High School Start Times..

Started by 2006YFZ450, November 16, 2005, 04:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2006YFZ450

I just read it in the SP Times that they want to change the High School start times.  They want High School to star at 9:15am..And Elem. Schools start at 7:30am.  Is this stupid or what?? Their's alot of High Schoolers that have jobs and can't go to them anymore if you get out at 4pm.  What do yall think about it?
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Joedirt

I think ya'll should go to school year round ;D
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

2006YFZ450

'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Ida_Mann

poor baby, don't talk to me about working and getting out of school at 4pm,,,it just so happens that that is exactly what time I got out when I was in high school.

let me take you through a normal day for me back then.

6:15am - out of bed and getting ready for school
6:40am - must be out the door in order to make it before first bell
7:05am - first bell
2:45pm - last bell, school's out
2:50pm - Rifle Team practice(JROTC)
4:00pm - or very close to it, done with practice and time for work
4:30pm - sometimes 5pm, work shift starts at Olive Garden(dishwasher)
11:00pm - 12:00am - work is over, all depended on when the last customer left, but never before 11pm.
30 minutes later I would be back home and ready to start all over again in about 6 hours for school.

and I'm sure someone out there had it a bit worse in high school than I did, I worked because I wanted cash to spend on fun stuff, so I never complained to my parents about it or they would have made me quit, but I had car insurance to pay for as well.

anyway,,,,,back to cleaning.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

RL400

#4
Quote from: Raptor700R on November 16, 2005, 04:45:26 PM
I just read it in the SP Times that they want to change the High School start times.  They want High School to star at 9:15am..And Elem. Schools start at 7:30am.  Is this stupid or what?? Their's alot of High Schoolers that have jobs and can't go to them anymore if you get out at 4pm.  What do yall think about it?

:'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES

:'( LET'S ALL CRY ABOUT IT! :'(

mikeE36

I think that school should start around 9 and get out at like 1. I dont really care though because when i went to regular school i just slept through it anyway. I got to school at 12 now ::) 

The problem is that in this country we work to hard.

o4250

Quote from: Joedirt on November 16, 2005, 04:52:07 PM
I think ya'll should go to school year round ;D


I do too. Our youth are all turning into lazy potheads. If we keep it up, in the future they will be no doctors, dentists, cops, etc..











just start after I graduate. ;D

ppark350se

i dont think they will do it its been done up north were its only 8am start for highschool and ther was verylittle to no improvment.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

2006YFZ450

Quote from: o4250 on November 16, 2005, 06:18:03 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on November 16, 2005, 04:52:07 PM
I think ya'll should go to school year round ;D


I do too. Our youth are all turning into lazy potheads. If we keep it up, in the future they will be no doctors, dentists, cops, etc..











just start after I graduate. ;D

Yea me2.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

o4250

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 16, 2005, 06:47:55 PM
Quote from: o4250 on November 16, 2005, 06:18:03 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on November 16, 2005, 04:52:07 PM
I think ya'll should go to school year round ;D


I do too. Our youth are all turning into lazy potheads. If we keep it up, in the future they will be no doctors, dentists, cops, etc..











just start after I graduate. ;D

Yea me2.




kool to see someont agray with me!!11!!1

o4250

Quote from: RL400 on November 16, 2005, 06:01:42 PM
Quote from: Raptor700R on November 16, 2005, 04:45:26 PM
I just read it in the SP Times that they want to change the High School start times.  They want High School to star at 9:15am..And Elem. Schools start at 7:30am.  Is this stupid or what?? Their's alot of High Schoolers that have jobs and can't go to them anymore if you get out at 4pm.  What do yall think about it?

:'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES :'( OH NOES

:'( LET'S ALL CRY ABOUT IT! :'(



HI WHAT ARE HO NOES?

KK WELL TTYL W/B

rappy350

I dont go to school anymore    florida virtual school

        yeah baby
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Hoosier Daddy


Quote from: o4250 on November 16, 2005, 06:18:03 PM
















kool to see someont agray with me!!11!!1



This is why you need year around schools!  ;)
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

bigscrub79

Quote from: Mr Scary Cakes on November 16, 2005, 06:01:57 PM


The problem is that in this country we work to hard.
I think the majority of this country doesnt work hard enough. We are all getting too lazy.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

mikeE36

Quote from: bigscrub79 on November 17, 2005, 11:38:54 AM
Quote from: Mr Scary Cakes on November 16, 2005, 06:01:57 PM


The problem is that in this country we work to hard.
I think the majority of this country doesnt work hard enough. We are all getting too lazy.

