Best Tires ??

Started by nobull60, December 21, 2004, 11:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nobull60

Just wondering what is the best tire availible for mixed use, some mud but mostly trail riding. Thanks for the help.

YAMAHONDAMAN

For the Rear ? .... MR501 Radial's ...9" "89" TRX Rear's
1985 Tri-Z w/ 1986 plastics, turbo crank, PWK 39mm Keihin carb, custom 12" aluminum s/ arm, Skat Trak 22x11x8 Tauler Haulers on 11" wide rims, lots of stainless, lots of aluminum...Powder Coated Frame,etc,,,,NOTHING STOCK !!!!

dreth

razor 2s or kenda klaws..........just my opinion ;)

VelociRaptor350

Actually thats a question i have as well, im used to dirt/mud and all the pics im looking at of florida is sand, what tires are you guys running for those trails?
'05 Raptor 350
Its Slow but it Handles

www.YFM350Central.com

LTZ400ApK

most are running Holeshots,Razors,and kenda Klaws,I have all 3 and like the klaws the best  ;D

dreth

i have razors and hole shots, the razors suck in my opinion but the razor2s are sweet and the hole shots hook up great too

vitaminsea

me and a buddy both have foremans i have stock tires but he swears by vampires what do you guys think of the vamps i usually ride anywhere i can alot of dirt, rock and gravel and once i dump my stock tires a sssshhh load of mud

Thrasher

I'm runnin mudlites, a great tire for BOTH types of riding.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

customrubicon

I agree mudlites for mud and trails. (4x4's)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

Kawa

My friend has mud machines(just rear) on a kawasaki bayou 220 and he went every where our artic cat 4X4 went

vitaminsea

well i appreciate your responses maybe then i will get some lites and show my buddy how to get down and dirty

Kawa

forgot to say when my friend is just riding a long he shoots out a  5ft long rooster tail and its about 3-4ft high sucks when you are behind him 8)

MadMudder

I say mudlights. I have had allot of fun with them and they don't rob much power. They are not the best tire for bottomless mud but if you find a hole on the trail they should do fine. I'm a mudaholic but they still work for my 2wd 250. I also ride trails and they ride great. They are really puncture restince (barbed wire) and wear decent. Those or mabye badlands. Just stay away from mud with the (baldlands) badlands. Those are the only two I can think of that is good for mixed riding. 8)
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..