Main Menu

ASAP!

Started by NP04Foreman, November 09, 2005, 02:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP04Foreman

hey i have a quick question what does it mean when i have a clunking noise in the side of my cylinder head? i have to replace my rings this week do you think i need a new piston too?
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

ppark350se

theres a chance that its just you valves or it might be rod bearings not sure have to hear it to give a better answer.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

NP04Foreman

how much are rod berrings and how easy are they to do?
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

jwscroll

When are you gonna get a manual?  ???
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

2006YFZ450

They sell Manual's on Ebay for cheap so go buy one and understand what you need to do.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

NP04Foreman

i need to order one but i have to get this all done by saturday... i have to tell my dad i have to order new rings and ill see if the honda shop will hone out my wall...
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

Chillinthemost

I got a bad feeling about this
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

NP04Foreman

lol well now it turns out everything is okay with my parents and im not going to have it done by saturday but its all good cauz when we get back my dad will take it in and have the shop do whatever they need to do to get it running right again... thanks again ya'll for helping a fellow ATV rider out
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

Chillinthemost

Good, I dont mean to discourage you from doing your own work but you could make some expensive mistakes. Get someone to walk you through your first motor teardown and explain how everything is done. Thats not how I learned, I just dug in with a good manual. I was 14 yrs old and it was on a 185s 3 wheeler. I had my mom convinced it "needed" a rebuild and she took me to the shop where I had the cylinder bored and I got the big bore hi compression piston kit. It was a sucess except that it was so hard to pull start with that piston that my younger brother could no longer start it. Good luck.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12