If you don't like to wear a helmet than keep your one answer responses to yourself instead of going against a thread that was started with good intentions.

dynodon

Thanks for the back up Cableguy, & Cut.
The one word response, And negativity was my problem. And Yes a helmet could save your life someday,Especially after what we all witnessed saturday.
  But thats O.K. , We all understand you and Raptor can only respond simple one word answers that are usually useless.
Now you Bug Off, and go highjack someone elses thread!. If you dont like the thread Dont click on it , or reply to it , SIMPLE
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

dynodon

GregsRancher, I should appologise for flying off the handle !, But this thread was started after a very Traumatic accident that many of us witnessed and was hard to take the response thats all.
So in light of it all have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING and enjoy
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

GregsRancher

i understand happy turkey day! my apologies as well.

:P
2003 Honda Rancher S 4x4

fdatv

It needs to be a law,  >:( no matter where u are or who u are. :'(
Early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse get's the cheese!

eatmydrt

I am the wife of the man that had the accident on Saturday with his 4 wheeler, He was taken to Shands Hospital after the accident as you all know. After they got him stable he was then put in ICU, got better there then got moved to his own room. He suffers from alot of extencive facial injuries (fractures), he was doing so well as he could the doctors let him come home for the holidays, but I do have to take him back to have the reconstructive surgery on his face Monday. I will let you all know how he does through that.  ( THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT I CAN SAY TO THE MAN (KEITH) THAT WILL EXPRESS MY EXTREAM GRATITUDE FOR SAVING MY HUSBANDS LIFE. THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR HIM, MY HUSBAND AND I BOTH WANT TO THANK ANYONE THAT WAS INVOLVED IN HELPING HIM. OUR PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU ALL, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.)

Ida_Mann

Quote from: eatmydrt on November 25, 2005, 09:05:49 PM
I am the wife of the man that had the accident on Saturday with his 4 wheeler, He was taken to Shands Hospital after the accident as you all know. After they got him stable he was then put in ICU, got better there then got moved to his own room. He suffers from alot of extencive facial injuries (fractures), he was doing so well as he could the doctors let him come home for the holidays, but I do have to take him back to have the reconstructive surgery on his face Monday. I will let you all know how he does through that.  ( THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT I CAN SAY TO THE MAN (KEITH) THAT WILL EXPRESS MY EXTREAM GRATITUDE FOR SAVING MY HUSBANDS LIFE. THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR HIM, MY HUSBAND AND I BOTH WANT TO THANK ANYONE THAT WAS INVOLVED IN HELPING HIM. OUR PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU ALL, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.)

we all feel it when a rider goes down and it's almost always a wake up call to the rest of us,,,I for one never even go more than a few hundred feet without a helmet on anymore, and a helmet has saved me from some injury not long ago at Big Scrub(Moose knows, he was behind me).

Please let us know how he is doing.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: eatmydrt on November 25, 2005, 09:05:49 PM
I am the wife of the man that had the accident on Saturday with his 4 wheeler, He was taken to Shands Hospital after the accident as you all know. After they got him stable he was then put in ICU, got better there then got moved to his own room. He suffers from alot of extencive facial injuries (fractures), he was doing so well as he could the doctors let him come home for the holidays, but I do have to take him back to have the reconstructive surgery on his face Monday. I will let you all know how he does through that.  ( THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT I CAN SAY TO THE MAN (KEITH) THAT WILL EXPRESS MY EXTREAM GRATITUDE FOR SAVING MY HUSBANDS LIFE. THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR HIM, MY HUSBAND AND I BOTH WANT TO THANK ANYONE THAT WAS INVOLVED IN HELPING HIM. OUR PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU ALL, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.)
As tragic as it was at least something good came out of it. I have no doubt that his story has convinced at least one if not several people to wear there helmet. For me it reminded me not to take life or my family for granted , so in a way he helped others at the same time. I know anybody that was there would have stopped to help him if they knew he was hurt. They just thought he was working on his bike. My intentions were to loan him some tools or tow him in. I was shocked when I saw how bad he was hurt. Once everyone knew he was hurt they were there to help. Cutngrs is the one that stood in the bed of his truck for better signal and directed 911 to the scene and Dynodon helped load and tie down the quad and lock up the ramps. Or the other way around. I get those two mixed up.LOL. I do know they both ride a cool DS650 like myself. LOL. Anyways I'm glad to hear he is doing better and Im sure it will make your Thanksgiving and Christmas a little more special. Good luck on the surgeries and let us know when he's up for riding.     Keith.

dynodon

 Well, I am so GLAD to hear from someone that he is doing well!!!!!.
AS cableguy said everyone thought he was working on his bike, It really shocked the hell out of most of us to find he was hurt, and really felt bad for not doing somethimg sooner!, But everyone came together as always when help was needed.
I am also thankful that Keith stopped, that really would have killed him if he hadnt stopped.    This is why the thread was started to try to help others learn from this tragic accident, and to wear a helmet wether you like them or not!!!!
Anyway, keep us all posted, thoughts and prayers to your family ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Flea_Jumper

You know Gregrancher, God as you said will not make that choice for you.  He gave you a brain to use, if you dicide to walk across a busy street it is wise to look both ways.  God gave you eyes to see with, if you choose to blind fold your eyes and make run for it and get killed by a car, THAT IS NOT GODS INTENTION OR DICISION, IT IS YOURS.  God gave us helmets, wear them.

I also had reconstructive surgery on my face due to not wearing a helmet and it sucks.  I learned my leason.  We will pray for your husband and God bless him and those who helped him.

Dr.Dirt

Lets not boil bad blood here, as you said Greg has the ability to make his own decisions and wether we think its a good one or not it's still his to make.

dynodon

Anyone know how the man is doing now ???????
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

eatmydrt

Hi , Just wanted you all to know that James made it through his surgery with no complications, his doctors were very impressed with how fast he heals, he is doing great and he is at home. He has quite alot of follow up appointments and a couple of specialists to see. But he is doing fine other than pain. Thanks again to you all for your help and prayers, they really worked.    Thank you,  Kim

dynodon

Thanks for the update, Glad he`s doing well !!! ;D.  Thoughts are still there for him and your family ;D
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

No1UNo

 HEY, THE SENATOR WOMAN THAT VOTED ,AND PUSH FOR THE NO HELMET LAW, SAD 2 SAY THAT 2 MONTHS AFTER THE LAW WAZ PAST   SHE LOST HER LIFE ON A HARLEY!!!!!!!!    NO HELMET.

southernthing

Helmets are a good thing my dad was in ocala on a new trail an hit a
tree sideways doing about 60

he  broke his wrist
he would have died if not for his helmet i say i am a strong beliver i helmets
blue,98 warrior with holeshots
white,06 z250
www.myspace.com/southernthing

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com