riding near Sarasota

Started by mjpsoccerplayer1, November 18, 2005, 08:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjpsoccerplayer1

hi guys...in december at the school break, like christmas time im going down to my grandmas who lives in Sarasota (warm mineral springs) area. she has a lot of land but its not hers, its like all blocked off. anyway, if there is anywhere like 30 minutes or like at most an hour away from that area let me know. free or money it doesnt matter...im not a pro. so nothing huge. i dont suck so no pee-wee tracks plz lol thanks guys...Mike

qt314nfla

What are you riding?  Sport or Ulility?  We ride in North Port alot, it's 45 minutes south of Sarasota.  Some say it sucks but our group has had no problems.  Otherwise the closest place is going to be Croom.  There are a few muddbogging events over New Years near Lake Okechobee if you've got a ute.  The Yucapan is a bit further south of North Port.  I haven't been there but alot of ppl ride there too.  Hope this helps.  I live in Sarasota and there isn't much to ride close.

mjpsoccerplayer1

i ride a 250ex...sport but i have a ttr125L as well so let me know. thanks man

bugmanjr

hey bud I live in northport 5min from Warm Mineral Springs i ride utility sure Im sure we could get together..
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

mjpsoccerplayer1

hey bugmanjr...i'm gonna be coming down like the 23rd i think and im staying until like the 2nd or something...let me know what address you are and maybe i could stop by ::) thanks a lot man...Mike

mikeE36

Quote from: bugmanjr on November 19, 2005, 03:46:50 PM
hey bud I live in northport 5min from Warm Mineral Springs i ride utility sure Im sure we could get together..

wheres warm mineral springs? A riding spot?

bugmanjr

no warm mineral springs is a old fart meeting ground on the edge of north port...
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

mjpsoccerplayer1

hahaaha yeah thats where my grandma and grandpa live....
so does anyone else know anywhere else to ride. maybe some jumps involved. nothing huge but something. alright thanks for all the replys so far.

mike

bugmanjr

Theres a track off a rode called Sirris around the corner from yorkshire.. Actually there is 3 tracks one is loaded with jumps and like six foot burms!

I could probably show ya or at least give ya directions..
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

#74 crf250r

ive rode at that track its pretty kool and theres some nice jumps.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

mjpsoccerplayer1

anyone else know anything around the area...an hour or so further is alright but not like 2 hours cause thats just far. let me know of any riding areas at all, public or private within like an hour /hour and a half distance from sarasota. thanks guys, mike

qt314nfla

Only riding area w/in an hour of Sarasota is North Port and it's small.  Croom is 1.5 - 2 hours, Yucapan is about the same.  Sorry man but there's very limited riding in this part of the state.

bugmanjr

QT314Nfla
North Port is by no means small if ya now where your going!
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

qt314nfla

It's small compared to where I ride.  When you look at the size of Holopaw, River Ranch, and Ocala, it makes North Port small.  I'm not knocking it by any means.  I enjoy riding there.  I do know my way around very well.  If you can tell me you can ride there an entire weekend and not ride the same trail twice then I need to ride w/ you out there.

bugmanjr

QT314Nfla

I know your not knocking it, you are right compared to ocale and river ranch, there really isnt one..  But on my utility I can ride a full day without the same trail and if I go towards arcadia (SwiftMudd's) porperty I could go all weekend. Like ya said though  there is no comparison to ocala thats the place!

08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

mikeE36

Quote from: QT314Nfla on November 25, 2005, 09:18:01 AM
It's small compared to where I ride.  When you look at the size of Holopaw, River Ranch, and Ocala, it makes North Port small.  I'm not knocking it by any means.  I enjoy riding there.  I do know my way around very well.  If you can tell me you can ride there an entire weekend and not ride the same trail twice then I need to ride w/ you out there.

northports great. I just hope people on here arent stupid and go riding on the street. I'm always seeing people wheeling down the main rodes and its not cool.  STICK TO THE TRAILS!

450RRRR

was thinking we might try northport again this weekend.. are they still running people out.. or have they calmed down again

justkickinback

Lately if you stay off the streets, they are pretty good...we were there last weekend and had no problems...even saw a cop and he waved
300ex
350 rancher

ronny86250r

that is because he thought you were cute

bugmanjr

Mr Scary Cakes   son, damn right those boys are the reason the cops run us off!

lately no law problems, its perfect right now  waters dring up and making up some dang gone good mud!

im going out sunday...
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com