Good read for today

Started by Moose, November 24, 2005, 08:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

Sally jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out of the operating

room. She said: "How is my little boy? Is he going to be all right?

When can I see him?"



The surgeon said, "I'm sorry. We did all we could, but your boy didn't

make it."



Sally said, "Why do little children get cancer? Doesn't God care any

more? Where were you, God, when my son needed you?"





The surgeon asked, "Would you like some time alone with your son?

One of the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he's transported

to the university."



Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she said good-bye to son.

She ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair.



"Would you like a lock of his hair?" the nurse asked.



Sally nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock of the boy's hair, put it in a plastic

bag and handed it to Sally The mother said, "It was Jimmy's idea

to donate his body to the university for study. He said it might help somebody

else. "I said no at first, but Jimmy said, 'Mom, I won't be using

it after I die. Maybe it will help some other little boy spend one more

day with his Mom." She went on, "My Jimmy had a heart of gold.

Always thinking of someone else. Always wanting to help others if he could."





Sally walked out of Children's mercy Hospital for the last time, after

spending most of the last six months there. She put the bag with Jimmy's

belongings on the seat beside her in the car. The drive home was difficult.

It was even harder to enter the empty house. She carried Jimmy's belongings,

and the plastic bag with the lock of his hair to her son's room. She started

placing the model cars and other personal things back in his room exactly

where he had always kept them. She laid down across his bed and, hugging

his pillow, cried herself to sleep.



It was around midnight when Sally awoke. Laying beside her on the bed was

a folded letter. The letter said:



"Dear Mom, I know you're going to miss me; but don't think that I

will ever forget you, or stop loving you, just 'cause I'm not around to

say I LOVE YOU. I will always love you, Mom, even more with each day. Someday

we will see each other again. Until then, if you want to adopt a little

boy so you won't be so lonely, that's okay with me. He can have my room

and old stuff to play with. But, if you decide to get a girl instead, she

probably wouldn't like the same things us boys do. You'll have to buy her

dolls and stuff girls like, you know. Don't be sad thinking about me. This

really is a neat place. Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here

and showed me around some, but it will take a long time to see everything.

The angels are so cool. I love to watch them fly. And, you know what? Jesus

doesn't look like any of his pictures. Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was

Him. Jesus himself took me to see GOD! And guess what, Mom? I got to sit

on God's knee and talk to Him, like I was somebody important. That's when

I told Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you good-bye and

everything. But I already knew that wasn't allowed. Well, you know what

Mom? God handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write you this

letter I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to drop this

letter off to you. God said for me to give you the answer to one of the

questions you asked Him 'Where was He when I needed him?' "God said

He was in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross.

He was right there, as He always is with all His children.



Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can see what I've written except you.

To everyone else this is just a blank piece of paper. Isn't that cool?

I have to give God His pen back now. He needs it to write some more names

in the Book of Life. Tonight I get to sit at the table with Jesus for supper.

I'm, sure the food will be great.



Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don't hurt anymore. The cancer is all

gone. I'm glad because I couldn't stand that pain anymore and God couldn't

stand to see me hurt so much, either. That's when He sent The Angel of

Mercy to come get me. The Angel said I was a Special Delivery! How about

that?

Signed with Love from: God, Jesus & Me.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

indianjoe

Awesome Moose.....What a good read!

Da_Mtg_Man

Wow, Very touching (as I wipe away tears).
Thanks Bruce. That was a great read.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Magnum330

On of the best reads here in a long time.
Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.

440ex

98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quad if your the 2% then copy thise into your signiture



440ex is pretty fast but not as fast as most. and we tink my bro has lt500r but not sure its fast ass mofo thou and i race mxx sometims

Dr.Dirt

Wow, what a great story! Thank you for posting this.

Honda250ex

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Moose

Thanks, but I take no credit, my aunt sent it to me this morning.

Had to share it.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Southern4x4

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 24, 2005, 09:04:12 AM
Wow, Very touching (as I wipe away tears).
Thanks Bruce That was a great read.
same here
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

bigscrub79

That was awesome Moose, thanks for sharing that with us.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com