Generators,Gererators,Gererators

Started by caospop, November 02, 2005, 04:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesman

YUP GOT SAME ONE
     
             A LITTLE BETTER ON GAS  BUT CLOSE AND I RAN MY AIR!!

dmljohnson

well i bought a coleman for 677.00 out the door from northern, hiram told me about the genrator,i used it and it works great for me...its like 20 amp 6500-7500 some where around there....i had it wire to the house and it work great....except a.c of course....it ran like for 12 hrs. before fueling......and i heard that fema was re umbursting you for generator up to 800.00...i sign up but nothing yet...
What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

caospop

So far ive looked into the ultra source, and the pramac 7500, pramac 10000. now its just a matter of specs and noise .
a couple of questions for you guys ?
1. what is automatic idle
2.  ''  ''       ''               voltage
3.  "       "     GFCI outlets
what do these things do and what role would they play in its operation ????

thanks guys
2007 Polaris Sportsman

Honda250ex

My dad was wondering on buying one but he said that it was non-sense because he would only be useing it in the hurricane season!... NO DA!!
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

kawGIRL

Here is the Specs... http://www.guardiangenerators.com/products/ultra_Specs.asp?NavID=1

1. what is automatic idle...   If no load it automatically goes to idle.
2. what is automatic voltage.... hum, Regulates Voltage Automatically
3. what is automatic GFCI Outlets..... For wet applications

Our 15,000 is kinda loud, even the home standby generator is loud.  Jeff had one at work running for 48 hours and it used 300 lb tank of propane :o
They are about $1,000 more than the portable.
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

2006YFZ450

I think your right on 1&2 but not sure on 3.  but 38 Gal. in 24 hrs. seems like a gas guzzler.  I had a Yamaha Gen.  Running on Max. Cap.  for 4 days and burned 25 Gal.  But if your using your A/C and really loading your Gen. It will burn alot.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

big-daddy

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 03, 2005, 08:19:06 PM
I think your right on 1&2 but not sure on 3.  but 38 Gal. in 24 hrs. seems like a gas guzzler.  I had a Yamaha Gen.  Running on Max. Cap.  for 4 days and burned 25 Gal.  But if your using your A/C and really loading your Gen. It will burn alot.

How many watts? 3 hours per gal on max cap? 
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

Kawgirl, 80db is on the loud side. here a web site that sell mufflers that will help. http://www.jackssmallengines.com/strapmain.cfm
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cypress33415

I got mine at home depot for 2000.00. It is a bit loud and eats up some gas,
But it will run my whole house..

[attachment deleted by admin]

2006YFZ450

Quote from: big-daddy on November 03, 2005, 08:27:24 PM
Quote from: Raptor700R on November 03, 2005, 08:19:06 PM
I think your right on 1&2 but not sure on 3.  but 38 Gal. in 24 hrs. seems like a gas guzzler.  I had a Yamaha Gen.  Running on Max. Cap.  for 4 days and burned 25 Gal.  But if your using your A/C and really loading your Gen. It will burn alot.

How many watts? 3 hours per gal on max cap? 

I think it was this one not sure cuz it wasn't mine it was by older cousins http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhome/459/0/home.aspx
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

big-daddy



I think it was this one not sure cuz it wasn't mine it was by older cousins http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhome/459/0/home.aspx
[/quote]

Fuel Tank Capacity 5.5 gallons

Continuous Operation at 1/2 Rated Load 8.3 hrs.

Noise Level 73.5 dBA

.80 gals per hour over 15gal per day and its little loud too.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Shotgun

Quote from: caospop on November 02, 2005, 04:23:38 AM
Fema has just anounced that they will pay for a Generator and are willing to pay about 850.00 for one. I was approved by FEMA for one i was just wondering who makes a quality Generator. Feed Back Please.

How do I go about getting approved for one? Thanks

Honda250ex

Quote from: big-daddy on November 04, 2005, 03:41:33 PM


I think it was this one not sure cuz it wasn't mine it was by older cousins http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhome/459/0/home.aspx

Fuel Tank Capacity 5.5 gallons

Continuous Operation at 1/2 Rated Load 8.3 hrs.

Noise Level 73.5 dBA

.80 gals per hour over 15gal per day and its little loud too.
[/quote]

I remember when you had that generator from Ray,  I think it was really good and strong but very loud.  Like Big-Daddy said it's little too loud.
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2006YFZ450

Yea big-dady is right it was really loud but it got the job done.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

kawGIRL

Quote from: Shotgun on November 04, 2005, 07:14:41 PM
Quote from: caospop on November 02, 2005, 04:23:38 AM
Fema has just anounced that they will pay for a Generator and are willing to pay about 850.00 for one. I was approved by FEMA for one i was just wondering who makes a quality Generator. Feed Back Please.

How do I go about getting approved for one? Thanks

Like I said before....you have to already have a generator (must have gas and oil in it...and they will check ;)) and then call FEMA and make an appt.  You will get the price of the generator and money for about 10 gals of gas per day that your power was out, plus any other damage that you might had.
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Honda250ex

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 05, 2005, 07:28:51 AM
Yea big-dady is right it was really loud but it got the job done.

Yea it was really loud..I couldn't stand that thing..I think he needed to replace his silencer paking.
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com