Tires for Yamaha 80

Started by rednek, November 24, 2005, 01:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rednek

I bought an 05 Yamaha 80 a couple months for the kid and have been looking for tires. It came with 18-8-7's on the rear and 18-7-7's on the front. Any one ever heard of 22-8-7's. I think four of those would give the bike the ground clearance I'm looking for.

Any info on this subject will be appriciated. especially if this is a dumb idea!

ppark350se

you are talkin about a raptor 80 right?   I have a raptor 350 with 22s and its alot to turn i wouldn go above 20 or maybe 19s if you cam find them. say you put 20-8-7 rear then you should put alittle smaller on the fron for handleing like 20-7-7 or maybe 20-6-7 not sure how small is safe but someone should know.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

Chuck_Norris

These folks have  just about the best tire and wheel combination prices that I have seen
http://www.recreationaltire.com/

2006YFZ450

Well a Raptor 80 would hardly be able to turn those tires and be even harder on the engine in mud or tall grass...If you do choose to go with those size tires get a K&N filter to get back some power at least.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]