Na man, In europe they sit around work for a few hours and go home. Thats the life for me!

RL400

Quote from: hometownboy on November 17, 2005, 09:20:33 AM
I dont go to school anymore    florida virtual school

        yeah baby

man im doing that AND local high school.

im just kickin some ass, next year... free periods.

2006YFZ450

Quote from: Mr Scary Cakes on November 17, 2005, 12:11:54 PM
Quote from: bigscrub79 on November 17, 2005, 11:38:54 AM
Quote from: Mr Scary Cakes on November 16, 2005, 06:01:57 PM


The problem is that in this country we work to hard.
I think the majority of this country doesnt work hard enough. We are all getting too lazy.

Na man, In europe they sit around work for a few hours and go home. Thats the life for me!

Well have you been to europe?  I go to Macedonia almost every summer and the life is pretty good with about 6hrs. of work a day.  They go to work about 8am and go home at 1pm and go back to work at 4pm.  That's the way life should be but it's kinda poor country.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

rappy350

holy crap where havent you been

  let me guess you ship your quad over there every year too
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Honda250ex

Quote from: hometownboy on November 17, 2005, 05:08:04 PM
holy crap where havent you been

  let me guess you ship your quad over there every year too

He has been to alot of places but he wants 800 to ship it over their! I think.. maby I will be going also, Hopfully, I will be burning his quad...oh yea! ;D and oh yea I love when school starts at like 10:00 A.M. (9:45)

MIDDLE SCHOOL ROCKS!! 8) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :Approve.gif :Y :Y :Y :Y :bow.gif
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2006YFZ450

Quote from: hometownboy on November 17, 2005, 05:08:04 PM
holy crap where havent you been

  let me guess you ship your quad over there every year too

No I don't ship my quad their every year.  Looking to buy a Bomb or a Pol. 800EFI to ship it their for good.  I shipped a Mitz. Montero their last year.  It's an '01 w/70,000 mi. and I bought it for $9,000 and someone offered my $14,000.  So I was guesing to ship a quad their and sell it when I leave and make some cash.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

sniff sniff... whats that smell?  MAN!  who steped in the BULL $h!t! nasty!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

450R_Matt

I think all schools should start mid morning. Every road I travel on the way to work has a school, and everyone has a school zone (20mph) busses stoping at every street to pick up kids, Damn busses hall azz so only like 3 cars can pass them b4 you have to stop again... I travel less than 20 miles to get to work and it takes me 50 min to get their.  >:(

School should start at 10 am......   ;)
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

o4250

Quote from: 1fast250r on November 17, 2005, 09:30:42 PM
I think all schools should start mid morning. Every road I travel on the way to work has a school, and everyone has a school zone (20mph) busses stoping at every street to pick up kids, d**n busses hall azz so only like 3 cars can pass them b4 you have to stop again... I travel less than 20 miles to get to work and it takes me 50 min to get their.  >:(

School should start at 10 am......   ;)


That my friend, is Naples for you. Its amazing how a small town turned into a big city, with traffic jams wherever you go! >:(

450R_Matt

Quote from: o4250 on November 17, 2005, 09:36:06 PM
Quote from: 1fast250r on November 17, 2005, 09:30:42 PM
I think all schools should start mid morning. Every road I travel on the way to work has a school, and everyone has a school zone (20mph) busses stoping at every street to pick up kids, d**n busses hall azz so only like 3 cars can pass them b4 you have to stop again... I travel less than 20 miles to get to work and it takes me 50 min to get their.  >:(

School should start at 10 am......   ;)

That my friend, is Naples for you. Its amazing how a small town turned into a big city, with traffic jams wherever you go! >:(


You kids should have more days off. It sure is nice when school is out. The Blvd sucks on the way to 951 durring the week.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Honda250ex

Quote from: 1fast250r on November 17, 2005, 09:41:45 PM
Quote from: o4250 on November 17, 2005, 09:36:06 PM
Quote from: 1fast250r on November 17, 2005, 09:30:42 PM
I think all schools should start mid morning. Every road I travel on the way to work has a school, and everyone has a school zone (20mph) busses stoping at every street to pick up kids, d**n busses hall azz so only like 3 cars can pass them b4 you have to stop again... I travel less than 20 miles to get to work and it takes me 50 min to get their.  >:(

School should start at 10 am......   ;)

That my friend, is Naples for you. Its amazing how a small town turned into a big city, with traffic jams wherever you go! >:(


You kids should have more days off. It sure is nice when school is out. The Blvd sucks on the way to 951 durring the week.

I wish I could have more days off but Thankgiving break starts Saturday oh YEA!!!! ;D ;D
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com